Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

It's from when Richard Cole married his former wife, Marilyn, at Caxton Hall in 1974.

Nice work, Otto.

When Aleister Crowley discovered mescaline, he developed seven rituals - the Rites of Eleusis - and rented Caxton Hall to demonstrate them.

Coincidentally, Ringo Starr of The Beatles married Maureen Cox there in 1965.

I've never seen that photo before, thanks for posting. My first guess would be that it's taken in 1974.

You're welcome, Otto - and thanks for the information. One of my friends from a long time ago emailed me that photo and asked if I recognized or remembered it. I told her that I didn't but I would post it on the Led Zeppelin forum. When we talked about it, we thought either '74 or '75 - but after the U.S. tour.

Well, I was right. :D

It's from when Richard Cole married his former wife, Marilyn, at Caxton Hall in 1974.

I think that's Coles first wedding and that's his bride on his knee. I think your right about the time frame Otto

Thanks to both of you. You posted at the exact same time. :lol: Great minds thinking alike?

224784_large.jpg

224783_large.jpg

Does anybody know who is the woman near Jimmy?

Perhaps these pics are from '77 US tour.

My friend told me that it's Charlotte.But that woman seems to be a different person to me.

However,I had never her pics from April '70 till August '79.

Meanwhile, I do not know what features she was at all. And she looks a different person in all photographs :wacko:

Does anybody know who is the woman near Jimmy? Perhaps these pics are from '77 US tour. My friend told me that it's Charlotte.But that woman seems to be a different person to me.

In the first photo Jimmy appears to be wearing the same jacket, white pants and black boots outside the Plaza Hotel in New York (June 1977) that he wore in Oakland (July 1977). However, that isn't Charlotte Martin and I've never seen any evidence to suggest she accompanied him during that particular tour.

Edited by SteveAJones

Nice work, Otto.

When Aleister Crowley discovered mescaline, he developed seven rituals - the Rites of Eleusis - and rented Caxton Hall to demonstrate them.

Coincidentally, Ringo Starr of The Beatles married Maureen Cox there in 1965.

The things it's possible to learn in this thread never cease to astonish me. Thanks, Steve.

In the first photo Jimmy appears to be wearing the same jacket, white pants and black boots outside the Plaza Hotel in New York (June 1977) that he wore in Oakland (July 1977). However, that isn't Charlotte Martin and I've never seen any evidence to suggest she accompanied him during that particular tour.

The younger guy with the camera around his neck is in both pics as well. Are he and she a couple ?

224784_large.jpg

224783_large.jpg

Does anybody know who is the woman near Jimmy?

Perhaps these pics are from '77 US tour.

My friend told me that it's Charlotte.But that woman seems to be a different person to me.

However,I had never her pics from April '70 till August '79.

Meanwhile, I do not know what features she was at all. And she looks a different person in all photographs :wacko:

The bottom pic looks to be around '77, but the top one is later. And I wouldn't bet that camera guy is the same in both as someone suggested. But it looks to be the same woman. Can't say who she might be though.

These two pages from TBL 4 show Mick Bonham's pics of Robert talking to the lady in question. I'm pretty sure she is on another two at least, with one a front view, but may not be able to dig them out for a while. If I'm the only one looking - please be patient - if other people have them handy - great.

Thank you very much for your researching details,Knebby.

BTW, this pic is at the Melody Maker Pop Poll Awards Party on September 1975.

I remember Plant family's auto accident occurring about a month ago and

Jimmy Page said about it in interview of Rolling Stone in 1976 by Cameron Crowe.

'My child was too in the car. But it was never publicized,Jesus......'

Why was it never publicized at that time?

198724_large.jpg

This is an additional question. The following pic is from the same day.

Maggie Bell is holding Scarlet, and who is the man at right side?

226692_large.jpg

This is an additional question. The following pic is from the same day.

Maggie Bell is holding Scarlet, and who is the man at right side?

226692_large.jpg

looks like les harvey.

edit: but it couldn't be if this is a photo from 1975. harvey died in '72.

Edited by beatbo

The bottom pic looks to be around '77, but the top one is later. And I wouldn't bet that camera guy is the same in both as someone suggested. But it looks to be the same woman. Can't say who she might be though.

Many years ago i was told that the lady was a groupie who went by the name of "catwoman".

Many years ago i was told that the lady was a groupie who went by the name of "catwoman".

Lucky groupie she must have been. Note: in both pics she is dressed quite formally, doesn't look like they're hitting the local pub :)

BTW, this pic is at the Melody Maker Pop Poll Awards Party on September 1975.

I remember Plant family's auto accident occurring about a month ago and

Jimmy Page said about it in interview of Rolling Stone in 1976 by Cameron Crowe.

'My child was too in the car. But it was never publicized,Jesus......'

Why was it never publicized at that time?

Yes, Scarlet was in the back seat but escaped any serious injury. I would say initially the press was only reporting whatever details were released by the band, although in time there was a deliberate effort by some to play up an occult angle with Robert's family as innocent victims of Jimmy's dabbling.

Yes, Scarlet was in the back seat but escaped any serious injury. I would say initially the press was only reporting whatever details were released by the band, although in time there was a deliberate effort by some to play up an occult angle with Robert's family as innocent victims of Jimmy's dabbling.

I actually remember that still being talked about that way in the 80's. How stupid and hurtful.

hey steve, do you know the name of the opening act for plant/krauss in bergen? wanted to see if they had an album out yet.

it was a trio of men from london i believe...name was unintelligible when announced at the concert...i've looked around online to no avail.

here's a clip if it helps...

hey steve, do you know the name of the opening act for plant/krauss in bergen? wanted to see if they had an album out yet.

it was a trio of men from london i believe...name was unintelligible when announced at the concert...i've looked around online to no avail.

here's a clip if it helps...

His name is Scott Matthews. He's from Wolverhampton. Wonderful artist. Has an album out called Passing Stranger. Highly recommend it.