Knebby

peteandpaulkampuchea.jpg

From right: Paul Mccartney, Pete Townshend, Denny Laine, Robert Plant

Can't see who the one on the left is :mellow:

It's Billy Bremner from Rockpile.

Bonzo is also up at the back on drums.

Edited by Knebby

What are these pics from?

Concerts for the People of Kampuchea was a series of concerts featuring Queen, The Clash, The Pretenders, The Who, Elvis Costello, Wings, and many more artists which took place at the Hammersmith Odeon in London, England during December 1979 to raise money for the victims of war-torn Cambodia. The event was organized by Paul McCartney and Kurt Waldheim, and it involved older artists such as McCartney and The Who as well as younger new wave acts like The Clash and the Pretenders. The last of the concerts was the last concert of Wings.

Rockestra's personnel * Piano: Paul McCartney * Keyboards: Linda McCartney, Tony Ashton, Gary Brooker * Guitars: Denny Laine, Laurence Juber, James Honeyman-Scott, Dave Edmunds, Billy Bremner, Pete Townshend, Robert Plant * Bass: Paul McCartney, Bruce Thomas, Ronnie Lane, John Paul Jones * Drums, Percussion: Steve Holly, Kenney Jones, Tony Carr, Morris Pert, Speedy Acquaye, John Bonham * Horns: Howie Casey, Steve Howard, Thaddeus Richard, Tony Dorsey * Vocals: Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney, John Paul Jones, Ronnie Lane, Bruce Thomas, Robert Plant

Thanks Hotplant. Here's another one from the same night. Apparently these were taken when Jimmy strolled into their dressing rooms at their London show.

PTJP.jpg

Heya Mad,

I missed this one. That's cool, Jimmy must like them at least a bit to show up.

Don't blame him one little bit. :)

Saw a great vid of the band in Edmonton, excellent. Chris did some Immigration Song and I dare say he nailed it in his own very nice way....mmmhhhmmm. :D

Concerts for the People of Kampuchea was a series of concerts featuring Queen, The Clash, The Pretenders, The Who, Elvis Costello, Wings, and many more artists which took place at the Hammersmith Odeon in London, England during December 1979 to raise money for the victims of war-torn Cambodia. The event was organized by Paul McCartney and Kurt Waldheim, and it involved older artists such as McCartney and The Who as well as younger new wave acts like The Clash and the Pretenders. The last of the concerts was the last concert of Wings.

Rockestra's personnel * Piano: Paul McCartney * Keyboards: Linda McCartney, Tony Ashton, Gary Brooker * Guitars: Denny Laine, Laurence Juber, James Honeyman-Scott, Dave Edmunds, Billy Bremner, Pete Townshend, Robert Plant * Bass: Paul McCartney, Bruce Thomas, Ronnie Lane, John Paul Jones * Drums, Percussion: Steve Holly, Kenney Jones, Tony Carr, Morris Pert, Speedy Acquaye, John Bonham * Horns: Howie Casey, Steve Howard, Thaddeus Richard, Tony Dorsey * Vocals: Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney, John Paul Jones, Ronnie Lane, Bruce Thomas, Robert Plant

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
...From What I know, I have also seen him with Rolling Stones Pic's, he is Pundit Ravi Shankar's the Sitar Maestro's nephew/relative

as you probably know, Shankar was very much surrounded by all musicians alike...

hope this helps..

he does resemble Shankar...look closely...

I believe that is Steve Weiss, Led Zeppelin's attorney...

I believe that is Steve Weiss, Led Zeppelin's attorney...

...thanks for clarification, any more photos, "if possible"

The subject in question "possibly" appears at least in one picture here:

With Krissy/Ron Wood and George Harrison:

only a small photo here... (I have seen a large photo(s) before, unable to find now:

278891_thumb.jpg

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/photos/8T/91/278891_thumb.jpg

PS: I am happy for you that Jimmy Page chose a spot next to you, I don't think I could bare meeting him, he is too HOT for me- PlanetPage will just melt into the universe!!!!... :D

This is slightly reverse, but I am looking for a picture of any member of Zep with Janis. I don't even know if such pictures exist. However I do know that Robert spent a lot of time with Janis. I'm not saying there was a relationship or anything of the type except they were friends, but he has refered to her as his fairy tour godmother.

This is slightly reverse, but I am looking for a picture of any member of Zep with Janis. I don't even know if such pictures exist. However I do know that Robert spent a lot of time with Janis. I'm not saying there was a relationship or anything of the type except they were friends, but he has refered to her as his fairy tour godmother.

I'd love to see that as well. I actually had no clue they were friends. Thanks for the info. :)

Hotplant, don't know if you're around today but I immediately thought of you when I saw this pic ;) Hell, I got a bit excited when I saw it :P

CCRP.jpg

Got to run, I'll be back later.

Yep, I'm here.... :D , I DID see that one when I was searching all the guys in the bands myspace.

Sweet huh? And you can SEE Chris is taller than Robert!!!!

ps: I never realized how hot Peter is....

Edited by Hotplant