LZ Memorabilia Exhibit at Knebworth House

PageAngel

Hi everyone! I'm just back from a lovely weekend away which included a visit to the exhibition at Knebworth yesterday.

I found it very moving, to be perfectly honest - to see all those items which have been lovingly collected and cherished over the years, by people who love Led Zeppelin as much as I do - was a very emotional experience.

PageAngel - never was a screen name so apt. It was wonderful to meet you and see the amazing results of all the hard work you have put into this experience for everyone.

To anyone who hasn't been yet - please, if you possibly can - GO! (I know it's not that easy when you live on another continent, though - I'm very lucky to live just a couple of hundred miles away). It's a wonderful exhibition, and in such a good cause too.

A very happy and beatifically serene Lilith! :hippy:

OK, not sure if this will work as I've never used Photobucket before but here goes...

Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful photos of the LZ Memorabilia Exhibit at Knebworth House with us. Just looking at your fantastic photos of the memorabilia brought back so many beautiful memories of my Zep years. If I were able to attend, I would probably be overcome with emotion.

Hi everyone! I'm just back from a lovely weekend away which included a visit to the exhibition at Knebworth yesterday.

I found it very moving, to be perfectly honest - to see all those items which have been lovingly collected and cherished over the years, by people who love Led Zeppelin as much as I do - was a very emotional experience.

PageAngel - never was a screen name so apt. It was wonderful to meet you and see the amazing results of all the hard work you have put into this experience for everyone.

To anyone who hasn't been yet - please, if you possibly can - GO! (I know it's not that easy when you live on another continent, though - I'm very lucky to live just a couple of hundred miles away). It's a wonderful exhibition, and in such a good cause too.

A very happy and beatifically serene Lilith! :hippy:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure that, if I were there in person, the experience would move me to tears. I entered the two contests and, to be honest, it doesn't really matter to me whether I win the prizes or not. I am just glad to have been able to make a contribution. I look forward to being able to purchase a program of the event.

I'm back there in spirit today to celebrate the anniversary of the gig!

I think the DVD will have to come out tonight along with a bottle of red (I quit smoking some years ago).

I suppose I should have spent lastnight on the motorway embankment to keep it authentic then started wandering through fields at 4.30am. Maybe age is against me a little now though :o

Here's to the memories of 'the fires and the flags and the flames' :D

I'm back there in spirit today to celebrate the anniversary of the gig!

I think the DVD will have to come out tonight along with a bottle of red (I quit smoking some years ago).

I suppose I should have spent lastnight on the motorway embankment to keep it authentic then started wandering through fields at 4.30am. Maybe age is against me a little now though :o

Here's to the memories of 'the fires and the flags and the flames' :D

And Wally :D

From everything I've heard Annie you pulled this one off to perfection! You are an awesome person!

Wondering if....you were to get photos of all the exhibits? I could put together a really cool show for those of us that weren't able to attend. I have some the Pro Show Gold software and it's pretty sophisticated...you can get a real professional finished product out of it....plus I can send just an executable file so it doesn't have to be on a CD....maybe we can work something out!

From everything I've heard Annie you pulled this one off to perfection! You are an awesome person!

Wondering if....you were to get photos of all the exhibits? I could put together a really cool show for those of us that weren't able to attend. I have some the Pro Show Gold software and it's pretty sophisticated...you can get a real professional finished product out of it....plus I can send just an executable file so it doesn't have to be on a CD....maybe we can work something out!

If the proceeds were to go to the ABC Trust, I would buy that.

Hmmm....great idea! Annie, all I need are photos! If you take them along the way, get some with the fans also! What's you are over the stress of the entire gig you could send them to me and I'll put together something and see what ya think....

Thanks for a great idea MAD!

You two ladies are just awesome.That is a good idea.Good on you!happy0065.gif

I am sure that many fans like me would surely be happy to buy this knowing that they are also contributing to the ABC Trust at the same time.

Very interesting idea, but it is not something that I want to do with photos of the exhibit. There is a photo of the exhibit in the programme for everyone to see, and all the money from the programme purchases will go to the ABC Trust.

Just a report on the second weekend so far...

We've sold a print of LZ III by Zacron and earned £300 for the ABC! That's terrific news, and hopefully we'll sell a few more. He's giving the frame for free if you buy them through the exhibit, and he's done a money off deal if you buy both the III cover and the print of the rotator wheel. Franks Melfi's poster-sized photos of the band are selling too - they really are spectacular! The programme is going too, as the articles are really great, and Frank's photos make it really nice. It's a nice thing to have if you can't come to the exhibit.

I was told the exhibit got a mention in Classic Rock this month! I haven't seen it myself, so if anyone has it maybe you can do a quick post on it?

The closing date for the contest is August 29th, and the more entries the better for the work in Brazil! I am trying my best to publicize it as much as I can, but if any fans out there can help out by emailing a link to the contest page of the website to boards, radio stations, newpapers - anywhere Zep fans might like a chance to win the prizes signed by Jimmy, I would would be so grateful for the help.

More good news, there is huge interest in doing this again, and plans are underway. The website will be updated in the next few weeks to include the new project and I have some pretty interesting folks on board to help. We're aiming higher for the ABC funds, and I just know Zep fans will make a big difference to their work as more and more of them find out about the projects planned. :cheer:

We've sold a print of LZ III by Zacron and earned £300 for the ABC! That's terrific news, and hopefully we'll sell a few more. He's giving the frame for free if you buy them through the exhibit, and he's done a money off deal if you buy both the III cover and the print of the rotator wheel. Franks Melfi's poster-sized photos of the band are selling too - they really are spectacular! The programme is going too, as the articles are really great, and Frank's photos make it really nice. It's a nice thing to have if you can't come to the exhibit.

I was told the exhibit got a mention in Classic Rock this month! I haven't seen it myself, so if anyone has it maybe you can do a quick post on it?

The closing date for the contest is August 29th, and the more entries the better for the work in Brazil! I am trying my best to publicize it as much as I can, but if any fans out there can help out by emailing a link to the contest page of the website to boards, radio stations, newpapers - anywhere Zep fans might like a chance to win the prizes signed by Jimmy, I would would be so grateful for the help.

I love to help again, Annie and maybe I could get there next time. Please stay in touch like I said.

More good news, there is huge interest in doing this again, and plans are underway. The website will be updated in the next few weeks to include the new project and I have some pretty interesting folks on board to help. We're aiming higher for the ABC funds, and I just know Zep fans will make a big difference to their work as more and more of them find out about the projects planned. :cheer:

I would love to help again, Annie and maybe I could even get there next time. Please stay in touch like I said.

I just had to mention that we have had fans coming from as far away as Cornwall and Scotland to see the exhibit, and two fans from Sweden! Amazing....

With two weeks to go I am hoping for a lot more money to come in for the Trust, but the goodwill this has generated and the number of people that have offered to help with another exhibit means I will be able to make it bigger and better next time out. It's lovely to see, it really is. Some fans are so generous and are so excited to loan things on behalf of the charity. I had one super guy come yesterday who offered me some Marshall amps that he used to supply to Jimmy. He has some left over that weren't used and he is happy to loan them. Awesome! People have amazing things, and that they are willing to give them for the good of the work in Brazil is just so lovely.

Heading into the last week now. If any fans on the board would like to contribute, your help would be a blessing. I have programmes available, a few CD boxes left, and some lovely photos by Frank Melfi if you want to email me for details. And don't forget to sign the band member's guest books online if you wanted to. I was peeking at the House today and found someone had put in Robert's book, "Loved you with the Black Crowes and on Outrider - you're the best!" Oooops! :lol:

Just to say thanks for all your hard work and how nice it was to meet you, PageAngel.

I was the Wolves fan who came along on the 23rd (I've been at the Rhythm Festival this weekend, not too far away and I've told loads of people about the exhibition, so maybe next time ....)

Hope you had lots of support and thanks again.

Just to say thanks for all your hard work and how nice it was to meet you, PageAngel.

I was the Wolves fan who came along on the 23rd (I've been at the Rhythm Festival this weekend, not too far away and I've told loads of people about the exhibition, so maybe next time ....)

Oh hi again! It was a real pleasure chatting with you, and thanks for spreading the word about the exhibit. I hope you'll keep in touch for London as we try and pull it off again! My website is about to change over for the next go, so bookmark it (memoriesinmusic.com) and let me know if you have any ideas for the next one. All these great fans like yourself that I have been privileged to meet at Knebworth would be a wonderful addition to the ABC fund raising effort. It makes a really big difference to have genuine fans supporting events like this.

Good luck to the Wolves this season! :wave:

Oh hi again! It was a real pleasure chatting with you, and thanks for spreading the word about the exhibit. I hope you'll keep in touch for London as we try and pull it off again! My website is about to change over for the next go, so bookmark it (memoriesinmusic.com) and let me know if you have any ideas for the next one. All these great fans like yourself that I have been privileged to meet at Knebworth would be a wonderful addition to the ABC fund raising effort. It makes a really big difference to have genuine fans supporting events like this.

Good luck to the Wolves this season! :wave:

Hey Page Angel, it was lovely to meet you on Saturday. Thank you for your hard work and dedication in putting the exhibition together. It was nice to share experiences and memories of Zeppelin shows with you and Lee.

I truly hope that you get to London with it and more next year.

Who would have thought that I would go to Knebworth 29 years later meet a woman from a southern state in the USA who puts on a Zep exhibition and who had married a man born and raised just a few miles north of me here in middle England.

A small world. :D

Here's to the next time B)

Hey Page Angel, it was lovely to meet you on Saturday. Thank you for your hard work and dedication in putting the exhibition together. It was nice to share experiences and memories of Zeppelin shows with you and Lee.

I truly hope that you get to London with it and more next year.

Who would have thought that I would go to Knebworth 29 years later meet a woman from a southern state in the USA who puts on a Zep exhibition and who had married a man born and raised just a few miles north of me here in middle England.

A small world. :D

Here's to the next time B)

Likewise.

It felt really odd standing in the field trying to figure out where I would have been nearly 30 years ago, though!

Looking forward to revisiting the exhibition if it makes a slight return to London, and meeting up with some more fans, whatever gigs they attended, to swap our respective tales.

Lee

I was peeking at the House today and found someone had put in Robert's book, "Loved you with the Black Crowes and on Outrider - you're the best!" Oooops! :lol:

Hmmm...I always thought Robert's best work was the violin bow solo section during Moby Dick.

:D

I had one super guy come yesterday who offered me some Marshall amps that he used to supply to Jimmy. He has some left over that weren't used and he is happy to loan them.

Loan them?!?!? How much to buy one!!!!????

THAT would be a great thing to have on display...he maybe wanna trade for a clock?!?!

I am so happy that it has gone well for you and am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrows raffle drawing!!!

Wow, I was at the Rhythm Festival too on Saturday B)

I thought the Pretty Things were good. Didn't stay to see the Saw Doctors who were last on though. Were they good?

Archived