Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

219287_large.jpg

Thank you SteveAJones and AllisonAdler.

This pic is recorded in the book called '#001 THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO SONGS BY LED ZEPPELIN by DAVE LEWIS'.

The explanation of the pics are not recorded at all.

From the right side, Jimmy and Charlotte. This is correct.

But the woman with long hair who is standing on the left side.....who? :blink:

210530_large.jpg

And there is another pic mystery. This is a pic recorded in another thread(Main Forum/Photos).

Jimmy is holding baby Scarlet. It's very adorable! :D

Would this be a photo taken when and where?

If it is difficult to specify the place and the date, it is good in rough. B)

Edited by Alice75

219287_large.jpg

This pic is backstage at the Knebworth August 4th 1979.

My friend scanned it from the book.

Who is a backward woman in this pic?

Does anybody know who she is? :blink:

She's in at least one other Knebworth pic, I'll try to find it later.

The scan is somewhat grainy. From what I can see she's not familiar. Does not seem to be anyone closely connected to the band or a member of the Cobbold family. There were so many acts on the bill that day -- perhaps she was part of another act's entourage. Does the book not identify her?

:lol: - how do you know?

210530_large.jpg

And there is another pic mystery. This is a pic recorded in another thread(Main Forum/Photos). Jimmy is holding baby Scarlet. It's very adorable! :D

Would this be a photo taken when and where?

If it is difficult to specify the place and the date, it is good in rough. B)

Scarlet was born in March 1971 so it's almost certainly within a year or so of that.

The beard Jimmy had later in 1971 is either coming in nicely or, if it was taken in '72,

growing back. Given there seems to be a baggage cart in the background it's most

probably Heathrow Airport, and perhaps was taken as they were leaving for Japan in

September 1971 or returning in October 1971. I'm still looking into this further. I'm

posting off the top of my head at the moment.

:lol: - how do you know?

Well, the fact is I don't know for certain. It's not the best angle and to my eyes grainy.

From what I can see, it isn't a bandmember's wife or child, nor Richard Cole's wife for that matter (a blonde). I don't think Robert's sister attended. The woman in the photo

is not a Bonham, Baldwin, Page, Cole or Cobbold family member so far as I know. She

could be a Knebby but she appears to be much older than thirteen at the time. :)

It's a common misconception Mick is referring to Jimmy Page. He's not. He is most likely referring to James "Jimmy" Miller who produced all The Rolling Stones albums from 'Beggars Banquet' through 'Goats Head Soup'.

Mick once talked about how back when Jimmy Miller was producing them they would run a song idea by him and if he didn't like it, he would utter the word "dead". Obviously, that wasn't the response they wanted, thus, YCAGWYW!

The Chelsea Drugstore was in fact The Chelsea Drugstore, and not far from the flat on Edith Grove Mick shared with Keith and Brian.

Mr jJimi did look pretty ill,sure it was a reference to hendrix.

Mr jJimi did look pretty ill,sure it was a reference to hendrix.

Consider the lyrical passage in it's entirety to include the line "he said one word to me and that was "dead", I said to him YCAGWYW..." It's producer Jimmy Miller all the way!

Consider the lyrical passage in it's entirety to include the line "he said one word to me and that was "dead", I said to him YCAGWYW..." It's producer Jimmy Miller all the way!
I was not there, but a friend who was at the Chelsea Drug Store swears it was about Jimi.

Are you sure Jimmy Miller.She is a lady of a certain age and I do not fancy getting it in the neck.

Regrds Cecil

I was not there, but a friend who was at the Chelsea Drug Store swears it was about Jimi. Are you sure Jimmy Miller. She is a lady of a certain age and I do not fancy getting it in the neck. Regrds Cecil

Sir Mick Jagger is fairly certain it was Jimmy Miller (see previous post). He is also of a certain age. :)

Scarlet was born in March 1971 so it's almost certainly within a year or so of that.

The beard Jimmy had later in 1971 is either coming in nicely or, if it was taken in '72,

growing back. Given there seems to be a baggage cart in the background it's most

probably Heathrow Airport, and perhaps was taken as they were leaving for Japan in

September 1971 or returning in October 1971. I'm still looking into this further. I'm

posting off the top of my head at the moment.

Returning 71 or returning from OZ 72

1. I wouldn't like anything bad to happen to Cecil, but it's definitely Jimmy Miller. Jagger said so in a number of interviews. (Of course, I don't have them right in front of me, so you'd have to wait for specific source-info.)

2. Could the woman seen from the back at Knebworth be Julie Felix?

2. Could the woman seen from the back at Knebworth be Julie Felix?

Well, it's certainly the best suggestion so far. Couple things about it: I don't think Julie ever wore her hair quite that long and she was living in Norway at the time.

112747_large.jpg

Many thanks for everyone. :) This pic is from the same day(August 4th 1979).

Who is the man behind Jimmy? Young Ross Halfin? B)

220214_large.jpg

This pic is young day's Charlotte(60's). Probably it was scanned from CREAM DVD.

I think her blonde hair was amazing beautiful for a long time. Is that a real blonde or a fake?

Scarlet seems to have succeeded her mother's hair.

Is this a rare example though blonde hair is generally called an recessive inheritance?

Just wanted to say Thanks for clearin that up for me steve.....I knew this was the place to ask. :D

edit to add were there any americans there at knebworth....could it be joan biaz? or carly simon? totally uninformed guesses!!

Edited by katydidgood

Who is the couple in white in the middle of this photo and where and when was it taken? Thanks.

LZVII.jpg

September 15 1978

Jimmy was best man for Richard Cole's (2nd) marriage to 24 year old blonde art restorer Tracy Heron-Webber whom he had met six weeks prior in Spain. It was held at the Chelsea Registry Office.

Everyone from Richard's wedding then rushed over to attend Bad Company drummer Simon Kirke's wedding to 23-year-old American model Desiree Serino in Fulham.

Jimmy, Robert, JPJ, and Bonzo all attended the informal double wedding champaign reception for the Cole and Kirke newlyweds at The Golden Lion, also in Fulham.

I have no idea, but I've never seen that photo before. Robert's shoes look painful to wear for too long.

:hysterical: I remember all my brothers had shoes just like that (the higher the platform the better). I can't even count the number of times they damn near killed themselves in those things.

September 15 1978

Jimmy was best man for Richard Cole's (2nd) marriage to 24 year old blonde art restorer Tracy Heron-Webber whom he had met six weeks prior in Spain. It was held at the Chelsea Registry Office.

Everyone from Richard's wedding then rushed over to attend Bad Company drummer Simon Kirke's wedding to 23-year-old American model Desiree Serino in Fulham.

Jimmy, Robert, JPJ, and Bonzo all attended the informal double wedding champaign reception for the Cole and Kirke newlyweds at The Golden Lion, also in Fulham.

I had wondered about their social life in the 70's.

Why did not they go with their partners to such an event?

(ex: Robert with Maureen,Jimmy with Charlotte....and so on)

For these cases, most members of Beatles and Rolling Stones were always with their wives or girlfriends.

Because Led Zeppelin was not so, I was not at all satisfactory. <_<

I wanted to see the photographs which they were with their beautiful wives who had

dressed up. (sorry, such photos which I wanted to see are limited in Led Zep era.)

Was it their policy?

Edited by Alice75

I had wondered about their social life in the 70's. Why did not they go with their partners to such an event? Was it their policy?

I've been asked in the past to kindly refrain from divulging overly personal details about the bandmembers and their families. I view that request as a reasonable one and do my level best to respect it.

I've been asked in the past to kindly refrain from divulging overly personal details about the bandmembers and their families. I view that request as a reasonable one and do my level best to respect it.

I understand what you mean.

Then from now I will look for these within the published range or on the websites.

However, I'm not going to read books like HOTG or Mr Cole's.

Because I heard LZ band members terribly hate these books.

By the way I happened to find John Paul's interview concerning his family.

His eldest daughter seems to have changed her job.

From a 1999 interview in Australian Musician:

Q: Where did you meet your wife Mo and what are your daughters doing?

A: "We met in 1965 during a double date with a man who played plastic sax, and have been together since. She was a spotlight operator in a West End theatre. My eldest girl is a TV producer, the second an animation producer although she's currently looking after her babies, and the youngest is a massage therapist."

September 15 1978

That photo wasn't taken that day. That is not how Robert looked in 1978.

*edit* - this pic below is from the date you talk about Steve. Completely different.

2050418.jpg

Edited by Knebby