Raising Sand

SIBLY

I've had the album for a while now and I just 'got it' yesterday :D

Your Long Journey is one of my all time faves but Don't Read The Letter is by far the best in my opinion. Can't wait for the tour next year!

:unsure:

I guess my album hasn't got this track.

:P

I've not read all the posts in this thread, but going to toss my .02 in anyway. First listen brought me a couple of strong likes (Gone Gone Gone and especially Fortune Teller) and a few maybe's. With repeated playing this beautifully done album has really grown on me and I'm loving it. I've fallen in love with the tracks Killing The Blues and Your Long Journey, both of them are so haunting with truly lovely vocals delivered. I really enjoy what they've done with Please Read The Letter too. Truth be told, I'm quite content to listen to it from beginning to end. There really isn't a song on there I dislike. It's not my favorite effort by Robert, but for sure not in my discard pile either. If they do tour and come close enough, it's a show I'd really like to see.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were nominated today for a Grammy in the

category of 'Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals' for the song "Gone Gone

Gone (Done Moved On)" from their new album Raising Sand (Rounder Records).

The 50th annual Grammy Awards will be held on Sunday, February 10 in Los Angeles.

"Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)" was the only track eligible for this year's

Grammy Awards. The album and subsequent tracks from Raising Sand will be

eligible for nominations next year, at the 51st annual awards to be held in

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The 50th annual Grammy Awards will be held on Sunday, February 10 in Los Angeles.

I read right through the endless list of nominations and I missed it! Where's that slapface smilie?

Congratulations, to Robert and Alison!!!

It is one Fantastic album, and I wish them all the best in their Grammy nod!!! I'd also like to see them accept this award, together, and maybe perform at the show!!! (but I won't hold my breath!!)

I read right through the endless list of nominations and I missed it! Where's that slapface smilie?

Pop - Category 8

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals

(For a collaborative performance, with vocals, by artists who do not normally perform together. Singles or Tracks only.)

Steppin' Out

Tony Bennett & Christina Aguilera

Track from: Duets: An American Classic

[Columbia]

Beautiful Liar

Beyoncé & Shakira

Track from: B'Day (Deluxe Edition)

[Columbia/Sony Urban]

Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

[Rounder Records]

The Sweet Escape

Gwen Stefani & Akon

Track from: The Sweet Escape

[interscope Records]

Give It To Me

Timbaland Featuring Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake

Track from: Timbaland Presents: Shock Value

[Mosley/Blackground/Interscope Records]

:cheer::yay::cheer::yay:

I must add that Rich Woman is the best song on that album....it's worth the entire album.

BTW, Rich Woman is featured in the movie Mad Money (Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah, Katie Holmes) to be released Jan 2008. Here is the trailer: Mad Money Trailer

:cheer::yay::cheer::yay:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I delayed getting this cd as I really didn't think I would like it as I am not much a fan of country or bluegrass. I got it for Christmas and all I can say is Wow, what was I thinking.

On first listening I was captivated. Polly Come Home brought tears to my eyes, which is not a good thing as I was at work. There are so many songs that I think are incredible, Rich Woman, Fortune Teller, Trampled Rose, Nothin'. I think Robert's voice is so fantastic on this album. My only experience with Alison was from the O Brother soundtrack, and now I want to explore her music a little more. A lot of the songs on this have an underlying darkness, kind of creepiness that I really like.

This is the first cd I have purchased in a long time that I have been really excited about. What can I say, but I'm really happy and oddly proud of Robert!!

A lot of the songs on this have an underlying darkness, kind of creepiness that I really like.

Yes, absolutely. There are two standouts for me: Rich Woman and Fortune Teller.

I burned a copy for my spouse-he gave it away. Hated it. Now he wants a new copy burned. Decided it wasn't so bad after all. It grew on him slower than it grew on me.

I told ya so...

Yes, absolutely. There are two standouts for me: Rich Woman and Fortune Teller.

I burned a copy for my spouse-he gave it away. Hated it. Now he wants a new copy burned. Decided it wasn't so bad after all. It grew on him slower than it grew on me.

I told ya so...

Looks like Raising Sand gaining some momentum again

Raising Sand This Week Norway #2

Sweden #3

Hope this is start of trend worldwide!

I haven't gotten this CD yet but plan to buy it very soon. I heard some snippets of it on Amazon.com and really enjoyed it. What two wonderful voices they have!! I never would of thought of them teaming up together but I am glad they did!! Robert is always amazing and I think Alison has the voice of an angel, although I never followed her much in the past but always thought she had a beautiful voice, now I have become a fan of hers. I also enjoyed watching the making of this album on Youtube and the video for "Gone, Gone, Gone" is cool too and I turn to Country Music television just to see if it is on quite often, LOL. What amazing chemistry they have. I can't wait to watch the Crossroads special on CMT in February, should be awesome!

This a.m. @ 5:30 I was watching the CBC (Canadian)

During a break there was a promo for Raising Sand..the promo was very good...phrases from a couple of tunes and some pics....

Juliet

That's very cool! I hope that means he'll play in Canada this year. (Oh yeah, her too.) LOL

Archived