Suddenly hip to not like Zeppelin?

Wolfman

Well here is my two cents.If those people who dont like zeppelin ask the artist they do like who they like they will find out zeppelin is on top of thier list not many decent rock bands out there have not been influenced by them.on a different note the black led zeppelin shirt i own one the reason the one i bought in 77 at one of the shows i attended was a small and guess what 31 years later it does not fit so i will not say what size the new one is but i am glad they sell them . I do kind of wish you had to show a old ticket stub to buy one though,but then again i guess everyone should share in the phenomenon we call Led Zeppelin.Sorry about the tantrum Zep rules

• 2 months later...

When ever i play my zep CDs or records my sister always comes in to my room and says stuff like "you do realise that this is the 21 st century and that no one listens to this music anymore" or she just simply says " led zeppelin are a really shit band, why are they famous"

i feel asamed to have her as my sister if she says stuff like that about led zep. :(

P.S. I totally shut this clown up the other day...he was rambling on about how great the Beatles were and what rip off artists Zep were....when I told him that the Beatles were successfully sued more times then Zep for song infringement, he had nothing to say....too funny!!

How many times were The Beatles sued for infringement??

I'm only aware of two ocassions: When George Martin put 'In The Mood' into the orchestral arangement for 'All You Need Is Love' and when Chuck Berry's publishers sued for Lennon using the line "Here come ol' flatop" from Come Together, which was settled out of court.

Seems lately more people are trying to be hip and not like Zeppelin....they usually say the same crap the haters say and of course have no substantial evidence to their argument...seems like Zep gets attacked more then any other classic rock band too..I guess some people think they are too cool for school and don't want to be part of the crowd...it's fine if you don't like them but their usual bitching is pathetic (Jimmy can't play, Robert has no voice left....nothing they wrote was their's,etc.)....anyone else notice this lately?

P.S. I totally shut this clown up the other day...he was rambling on about how great the Beatles were and what rip off artists Zep were....when I told him that the Beatles were successfully sued more times then Zep for song infringement, he had nothing to say....too funny!!

I haven't heard anything. Who's saying those things? I always get a comment on the tee's I wear and about the band. It's always very good.

HA HA I couldn't have said it any better...hah

I agree! I´m happy that my daughter doesn´t like rap and hip-hop! This music (is it still music? :D) gets on my nerves. She has luckilly better taste. She even told me, that she likes Led Zeppelin! :)

• 1 month later...
Seems lately more people are trying to be hip and not like Zeppelin....they usually say the same crap the haters say and of course have no substantial evidence to their argument...seems like Zep gets attacked more then any other classic rock band too..I guess some people think they are too cool for school and don't want to be part of the crowd...it's fine if you don't like them but their usual bitching is pathetic (Jimmy can't play, Robert has no voice left....nothing they wrote was their's,etc.)....anyone else notice this lately?

May zeppelin come back and show "haters" the light.

I thought it was always hip not to like Zeppelin. When I first got into them, I wasn't sure about talking about them with anybody because I wasn't certain if they have this bad Spinal Tap like image of them. Like they are making fun of them, and I've never quite understood why, now I know more.

I thought it was always hip not to like Zeppelin. When I first got into them, I wasn't sure about talking about them with anybody because I wasn't certain if they have this bad Spinal Tap like image of them. Like they are making fun of them, and I've never quite understood why, now I know more.

I must of had a 4 your debate with one of my best friends. Zeppelin Vs. Metalica. It finally caame to rest when he started paying attention to zeppelin's lyrics. He was alway ranting "Zeppelin's shit" all through high school. what a childish battle it was.

I must of had a 4 your debate with one of my best friends. Zeppelin Vs. Metalica. It finally caame to rest when he started paying attention to zeppelin's lyrics. He was alway ranting "Zeppelin's shit" all through high school. what a childish battle it was.

It was hard to be obsessed with them in the 80's. It drove me insane to hear some hair/pop metal come on the radio right after Zeppelin. It made me feel like I'd gone from heaven to hell.

I also remember some guy at school insisting that Motley Crue was as good as Zeppelin, and I went apeshit :lol: I wonder where that guy is now and if he remembers that.

Once I was at a party when that group Kingdom Come came on, and some dude ran over to the stereo to crank it up and he yelled, "They sound like Zeppelin!" And I yelled, "They're NOT!" And we went back and forth :wacko: What a strange time.

Archived