Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

You're very welcome. I was at the Plant/Krauss show at the Greek the other night and somebody mentioned this site, so I thought I'd check it out. I don't know if it's been discussed here much but back in the early '80s I attended the taping of " A Midsummer Night's Tube" a special edition of the UK rock show "The Tube" featuring Robert, which never aired, do you know if it ever saw the light of day via bootleg or anything?

Robert's taping was held on Wed, June 22, 1983 at the Tyne Tees Television studio in Newcastle, England where the program was based. As you know, Robert himself halted it's airing as he was apparently dissatisfied with his performance. Unfortunately, even

after all these years it has yet to surface via bootleg or within the trading community.

Robert's taping was held on Wed, June 22, 1983 at the Tyne Tees Television studio in Newcastle, England where the program was based. As you know, Robert himself halted it's airing as he was apparently dissatisfied with his performance. Unfortunately, even

after all these years it has yet to surface via bootleg or within the trading community.

Even though the performance seemed really good to those of us in the audience it was obvious at the time that Robert wasn't happy with it. I think "Big Log" was the single at the time and he did it two or three times. I remember him comparing it to a Kinks concert he went to in the sixties and that they played You Really Got Me twice because it was their hit.

Even though the performance seemed really good to those of us in the audience it was obvious at the time that Robert wasn't happy with it. I think "Big Log" was the single at the time and he did it two or three times. I remember him comparing it to a Kinks concert he went to in the sixties and that they played You Really Got Me twice because it was their hit.

Was this performance up to broadcast or was it pulled for good reason.Like many folk I was w aiting on Robert and it was last minute pull. :angry:

Early 1989 Stray Cats with Robert, Hammersmith not the Marquee?

Was this performance up to broadcast or was it pulled for good reason.Like many folk I was w aiting on Robert and it was last minute pull. :angry:

Early 1989 Stray Cats with Robert, Hammersmith not the Marquee?

The performance was professionally recorded with no technical problems for future telecast. Robert said his performance was sub-par and he refused to allow it to air.

The jam with the Stray Cats was at the Hammersmith Odeon, according to my original

findings and now seemingly confirmed by an attendee.

In regards to the ITTOD brown t-shirt, can you be more specific or provide a photo?

Sounds like an item that was perhaps licensed and sold thru Winterland Productions

fairly recently.

Thanks for the reply, !979 would they be around then?...late september Brown T shirt small logo?

Cecil, I remember those T- Shirts and if I'm correct, they came in a kacky colour. Not the same as the album brown bag. I've seen them over the years but never tried to get one. They weren't rare.

Thanks for the reply, !979 would they be around then?...late september Brown T shirt small logo?

If one was available then it was almost certainly a promotional item, not something you could buy in stores. I want to check on this before posting my definitive answer. They didn't enter into non-tour related merchandising/licensing agreements until the mid-80s. Your jogging my memory.

This is certainly the wrong place to post this but then...maybe not....

It's a mystery to me why ALL the cool Led Zeppelin shirts are for MEN!! DUH!! Us WOMEN want cool Led Zeppelin Shirts too! I prefer tanks with scoop or v-necks anyone who is a manufacturer that might be reading this :)

And, I'd give my soul (what's left of it) for a sleepshirt with Jimmy on it :wub:

Thanks Ally & Steve'

Trying to date something on TISWAS Not 1978 :blink:

Which something? Robert was on in 1978 and 1982.

Steve, I believe I confirmed to you quite some time ago that I was an"attendee" at that Stray Cats gig and it was indeed the Hammersmith. I don't remember it being "Little Sister" though, but my memory can be a bit shite and it was a bit of a party night. He attended with Charlie Jones (they arrived on his motorbike) and they met up with Carmen there.

And yeah, I was at the TTTV Tube taping too and know exactly the stories behind it being pulled, knowing the staff behind the taping too - and there is NO footage of it anywhere in public - Robert paid TTTV £20,000 to have the show pulled and all footage was handed to him as part of the deal.

Woody - is that you? :D:D

Edited by Knebby

Some t's exactly like this were made for the band and staff. I remember seeing Maureen Plant's brother wearing one in 1983.

Know what - I'm starting to wonder about the date he sang with them. I saw them on March 4th 1989 but that was at the Town and Country Club, as my ticket shows.

pk114.jpg

I can't remember if it was there that Robert sang with them. Then they played the Hammersmith and I think that was on their NEXT UK tour, which was in June or July of 1990, and that's the one Robert turned up at with Charlie and I don't remember if he sang there or not.

I'll really try and look into this over the next couple of days - for my own peace of mind as much as anything else.

Edited by Knebby

Know what - I'm starting to wonder about the date he sang with them. I saw them on March 4th 1989 but that was at the Town and Country Club, as my ticket shows.

pk114.jpg

I can't remember if it was there that Robert sang with them. Then they played the Hammersmith and I think that was on their NEXT UK tour, which was in June or July of 1990, and that's the one Robert turned up at with Charlie and I don't remember if he sang there or not.

I'll really try and look into this over the next couple of days - for my own peace of mind as much as anything else.

I'm continued to be amazed at your memory. Holy shit! I can't remember what YEAR I saw my first concert - "Welcome to My Nightmare, Alice Cooper" but know my girlfriends dad had to drop us off and pick us up drunker than hell! Kudos for you for remembering all these great details!

And kudos to Steve who has the library that should be published one day!!

This board is great! (not that I don't LOVE my other board....we're just a little quiet over there lately so I've been haning here more)

Knebby,

Thanks very much indeed for the update. It's given me sufficent leads to pursue on my own as well as anything further you can confirm in due course.

I suspected you had attended the Tube taping and I'm glad to see you have chosen to

share some of the specific details here with the forum. Robert taking possession of the

mastertapes himself would certainly account for their content having never surfaced.

Eye Thank Yew!

I just wanna say thanks for all the good information.

Collaboration is the key! I see your in Argentina. Peter Grant had intended for Led Zeppelin to tour South America in late 1975, but Robert's accident in August '75

squelched it, as well as a return to Scandanavia in Nov '75. Just FYI if you didn't

know this already.

I'm continued to be amazed at your memory. Holy shit! I can't remember what YEAR I saw my first concert - "Welcome to My Nightmare, Alice Cooper" but know my girlfriends dad had to drop us off and pick us up drunker than hell! Kudos for you for remembering all these great details!

This board is great! (not that I don't LOVE my other board....we're just a little quiet over there lately so I've been haning here more)

That's cool .My first concert was Alice Cooper's Lace and Whiskey tour a couple of years later.

He actually fell off the stage in Vancover and fractured his skull a year before I saw him{vancouver]

That's cool .My first concert was Alice Cooper's Lace and Whiskey tour a couple of years later.

He actually fell off the stage in Vancover and fractured his skull a year before I saw him{vancouver]

I remember that! He was hurt badly. Wasn't at the show but did see him on the "Killer" tour. At the Gardens Aud.

I remember that! He was hurt badly. Wasn't at the show but did see him on the "Killer" tour. At the Gardens Aud.

That's gotta be like 1976 ally,I was just a wee bairn .Maybe 12,13 years old

Collaboration is the key! I see your in Argentina. Peter Grant had intended for Led Zeppelin to tour South America in late 1975, but Robert's accident in August '75

squelched it, as well as a return to Scandanavia in Nov '75. Just FYI if you didn't

know this already.

NICE!. I always forgat to ask you about that..

Jimmy and Robert came to Argentina in '95? Because I heard that a few months ago...

NICE!. I always forgat to ask you about that..

Jimmy and Robert came to Argentina in '95? Because I heard that a few months ago...

Promotional duties for 'No Quarter - Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Unledded' brought Jimmy

& Robert to Buenos Aires in November 1994. While in town, they actually met up with Aerosmith who were on the South American leg of their tour to support 'Get A Grip'.

Joe Perry & Jimmy met for lunch during which Jimmy asked him if he would be willing to do the introduction speech for Led Zeppelin into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame at a ceremony to be held at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York (1/12/95). Joe agreed to do so,

and on the night of the event Stephen Tyler also shared anecdotes concerning Jimmy (after Joe spoke).

Before leaving Argentina, having granted at least two lengthy interview to MTV, Jimmy & Robert recorded performances of 'I Can't Quit You, Babe' and 'Dazed And Confused' for local radio on 11/30/94.

On Sat, Jan 25 1996 the long-awaited Page/Plant 1995-96 World Tour was presented

at the Serro Carril Stadium in Buenos Aires. It was professionally filmed my MTV and broadcast soonafter. Having arrived from Chile for this concert, they stayed at the Hyatt Hotel before moving on to Brazil.