Who's That Bloke With Percy?

Knebby

Percy with....his.....bike. In Boulder, CO.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmehal/3018889143/

The photog says that he "took this picture of Robert Plant just after meeting him in Boulder CO on 7/21/08, the morning of his concert at Red Rocks with Alison Krauss (Raising Sand Tour).

"My Wife and I drove up to Boulder from Denver to go sightseeing (we were in from Georgia for the concert). My Wife stopped and asked him if he knew a good place to get breakfast...she had no clue who he was."

:slapface:

lol that's great!

with Rodney Bingenheimer

jimmyrodney.jpg

....beautiful picture AEN27...(Picture looks like '73) looks like Rodney and Led Zep are very close right from the beginning...Rodney also stated in Guitarworld '86 Issue that he arranged for the whole band to see Elvis in Vegas on Opening Night July 31, 1969 and they got special classic records "1969" that night...sure enough there was picture of Rodney w/Elvis...here is one more of the Happy/Go Luck days...

DVDVolume-1.jpg

Edited by PlanetPage

...and Linda Ronstadt and Ron Wood

wood.jpg

Jimmy and Paul Rodgers

Firm-1.jpg

Robert and Michael Douglas

douglas.jpg

with Mick Jones

foreigner.jpg

I think this picture of Robert Plant and Michael Douglas is pretty cool. I never thought I would see a picture of these two together. I wonder if Michael ever saw Led Zeppelin live back in the 1970's or if Robert Plant has seen "Wall Street".

Michael Douglas was among many celebrities backstage at the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert featuring a reunited Led Zeppelin in May 1988.

But I'm pretty sure that pic was not taken back then.

My guess would be the Nobel Prize Ceremony, in 2003. It was hosted by Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas. Robert did some songs at the ceremony. :)

Michael Douglas was among many celebrities backstage at the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert featuring a reunited Led Zeppelin in May 1988.

Do you know if Michael Douglas is or was a confirmed Led Zeppelin fan, now or back in the day? Just Curious.

:o

:wub::wub:

:huh:

Oh, yeah...nice to know who the people are. :) Took me a while to notice them though. :ph34r:

Could Robert be any goddam cuter? Are you sure the next pic was Palin (michael, not sarah-ye gads!)? Didn't look like him to me.

What picture are you referring to? All that came up was a comment from brspled from last year.

Oh-sorry. Page 3 of this thread, post #60 (And p.4, #61).

Thanks.

Edited by ZeppyNetters

Wow, that pic gave a me a flashback(somewhat annoying). I remember 9/14/83 in Philly. I was in the front row and Robert was introducing the group and when he got to Phil Collins, he blew that damn trumpet right into the mic and my head almost exploded since I was right next to the speaker. Then of course Collins came back to Philly on 7/13/85 and pissed me off further. LOL

Robert blew on the trumpet or Phil? Was it the Hindemith concerto, or the Hummel (jk)?

I'm interested since once upon a time I played the trumpet-

I thought I might have something in common with Percy! Unfortunately in most respects I'm the opposite of Plant.

In the Neil Daniels book they mention Robert's dad played in a brass band-I wish they'd said what instrument he played! On the subject of brass bands, there's a good movie (based on the Grimethorpe Colliery Band) called Brassed Off. With Ewan McGregor, Pete Postlewaite and another guy (who I thought stole the show), Stephen Tompkinson. There I go, off on a tangent again!

• 2 weeks later...
jimmypageledzeppelin31.jpg

???

Hammersmith Palais July 31, 2005

Jimmy, Brian May & Dan Hawkins from Darkness judge the ABC Trust's Riffathon Live Final (2005) featuring ten guitarists. Jimmy presented a 1957 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top to winner Martin Tomkins

Edited by SteveAJones

Hammersmith Palais July 31, 2005

Jimmy, Brian May & Dan Hawkins from Darkness judge the ABC Trust's Riffathon Live Final (2005) featuring ten guitarists. Jimmy presented a 1957 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top to winner Martin Tomkins

Steve, can you identify when the photo I've posted above was taken?