Meet Ups/Conventions

MHD

I wouldn't mind attending a convention like this. Where do you look to find out info. about these conventions?

Tight But Loose always has info about the UK gatherings.

To my knowledge there are no plans anytime soon for official fests in the US

I would be interested in any meet ups in the new york area... anybody interested in planning something?

hey middlezep....I think it would be great to do a meet up in Manhattan or Long Island...maybe see some live music....like this place by me, Gabrielle's, has some great live performances with no cover charge....???

hey middlezep....I think it would be great to do a meet up in Manhattan or Long Island...maybe see some live music....like this place by me, Gabrielle's, has some great live performances with no cover charge....???

Hey -misty, sounds like some good ideas. ok we have two people interested for a meet up in new york!

Anyone else interested in a meet up in new york? just chime in...

I'd love to meet up with anyone who might plan on coming to see the Zep memorabilia exhibit at Knebworth in August. I already have people contacting me from the States who are flying over to see it, so if we can possibly coordinate a bit we can do something around the exhibit. :D

I'd love to meet up with anyone who might plan on coming to see the Zep memorabilia exhibit at Knebworth in August. I already have people contacting me from the States who are flying over to see it, so if we can possibly coordinate a bit we can do something around the exhibit. :D

Hi PageAngel - please let us know if there is a specific date (or dates) that the Zep Heads are planning to gather at Knebworth! I'm planning to take a couple of days off work and travel down to see the exhibition, so it would be nice to be there at a time when other forum members are around too! Thank you - you really are an angel! :)

Hi PageAngel - please let us know if there is a specific date (or dates) that the Zep Heads are planning to gather at Knebworth! I'm planning to take a couple of days off work and travel down to see the exhibition, so it would be nice to be there at a time when other forum members are around too! Thank you - you really are an angel! :)

I'll keep you posted. Oh and I better PM you on something....

If you plan it, they will come! If You plan one, I'll check my schedule and try to make it. NYC or The Islang is not that far for me.

Cool. Misty and i are on long island...but like she said, maybe we could meet up in nyc or the island?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember going to a Led Zep convention in London around 1988/89.Loads of bootlegs for sale,books,posters,etc.I bought Hammer Of The Gods there. There was a question and answer session with 3 or 4 guys up on stage, all of whom worked for Zep at one time or another as roadies,etc. Mick Hinton was one of them. They were telling all sorts of wonderful stories. I remember Mick Hinton later in the day, he was that drunk he fell into a group of people and knocked about 3 of them over. Later on that night The Zoe or was it Debbie Bonham band came on and did all Zep stuff. The next day they auctioned one of Pages guitars and I sort of remember a young lad playing the guitar.

Archived