LZ Memorabilia Exhibit at Knebworth House

PageAngel

An update for those interested - the memorabilia has been arriving at my house from far and wide! I'm on a first name basis with the FedEx guy, who this morning waited to watch me open a box. He said, "Blimey, you could scream for England." :lol: It's so exciting! Honestly it's like Christmas here opening boxes and pulling out all these treasures. All of you who loaned something to help the children in Brazil - YOU ROCK!!! B)

Good heavens....Jimmy's tour robe is in my lounge!!! :cheer:

what does this robe look like? did they all have one made the same?

what does this robe look like? did they all have one made the same?

I think so. I'm pretty sure this is Jimmy's and Robert is in his. There is a color one I've seen of Bonzo and it looks like these and is red.

pptourrobe75.jpg

The picture of the robe Jimmy is wearing in the posted pic is very similar to the one I have here. The one for the Knebworth display is a cream colour, identical in style. It's got "Jimmy" embroidered in burgundy on the lapel and the back says, "Led Zeppelin The 1980's Part One." It's really lovely to see it and looks spectacular with all the great memorabilia surrounding it. It will have Bonzo's jacket alongside it very soon. :D

I would never even joke about not returning it. Every person who was kind enough to loan me an item will get it returned to them as soon as the exhibit is over. I appreciate them so much for making the exhibit possible, and would never replace or keep one single thread of anything they entrusted to my care. :)

Another of my most favourite things is a 1969 tour book. What a lovely thing! And the programmes I have - all with tickets - wow, it's amazing it really is. The collectors really stepped up here and have done an amazing job. As any collector will know, it's not easy to put these things in the mail or have me drive off with them. They're wonderful for doing this for the charity. :notworthy:

Wow - this sounds as though it's going to be a truly amazing exhibition. I can't wait to be there in August! :cheer:

PageAngel, thank you so much for all the hard work you have put into this, and thank you to all the contributors for lending your precious memorabilia for such a great cause.

:thanku:

Wow - this sounds as though it's going to be a truly amazing exhibition. I can't wait to be there in August! :cheer:

PageAngel, thank you so much for all the hard work you have put into this, and thank you to all the contributors for lending your precious memorabilia for such a great cause.

:thanku:

Annie drove off with some of my precious things last Saturday - The photos I walked bloody miles all through London to find, all those years ago. It was like losing friends...... :( - All my walls are bare!! :huh:

Edited by harlequin

The picture of the robe Jimmy is wearing in the posted pic is very similar to the one I have here. The one for the Knebworth display is a cream colour, identical in style. It's got "Jimmy" embroidered in burgundy on the lapel and the back says, "Led Zeppelin The 1980's Part One." It's really lovely to see it and looks spectacular with all the great memorabilia surrounding it. It will have Bonzo's jacket alongside it very soon. :D

I would never even joke about not returning it. Every person who was kind enough to loan me an item will get it returned to them as soon as the exhibit is over. I appreciate them so much for making the exhibit possible, and would never replace or keep one single thread of anything they entrusted to my care. :)

Another of my most favourite things is a 1969 tour book. What a lovely thing! And the programmes I have - all with tickets - wow, it's amazing it really is. The collectors really stepped up here and have done an amazing job. As any collector will know, it's not easy to put these things in the mail or have me drive off with them. They're wonderful for doing this for the charity. :notworthy:

I expect the 1969 tour book is soggy by now - the way Annie was drooling all over the Jimmy close-ups!! :D:D:D:D

I expect the 1969 tour book is soggy by now - the way Annie was drooling all over the Jimmy close-ups!! :D:D:D:D

I own it, so I know what pictures are in it. Annie, the other robe sounds beautiful!!! But it was Jimmy's, so of course it is. I want so badly to be there!

It would be wonderful for someone to videotape it professionally, make a documentary out of it on dvd (and have the proceeds of the sales continue to go to ABC Trust). That way, more people could be benefited all around. :)

R B)

Edited by reids

Hey Angel, this is picking up a bit of coverage http://www.gigwise.com/news/44825/led-zepp...sive-exhibition

Fantastic Effort.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks. :) If you let me know when you are going to be there, I will certainly make an effort to meet you. I'd love to meet as many fans as I can.

A documentary....gosh I don't think that will be possible. The programme is cool though. Zacron wrote a special piece just for it, and so did Frank Melfi, my pal the Zep fan music journalist, and one of the collectors. It's a great read, and buying one benefits the ABC. :)

Thanks for posting the publicity links. they are very hard to keep track of. THis one is a really good one: http://www.planetrock.co.uk//Article.asp?id=797225

Edited by PageAngel

Thanks. :) If you let me know when you are going to be there, I will certainly make an effort to meet you. I'd love to meet as many fans as I can.

A documentary....gosh I don't think that will be possible. The programme is cool though. Zacron wrote a special piece just for it, and so did Frank Melfi, my pal the Zep fan music journalist, and one of the collectors. It's a great read, and buying one benefits the ABC. :)

Thanks for posting the publicity links. they are very hard to keep track of. THis one is a really good one: http://www.planetrock.co.uk//Article.asp?id=797225

how do i buy one of these, pageangel? thanks!

I was supposed to have the information up on the website about buying programmes online a long time ago, but so much has happened I haven't got around to it yet. Apologies. They will be for sale over the web, so if you check back in about a week or so, it should be there. If not, will someone please remind me again? Things will be less manic after the 31st.

I was supposed to have the information up on the website about buying programmes online a long time ago, but so much has happened I haven't got around to it yet. Apologies. They will be for sale over the web, so if you check back in about a week or so, it should be there. If not, will someone please remind me again? Things will be less manic after the 31st.

No need for an apology PageAngel. Lot's of hard work getting this together. Thanks

Thanks everyone. It is a monumental job, but a lot of fun too! Last night we framed an Electric Magic poster from 71. It's well worn and torn at the bottom, but it is gorgeous! It's huge and hasn't lost any of its beautiful colour. What an amazing thing to see. We have the tickets from both shows as well - I noticed they spelled Zeppelin wrong on the tickets!

Zacron has loaned his archival prints of 3 - the cover and the rotator wheel, plus the photo spread that appeared in the Daily Mail before the O2 show...was that the Mail? I'll have to check, anyway I think you all will know the one I mean. He's also loaned some very special items...so super!!!

Frank Melfi made some beautiful large photos of the band, as well as some smaller ones to sell for the ABC; and the programme is getting its final edit Monday. I am thinking of making it a limited edition of just 500. It's very special with Zacron and Frank Melfi writing new pieces for it.

It's just been wonderful how people have responded to this event, and I hope a lot more of you will enter the contest or buy something so we can raise lots of money for the ABC! It's a great way to thank the band for 40 years of fabulous music - helping children in need rather than lining someone else's pockets. It's a nice feeling to do something of lasting value for the band. :)

It sounds truly wonderful, PageAngel. I can't wait to see the exhibition (and yes, I want to buy a programme!)

See you next weekend, if you're there!

A very excited Lilith! :cheer:

I'll be there. Let me know when you'll be around and I'll come meet up with you if you like. :)

You can get all the stories about bringing all the items together from everywhere in the world and then building the stand with the massive distraction of all the Jimmy pics everywhere - stuff like how I smashed my finger with the hammer building this, dropped this part of the glass case on my foot, tripped over this section here... :lol:

Here's a good plug for the exhibit Nech just sent me!

http://www.lussoluxury.com/content.asp/rea...20Zeppelin.html

I am really hoping we get a ton of entries! Zeppelin fans have a chance to make a real difference to the ABC's work with this contest, and I hope many more of you will be willing to help. For those that have so far: :thanku:

It sounds truly wonderful, PageAngel. I can't wait to see the exhibition (and yes, I want to buy a programme!)

Though I can't be there, I've entered both contests, but I want to hear everything. Please keep us up to date on everything, Annie! Don't leave anything out. You can even PM me. I'll be thinking about you.

Edited by aen27

Oh how I wish I lived in England right about now!!! I hope people that go take a lot of pictures and post them so we can all see :)

We had a lovely Zep fan volunteer to take photos of the reception party, and a photo of the exhibit display will be in the programme as well, so if you can't be here you will get to see the display.

What I really need everyone to do is reach in your pocket for The ABC Trust and enter the contest. I'm not making a single penny from this exhibit, and the contest prizes and merchandise has been donated. It's all for the charity and I hope the fans of Zeppelin will make the band proud and raise a lot of money in their honour. My part is almost done for this event, it's over to you all now. :wave:

Hi Everyone,

Was me that volunteered to take photographs. Thanks for the kind words PageAngel :wave:

I'm not sure of the best way yet to make the photographs accessible to everybody. I could put them on photobucket and paste links, unless anybody wants to host them on a website?

Am really looking forward to Thursday! :D

We had a lovely Zep fan volunteer to take photos of the reception party, and a photo of the exhibit display will be in the programme as well, so if you can't be here you will get to see the display.

What I really need everyone to do is reach in your pocket for The ABC Trust and enter the contest. I'm not making a single penny from this exhibit, and the contest prizes and merchandise has been donated. It's all for the charity and I hope the fans of Zeppelin will make the band proud and raise a lot of money in their honour. My part is almost done for this event, it's over to you all now. :wave: