Raising Sand

SIBLY

THIS IS LED ZEPPELINS OFFICIAL WEBSITE as professionals the members of the band itself, it`s management & staff of this site therefore will not be posting information about the raising sand project on it. The raising sand official site,as well as country music television post these tour dates only:May5-thru-May22.......and as professionals they never state confirmed as dates are subject to change.

i just got the cd myself. most of the songs are too low and droney. i enjoy about 3 or 4 songs,

BUT this cd needs to be played LOUD in order to 'feel' it.

overall, i am not impressed, nah.

rob

I like the iTunes previews and the clips I've watched on Youtube. I'll probably buy the album. It's really not the kind of material for hard rock purists. It's really more of an exercise in lush studio recording and harmony singing than instrumental musicianship. If I were to compare it to something else I like, it would be like some of Beck's folky stuff, or Johnny Cash's American Recordings.

T-Bone really did manage to get Robert's voice sounding good here. If only the same production could have accompanied Walking into Clarksdale. In some respects this is kind of a "do-over" of WIC (like Please Read the Letter).

THIS IS LED ZEPPELINS OFFICIAL WEBSITE as professionals the members of the band itself, it`s management & staff of this site therefore will not be posting information about the raising sand project on it. The raising sand official site,as well as country music television post these tour dates only:May5-thru-May22.......and as professionals they never state confirmed as dates are subject to change.

This section of the board clearly states "pre/post Zeppelin forum" which means it's a place to discuss the band members' own projects. There may not be official annoucements about Raising Sand (other than people posting articles or press releases they got online), but it's perfectly acceptable to discuss it. If you're not interested in it, you don't have to read this part.

This section of the board clearly states "pre/post Zeppelin forum" which means it's a place to discuss the band members' own projects. There may not be official annoucements about Raising Sand (other than people posting articles or press releases they got online), but it's perfectly acceptable to discuss it. If you're not interested in it, you don't have to read this part.

Excellent point, and thank you.

i just got the cd myself. most of the songs are too low and droney. i enjoy about 3 or 4 songs,

rob

I just ordered it over the weekend and look forward to getting it soon. From the samples I have heard, it seems like you have to be in a certain mood to enjoy it, more like mellowing out as opposed to waking up to it.

I have been snowed in today and couldn't make it into work, and my copy of Raising Sand arrived in the mail last night, so I have listened to it twice already and it is excellent! My fave tunes are Rich Woman, Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us, Polly Come Home, Gone, Gone Gone, Through the Morning Through the Night, Please Read the Letter, Fortune Teller and Let Loss Be Your Lesson. I got the feeling, I will be wearing this CD out, LOL!! :thumbsup:

I have been snowed in today and couldn't make it into work, and my copy of Raising Sand arrived in the mail last night, so I have listened to it twice already and it is excellent! My fave tunes are Rich Woman, Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us, Polly Come Home, Gone, Gone Gone, Through the Morning Through the Night, Please Read the Letter, Fortune Teller and Let Loss Be Your Lesson. I got the feeling, I will be wearing this CD out, LOL!! :thumbsup:

I think you listed almost the whole album as favorite songs :lol::D Glad you are enjoying it so much. Great album indeed :D

rob

This person is allowed to not like raising sand if they want.

well This being LED ZEPPELINS OFFICIAL website Not created by Nazi,Jahad terrorist,or communist,Every individual is entitled to express perspectives on the topics posted--If someone doesn`t like the cd that has a Led Zeppelin artist on it does not mean they may not say so--Robert Plant HAS Always been a GREAT vocalist! Listen to what he sounded like in 1966-68 pre-Zep,he sang soft&low on some ,his Mother sang as he was a child--this stuff about Krauss being credited for teaching him to sing---is a silly little Joke. Amazin what he said on the youtube itv-interview jan.11-about homour!Robert Plant is Blazingly &Gloriously Brillant!

well This being LED ZEPPELINS OFFICIAL website Not created by Nazi,Jahad terrorist,or communist,Every individual is entitled to express perspectives on the topics posted--If someone doesn`t like the cd that has a Led Zeppelin artist on it does not mean they may not say so--Robert Plant HAS Always been a GREAT vocalist! Listen to what he sounded like in 1966-68 pre-Zep,he sang soft&low on some ,his Mother sang as he was a child--this stuff about Krauss being credited for teaching him to sing---is a silly little Joke. Amazin what he said on the youtube itv-interview jan.11-about homour!Robert Plant is Blazingly &Gloriously Brillant!

And he was a goin' Jesse.

:lol:

:blink::wtf:

I think you listed almost the whole album as favorite songs :lol::D Glad you are enjoying it so much. Great album indeed :D

LOL! Yes, I did pretty much list the whole album. Those were the songs I listened to more than once. I will be playing it more this weekend. :D

Anyway...

I inititally wasn't crazy about Fortune Teller, but I have to admit , I'm getting to the point where I longer skip it when the cd is spinning. It does still seem out of place on this cd though.

I like Fortune Teller. You know for some reason I thought you were talking about Trampled Rose and got the song names mixed up! Whew, it has been a long week! I think Trampled Rose is kinda strange. I will have to go back and listen to it again. Some songs take a while to grow on me while others I like instantly.

Anyway...

I inititally wasn't crazy about Fortune Teller, but I have to admit , I'm getting to the point where I longer skip it when the cd is spinning. It does still seem out of place on this cd though.

Funny this was one of the first songs I was initially drawn too. I love the irony of the lyrics and how Robert delivers them.

"Polly Come Home" was the song that really drew me to the cd. Roberts voice is just so achingly REAL on that song. Absolutely beautiful. And "Nothin" is quickly becoming a favorite for the same reason.

Wholeheartedly agree. Polly Come Home is undoubtedly my favorite on the album. The original version isn't nearly as captivating.

Wholeheartedly agree. Polly Come Home is undoubtedly my favorite on the album. The original version isn't nearly as captivating.

I felt the same way about Roberts cover of Darkness Darkness. LOVE where he took that song, but the Youngbloods version always left me alittle flat. Like the song was reaching for something, but just never managed to grasp it.

Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us, for some reason , is unpleasant to my ears. It isn't that I don't like the song, I do...but there's something so "off" about it musically that I find it almost a chore to listen to. And yet, I DO listen to it...over and over and over. And I think it is exactly that oddness, that dissonance, that makes it so intriguing. It's a disturbing song, and there's something beautiful about that, in my opinion. Sometimes, it isn't about how much you LIKE the song, but what it is about the song that draws you to it DESPITE the fact it makes you uneasy, you know what I mean?

Archived