STH in the 80's...

Wolfman

this is very scary. it started out ok. at first I was thinking that the only thing 80s about it was the way they were dressed, but then the "and it makes me wonder" chorus came in and it was all over. such an interesting rendition, but still not my cup of tea.

I took this from another post but more of you have too see this...so damn 80's sounding...the musicians are good but the cheese factor is real high...enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2hnboQdnUg

P.S. Gotta love the Jan Hammer/ Miami Vice drum sound

Definitely very 80's sounding entirely. I actually liked this when I heard it back in the 80's for the first time, enough that I went out and bought the 12" vinyl single of it, which I still have.

Ha! God that takes me back... and not in a good way, either.

The 80's really were the worst decade in memory for music (and fasion too, as that clip proves!)

I love the way that the studio audience had obviously been told to do that clapping above their heads at the begining, but can't keep in time to save their lives.

The 80's really were the worst decade in memory for music (and fasion too, as that clip proves!)

I love the way that the studio audience had obviously been told to do that clapping above their heads at the begining, but can't keep in time to save their lives.

I agree with you... it was a horrible decade... just trashed away... For God's Sake... just the freaking make-up in the girl's faces and the Zebra-Leopard-Tiger textures... don't know what was on the mind of fashionists... really an orgy of animal skin in their sick heads!!!!!

I loved many things about the 80s including the music. Great memories.

YIPE!

I was there, the 80's were so bad (Hair Metal, kids on milk cartons, flood of cheap coke, backmasking scare, rise of Christian Right, war in Central America, Tipper Gore, Ronald Reagan, etc) they made the lame '70s seem cool!

I took this from another post but more of you have too see this...so damn 80's sounding...the musicians are good but the cheese factor is real high...enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2hnboQdnUg

P.S. Gotta love the Jan Hammer/ Miami Vice drum sound

Is that Adam Sandler from the Wedding Singer? One would think repeated listening to this might give you aids.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry,we don't have classic rock stations in Ireland,so i never understood the idea that STH was cliché,now i know,i won't be able to fall asleep tonight,the keyboards are set to chorus,the start is too fast,the drumming is...words fail me!The recorder section butchered and that fucking chorus is made of plastic,i never knew you turn plastic into a song but they did it,the chorus is the worst sound you can make with your voice,and the solo is a crime punishable by death. :thumbdown:

Archived