2022 NFL Thread

Walter

16 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I like Russell Wilson but Denver got fleeced on this trade.  They're not exactly contenders like, say, the Rams were last year, and they gave up a shitload for a QB who looks to be in decline.

when Teddy left  saints after filling  for Brees he got life changing money at Carolina, traded to Denver , kept the big money, so does he turn up somewhere or call it quits?

10 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I can just see the Cowboys fans--or a lot of them at least--being emboldened by Carson Wentz coming to Washington. Another cakewalk to the NFC Least Division title & maybe the recurring hope for actually doing something in the playoffs....

:D

You're just pissed the 'fins didn't get him! ;) :lol: 

On 3/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, Strider said:

The Calvin Ripley thing is just the tip of the iceberg. Now that the NFL and other sports have allowed on-site betting and gambling is legal across the board, you will see a whole bunch of stuff that makes Pete Rose look like a day in Sunday School.

As for Russell Wilson, I kind of wish the Raiders had ponied up something to entice Russ to the team. Speaking from a Raider fan perspective, this trade to Denver just made the AFC West a lot tougher for the Raiders. Mahomes in KC, Herbert in SD, and Danger Russ in Denver...all three QBs are better than Derek Carr of the Raiders.

AFC West and NFC West are the two best divisions in football.

Fuck Aaron Rodgers and the Fudge-packers soap opera. Every year it's the same crying and whining...just as it was when drama queen Favre was there. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The only thing coming out of Rodgers mouth is the cum he's gargling. Enjoy another early-round exit from the playoffs next year Green Bay. Bwahahahahahaha. 

"Why are government officials allowed to buy stocks?" - Lions OL Tyrell Crosby upset with betting rules (sportskeeda.com)

This guy nailed it.  Most employers only offer their employees access to mutual funds through their 401ks.  Members of Congress should be put under the same rules while they're in office.  

5 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

"Why are government officials allowed to buy stocks?" - Lions OL Tyrell Crosby upset with betting rules (sportskeeda.com)

This guy nailed it.  Most employers only offer their employees access to mutual funds through their 401ks.  Members of Congress should be put under the same rules while they're in office.  

Yep. It's a total racket. 

On 3/9/2022 at 7:38 AM, Walter said:

It can't be "official" until March 16. Seattle also released Bobby Wagner yesterday, so there isn't any link to the SB championship team except for coach Pete. AFC is the better conference, by far, right now. 

Thanks for starting the new thread.  This years Super Bowl is in Arizona by the way.  And we have friends outside of Phoenix that are now moving back to NY.  Damn.  There goes any chance of Super Bowl tickets.  Right now guess who is favored to win the Super Bowl?  Yes, the Buffalo Bills.  And with Allen why not.  That kid is unbelievable.  Gabriel Davis has emerged as a co threat with Diggs.  Not sure if Beasley is staying but they told him to test the market and if he  wants a trade they will not stop him.   If that is not being shown the door, what is?  Yet so far no takers. If its about the money he may swallow his pride and stay in Buffalo?  I like him. But we have McKenzie and he can fill his shoes for sure. We must go defense in FA and draft.  The number one ranked D in the NFL, but a coach that screwed us with 13 seconds left.  I was for firing McDermott.  And Frazier. Both. Frazier is the asshole that called a sideline prevent and let Kelce catch the ball to tie the game. Cost us a trip to the Super Bowl did McNumbnuts. So Beane will keep him obviously.  I cant argue with anything Beane does. He his the lottery with Josh Allen.  Now we need to either replace Hughes, and maybe Wallace?  Trey White returns.  His absense helped seal our fate.  Beane will get us the right guys.  I expect a boatload of prime time games. But now Brady is going to play and Russell is going to bring his cookware to Denver. That means they will also be on prime time.  And of course Rogers.   So Green Bay is at Buffalo.  A must on prime time. Bills extra game in a 17 game schedule?  Guess who?   The Rams and at SoFi.  IN LA.  Another prime time. Lastly, we play at Detroit. I am hoping we are on Thanksgiving. Maybe?

A BIG PS.

BRADY HAS DECIDED TO RETURN.   And to Tampa.  I thought it was SF or nobody?  SF was his childhood team.  Now take this to the bank:  HE WILL NEVER SEE ANOTHER SUPER BOWL.  The Rams or Green Bay are two teams he will not beat.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
adding

Tom Brady's ego won't allow him to share the Hall of Fame stage, and if he stayed retired, he'd be getting in the same year as Ben Roethlisberger. He wants to be the only QB getting into the HoF the year he finally retires so that all the attention and conversation can be on him. Having seen one Hall of Fame QB pull this "I'm retiring/No, I'm not" bullshit once before (Brett Favre), I wonder how long before he decides no, I'm really retiring this time.

1 hour ago, Electrophile said:

Tom Brady's ego won't allow him to share the Hall of Fame stage, and if he stayed retired, he'd be getting in the same year as Ben Roethlisberger. He wants to be the only QB getting into the HoF the year he finally retires so that all the attention and conversation can be on him. Having seen one Hall of Fame QB pull this "I'm retiring/No, I'm not" bullshit once before (Brett Favre), I wonder how long before he decides no, I'm really retiring this time.

Yup. The whole “gonna spend time with my family” joke line goes along with it…

17 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

BRADY HAS DECIDED TO RETURN.   And to Tampa.  I thought it was SF or nobody?  SF was his childhood team.  Now take this to the bank:  HE WILL NEVER SEE ANOTHER SUPER BOWL.  The Rams or Green Bay are two teams he will not beat.  

Yes, the GOAT has decided to stay far too long. He should have gone out on top as a SB Champ. Instead, he'll go out with a SB loss and a Conference Championship loss. Brady's a 7 time SB Champ -- it seems he just wants to play for the sake of playing now.

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Yes, the GOAT has decided to stay far too long. He should have gone out on top as a SB Champ. Instead, he'll go out with a SB loss and a Conference Championship loss. Brady's a 7 time SB Champ -- it seems he just wants to play for the sake of playing now.

The smart money says that age will finally have some say in his last year.  He is going to feel those hits.  I am really surprised he went back to Tamps. I heard they would not let him go to SF.  So no bad feelings with him and that dickhead coach Ariens?  I cant stand that coach . They should have let him go to SF for draft pic  or two. That would have been the smart move.  They think they can win another one.  I do not. I believe the Rams and Green Bay are the two teams to beat.  Minnesota is bound to be better this year.  Maybe they will be e a wild card sleeper if not more?  Someone always surprises.  Who will it be in the NFC this year?  I say not Dallas.  Not with that coach.  Eagles?  Maybe.  SF cant be counted out.  Maybe he loses to SF in a divisional round game and the last game he ever plays?  Oh, and lets not forget the Saints who have a great defense.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
add

Not a lot of love for Tom Brady on here, but even less for the poor schmuck that did this:

An unknown fan paid more than half a million dollars for the last football Tom Brady threw in an NFL game before retiring last season. But the ball has now lost much of its value after the 44-year-old athlete announced Sunday that he is returning to professional football, experts said.

The football sold for $518,628 on Saturday through New Jersey auction company Lelands, with the high price driven in part by the belief that it was used for what would be the last touchdown pass ever thrown by one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. Roughly 24 hours after the auction closed, Brady announced via Twitter that he would return to the NFL, marking a tough break for the winning bidder. 

"The ball is worth a lot less now," sports memorabilia expert David Kohler told CBS MoneyWatch, adding that once Brady throws another touchdown, the ball's value will be "a fraction of what it was worth."

tom-brady-football.jpg This football sold for more than $500,000 during a public auction in March 2022. NFL quarterback Tom Brady used it while playing a playoff game against the Los Angeles Rams. LELANDS

It's unclear if the auction winner intended to keep the football or sell it for a higher price later. Lelands declined to identify the winning bidder.

"I just hate to be the guy who paid $500,000 for Tom Brady's last touchdown pass," CBS Sports host Adam Zucker told CBS News.

Brady is the only quarterback in history to win a championship over age 40 with two NFL different teams. He has won seven NFL championships and appeared in 10 Super Bowls over a span of 22 seasons. Brady also has thrown the most touchdown passes of any player in league history and has been selected Super Bowl MVP five times. 

Brady used the football sold at auction on January 23 in Tampa, Florida, to throw a 55-yard touchdown pass to teammate Mike Evans during a playoff game against the Los Angeles Rams. After scoring, Evans threw the ball into the stands at Raymond James Stadium. A person in the crowd caught the ball and decided to auction it. 

in Beane I trust.  How can I not?  After he was the guy that drafted Josh Allen.  The Bills hit the lottery with that pick.  Now Beane has made a bunch of free agent moves in the last few days, some of which are head scratchers.  But I trust him.  The Bills right now are favorites to win the Super Bowl.  Not sure if I like that or not?  But we are certainly in with a shot having Josh Allen.  So they have gotten another piece for the offensive line. I am not sure if Wallace is still with us?  But they did pick up a defensive back, of whom I am not familiar.  A running back from the Redskins that I have not heard of but they say he is good. I guess you really must do your homework to get good players from bad teams.  So many moves the last few days all over. The biggest of course is Russel Wilson to Denver.  Now that division is a real fight.

So who is going to win the Watson sweepstakes?  How bout your Raiders entering the mix Strider?  LOL.  I hope you dont read this.  Carolina is the most picked.  But teams like the Eagles and Saints and a bunch of others are mentioned.  Houston wants him to go to the NFC and they do have say in the matter.  They are going to make out well on draft pics.  Watson, as good as he is, does not put a team in the Super Bowl like Stafford did automatically because there is no team out there as good as the Rams that he will join.  I do think he would make the Saints a team to be feared.  It has just been brought up that Atlanta is now in the mix as well.  Likely do to Matt Ryans time left?  Nobody has any problem with Matt Ryan.  He is a top notch QB.  I think Atlanta is a bit of a long shot. I still say Carolina is the place he lands. I think we know by tomorrow at latest.  Carolina is near is home and relatives. 2 hour drive. Carolina has McCafferty who can be a one man wrecking crew.   He is some kind of player.  A modern day Steve Tasker but a running back. Watson will be gone from Houston, no doubt there.  And there are a bunch of landing spots. Carolina is likely two years from serious contention even with him and McCafferty.  The Saints I believe would be an instant NFC contender.  Their defense has absolutely murdered Tom Brady.  Brady has not beaten them in the regular season.   And the only reason they won that Super Bowl was an untimely fumble by the Saints in the playoffs.  The Saints defense is the real deal when healthy. The Eagles are another team that could jump way up if they landed Watson.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
add

On 3/10/2022 at 12:07 PM, Strider said:

And there goes Bobby Wagner. The severing of the Legion of Boom era Seattle Seahawks is now complete.

Won't see any tears from me for him or Wilson. May they dwell in the basement for the next decade. 

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

So, Green Bay pays Rodgers a boatland of money & now I'm hearing reports that Adams--the best receiver in the league--is being traded to the Raiders...

😕

The Packers offered him more money than the Raiders did, but Adams wanted to play for his childhood team, and Derek Carr was his QB in college. Also, he's been PO'd at the front office since last season, so Rodgers' contract has nothing to do with it. It's a shame, he's a phenomenal player, and I'll miss seeing him in green and gold, but I'm curious to see how the Packers work the draft to try and plug up the massive hole they now have in the WR room.

On 3/17/2022 at 4:48 PM, Strider said:

I was hoping with Tom Brady retiring he would go back to making the "Adam 12" show. But now he is un-retiring, so it's all moot.

a40e86fd3d2cc6907df860c1688b3b0e.jpg.f9bc3bad57fb71457eb3716aeaf5f229.jpg

Seriously...is this Kent McCord? Or Tom Brady?

66242500da48d6911cfe174c47fd02ba.jpg.7581d92df4555b608c105481736030a4.jpg

One Adam Omaha! One Adam Omaha!

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I haven't done too much intense reading about this, but Deshaun Watson is headed to the Browns and Baker wants a trade to Indy. 

I guess the devastating part of this news for me is the end of those funny "at home with Baker Mayfield" commercials....

Three 1st rounders, a third and a fourth round pick. Watson signs 5yrs/$230 million guaranteed. Guess it’s a good thing he has 22 civil suits against him for sexual assault and didn’t kneel for the national anthem. 

^^ Well, it's not the first time someone was able to beat charges in the NFL & get by based on their talent. Rapists, wife-beaters and dopeheads have been around forever, nothing newsworthy in that regard...

Obviously Cleveland thinks he's worth the trouble if they gave up that much to sign him....