Suddenly hip to not like Zeppelin?

Wolfman

I never cared what other people thought was cool or what society expects everyone to do like a bunch of clones. Why the hell should you let something so stupid ristrict you? Sometimes you just need to tell certain people to go screw themselves.

When I was in high school (early 90's) they weren't that fashionable but what made me really stickj out were my Black Sabbath shirts! Everybody thought I worshiped the devil!

The good thing is that the older you get the giving a shit about what is "cool" or what people might think about what bands you like doesnt matter.I will like what I like and hope that other peeps I know will get into too,but if not so be it no biggie.Its great to have friends who share some same musical tastes so you can go to a show[concert] or play some tunes when doing something,but it aint life or death.If some one says to me they dont like zepplin, I think too bad for them probably never change their mind.Now if they were to really diss them then that may be a different story.

I haven't encountered any Zeppelin bashing yet, although I will be ready for that when it happens. I do, however, receive some comments about how I have an unhealthy obsession with them. What can I say? I love their music, so what? Besides, compared to many Zeppelin fans, my obsession is minimal. So far, I have all of their music and some t-shirts. That's basically it.

Although when I get older, I'll be willing to give up my life savings for some decent quality vinyls of all of their work.

I haven't encountered any Zeppelin bashing yet, although I will be ready for that when it happens. I do, however, receive some comments about how I have an unhealthy obsession with them. What can I say? I love their music, so what? Besides, compared to many Zeppelin fans, my obsession is minimal. So far, I have all of their music and some t-shirts. That's basically it.

Although when I get older, I'll be willing to give up my life savings for some decent quality vinyls of all of their work.

I have vinyls 1 thru PG unfortunatly not all in the best shape alot of snap,crackle popping.Too much wear and tear from constant playing

People have always complained about Stairway being overplayed and voted best song for years. That was the radio's fault for not playing a better variety of their songs. Recently, though, I notice the (classic rock) radio stations in NY playing a good variety of their songs, but still the "same olds" of other old groups. I think they're just slow or clueless...

I don't think the Beatles (as a band) were ever successfully sued over their music, although they did borrow a few lines here and there. George Harrison was very famously sued - "My Sweet Lord" vs. "He's So Fine", over the chords. Led Zeppelin had to change credits or settled out of court over their many accusations, from what I understand.

They were sued for "Come Together" because of its similarity to an old Chuck Berry tune (I forget the name)...

Nice work, Wolfman! :thumbsup:

Anyone who's paid attention to my posts knows that the ripoff accusation really stick in my craw. So good on ya!

59 . . . "blue perpendicular fuck" . . . :hysterical:I'm stealing that.

I'll tell you the same thing I told Pagelover on the old board:

Steal all you wish,just give me a credit.

Kinda like a songwriting credit. :whistling:

;)

B)

When I got into Zeppelin in 1981, that was the one time not to like them, it was a time of ZEp ridicule etc !! I didn't give a toss, I like what I like and thats it !! Years later my friends who were into bands of the early 80's now love Zeppelin !! Quality will always show thru !!..........Cool and funny about the Beatles being sued more than Zep etc :D

I never gave a blue perpindicular fuck what was "hip" before;and I sure as fuck ain't going to start now.

Sums things up perfectly, not much else to say after this. But what exactly is a "blue perpendicular fuck"? :lol:

Taste is subjective. Like what you like, and don't worry about anyone who thinks the opposite.

When I got into Zeppelin in 1981, that was the one time not to like them, it was a time of ZEp ridicule etc !! I didn't give a toss, I like what I like and thats it !! Years later my friends who were into bands of the early 80's now love Zeppelin !! Quality will always show thru !!..........Cool and funny about the Beatles being sued more than Zep etc :D

Yeah, Zeppelin haters go way back so its not a suddenly hip thing. I pretty much got into Zeppelin at the same time (1981) and remember being kind of bummed by newspaper ads for radio programs claiming they didnt play Zeppelin. But as I look back it was never a real problem for me because the friends I have chosen throughout life have been ones who liked or I knew would gravitate towards Led Zeppelin. Not that music choice was a factor; its just about finding the kind of people you like having as friends. That's really what its all about in the long run.

The Tragically Hip are pretty hip, lol. Also, if you code hip, you get h.ip or H.ip. You got to get a little visual here. The small h looks like a seat. The Capital looks llike a rung of a ladder. IP (address of self) H in English is the 8'th letter which you can liken unto infinity standing tall, and in Hebrew, the letter for h is the 5th element and means life.

Pretty cool eh? and think? thin.k (don't get me going on that one, lol)

speaking of the tragically hip I am a huge fan of their early recordings up till about Trouble in the Henhouse.More blues rock .They ended up changing thier style which I am not as fond of.Anyone else familiar?

:D

I've always loved Led Zeppelin and it's not some shit like this that's gonna change that.

Cool "Z88", but Im a little perplexed as to why it's even an issue with so many people.You either dig the music or you don't..

The world would be a major drag if we all liked the same thing and there was no variety to use as a basis for comparision. Having said that, being the very best at what you do will always atract some

sphincter that doesn't like that particular type music and who's favourite band is now advetizing some stench by a wannabe L'Orel to try and retrieve their bollocks career.

I have no clue what's going on in our contemporary world regarding the public opinion of Led Zep, and I really don't fucking care!!

Exactly that. Why be phased by the opions of others, it's what does it for you personally. Nothing else counts.

If people want to dislike Led Zeppelin for whatever reason, let them. It's their choice/opinion, leave them to it. I don't follow bands/artists because it's "cool" to do so. I've never been the type of person who follows a crowd. I actually think nowadays it's more "hip" to like Led Zeppelin, because it makes you look like you listen to more than the shit that's on the radio. Of course, I bet 2/3 of those people couldn't name a song on Presence or ITTOD if they're lives depended on it.

also, there is a sudden influx of those "1977 Tour Over America" shirts that everyone wears... personally, I dont wear that shirt since so many people who dont even know LZ wear it... so atleast were i live and at my school, LZ is a fad among the masses...

Maybe they are celebrating the fact sonce the 77 tour was one of thier worse. It's cool. Like girls who wear boots with the fur. (they're FUGLY). Metrosexuals, Emo's and Amy Winehouse all have bad taste, but that what makes them hip. I mean we all can't wear Earls Court 75' shirts. P.s. I do think i have the totaly unhippest shirt of all. A powder Blue shirt that says. "Nurses Do it Better." But i think it is hip to like Zeppelin, There are more poeple i know who dig Zep then i knew back in the days of Korn and limp Bizcuit.

I can only just remember Led Zeppelin from the time when they were in their "prime" .They were never hip in my circle.They only played live in my country once, when I was 4 years old!.

All of my school mates from the time either never mentioned them, or thought they were old hippys;they were into Abba, Blondie, and Saturday Night Fever.

In my early mind Led Zeppelin were never hip, they were simply the best rock band from the time before the the new wave came to smother them.

And then, after a long while, the wave receded to reveal a shining jewel on the parched sand, a music that had looked both forwards and backwards and was, eventually, recognised for what it was.

Music made with craft, skill and love, both of its time and beyond time.

In other words in the "Real World" that I experience,in my older and wiser mind, they have never and will never thankfully be "hip", but their music will still be around long after we ain't around to hear it.

I truly believe this.

Led Zeppelin: the first band to be so fucking great the press shit themselves to the point they could only hate.

I'll sign on for 59's blue, perpendicular fuck. Hope I don't get a rash. :beer:

"Now I've got friends who will give me their shoulder,

Event I should happen to fall

Time and his bride growing older

I've got friends who will give me fuck all"

Solidarity brothers and sisters!

You know! Ah you know!

Archived