Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Continuing the bicycle theme, people who insist on biking at night.....going the other way against traffic.....with no reflectors/lights on the bike. Do you have a death wish?

They don't have to wish in Louisiana, we just take their ass out :D it's a sport!

la08.jpg

I understand, my sister loves that show. I think some of the best shows ever made have been medical dramas, anyway. House, ER, St. Elsewhere.....something about hospitals = ratings bonanza!

I think it's cathartic--seeing blood and guts, cutting, etc. I'm really squeamish, though, and actually watch GA despite the medical drama, entirely for the Ellen Pompeo-Patrick Dempsey chemistry, which is amazing (if only evil Shonda could be persuaded to recognize this, ugh).

Pet peeve of the day: students who can't make or miss class and then expect you to repeat lecture for them personally. Get the notes from a classmate, little ones!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by AllisonAdler

People who think CSI, Hospital Sex Dramas, and Reality Shows are all that's on TV. You obviously don't watch much TV, do you?

-The Daily Show

-The Colbert Report

^These are the two greatest shows in the world! They are on Comedy Central every Monday through Thursday nights from 11:00 pm to 12:00 am, with reruns starting at 1:00 am, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 8:00 pm.

-Lewis Black's Root of All Evil

-South Park

-Family Guy

-Heroes

-Bones

-House (okay, a hospital drama, but not so much with the sex... and actually GOOD!)

-Burn Notice

-Monk

-Psych

-Supernatural

-Eli Stone

-Eureka (it's rare for Sci-Fi to come up with something good... but when they do, man do they hit a bullseye!)

-Sanctuary (not one of Sci-Fi's best shows, but I'm a fan of Amanda Tapping's acting and, so far, the show seems pretty good in its infancy... I'm giving it a chance, at least... IMO, it does have potential... let's just hope it can live up to that potential)

-Fringe(... maybe)

-Saturday Night Live (sorry, SNL-haters, but I can't get enough of this show)

-The Bill Engval Show (okay... I also get annoyed when he regurgitates old jokes to act out on the show... but you know what? I laugh at it. And don't lie. So do you.)

-Reruns of Murder, She Wrote (don't ask me why, but I like this show...)

-Sports... of course!

And now I'm running out of shows... so maybe there isn't a lot to like on TV, but there's a lot more then CSI, Reality Shows, and Hospital Sex Dramas. However, if you add Teen Sex Dramas, you have the top 4 most-watched TV genres (unfortunately). However, there's a lot more to go with. You don't have to stick to those four genres.

Edited by Nathan

None of those shows, aside from House, Cold Case, CSI: NY and CSI: Miami even remotely interest me. I watch bits of the Daily Show online sometimes, but I can't remember the last time I physically watched the show all the way through on TV.

Sports.....eh. The teams I root for aren't on TV where I live unless it's nationally televised, and I don't give two shits about local teams.

People who think CSI, Hospital Sex Dramas, and Reality Shows are all that's on TV. You obviously don't watch much TV, do you?

-The Daily Show

-The Colbert Report

^These are the two greatest shows in the world! They are on Comedy Central every Monday through Thursday nights from 11:00 pm to 12:00 am, with reruns starting at 1:00 am, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 8:00 pm.

-Lewis Black's Root of All Evil

-South Park

-Family Guy

-Heroes

-Bones

-House (okay, a hospital drama, but not so much with the sex... and actually GOOD!)

-Burn Notice

-Monk

-Psych

-Supernatural

-Eli Stone

-Eureka (it's rare for Sci-Fi to come up with something good... but when they do, man do they hit a bullseye!)

-Sanctuary (not one of Sci-Fi's best shows, but I'm a fan of Amanda Tapping's acting and, so far, the show seems pretty good in its infancy... I'm giving it a chance, at least... IMO, it does have potential... let's just hope it can live up to that potential)

-Fringe(... maybe)

-Saturday Night Live (sorry, SNL-haters, but I can't get enough of this show)

-The Bill Engval Show (okay... I also get annoyed when he regurgitates old jokes to act out on the show... but you know what? I laugh at it. And don't lie. So do you.)

-Reruns of Murder, She Wrote (don't ask me why, but I like this show...)

-Sports... of course!

And now I'm running out of shows... so maybe there isn't a lot to like on TV, but there's a lot more then CSI, Reality Shows, and Hospital Sex Dramas. However, if you add Teen Sex Dramas, you have the top 4 most-watched TV genres (unfortunately). However, there's a lot more to go with. You don't have to stick to those four genres.

The Colbert Report is good.

Saturday Night Live has been funny lately. "Joe the Plumber" :lol:

Eureka is really good.

Other shows I watch: Its always sunny in Philadelphia and Sons of Anarchy. Occasionally I watch iCarly. :bagoverhead: I like it when the blonde haired girl beats the shit out of someone.

I've never liked hospital dramas or teen sex dramas.

None of those shows, aside from House, Cold Case, CSI: NY and CSI: Miami even remotely interest me. I watch bits of the Daily Show online sometimes, but I can't remember the last time I physically watched the show all the way through on TV.

So then you love the CSI & Hospital and Teen Sex Dramas?

Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I prefer the rest.

I suggest you give The Daily Show and The Colbert Report a try. They are two hilarious shows.

Sports.....eh. The teams I root for aren't on TV where I live unless it's nationally televised, and I don't give two shits about local teams.

I'm a guy. What do you expect? :D

(spats, this requires absolutely NO comments from you unless you're agreeing with me. If not, then don't respond.)

The Colbert Report is good.

Agreed...

Saturday Night Live has been funny lately. "Joe the Plumber" :lol:

I love Tina Fey making fun of Sarah Palin, personally. She does Palin so freakin' well. If someone decides to make a movie of Palin (ala "W"), Tina Fey should definitely play the role.

Eureka is really good.

Isn't it, though? You have to wonder what, exactly, happened with this one. The typical formula for a Sci-Fi show is hot chick superhero fighting in Gothic Fantasy World and having a lot of sex. With Eureka, it's almost like one of USA's writing teams took Sci-Fi over for this one and did a brilliant job with it.

Other shows I watch: Its always sunny in Philadelphia and Sons of Anarchy.

I've never seen Sunny in Philly (as a friend calls it) nor Sons of Anarchy. I've heard mixed reviews of both.

I've never liked hospital dramas or teen sex dramas.

Thank you! About time somebody else joined me on that one. :beer:

So then you love the CSI & Hospital and Teen Sex Dramas?

None of those shows are "teen sex dramas". So you can omit that. If you don't like the choice of programming I prefer, that's fine.....but you needn't make yourself out to be some kind of TV snob, either. Not all of us can have your obviously refined palate.

None of those shows are "teen sex dramas". So you can omit that. If you don't like the choice of programming I prefer, that's fine.....but you needn't make yourself out to be some kind of TV snob, either. Not all of us can have your obviously refined palate.

I'll omit teen.

*snorts* Refined...

Daily Show, Colbert Report, South Park, Family Guy, Root of all Evil...

If that's refined, then what is elite? Drawn Together? :blink:

:D

I didn't mean to come across the way I did. It was supposed to be a joke and ended up coming out a lot ruder then I meant it to be. I hope you can forgive me... :(

It's fine.....I could see where you're coming from, it's just that there's very few shows on TV right now interesting enough to hold my attention. I used to love Law and Order, but they had cast changes so many times, I couldn't get attached to any characters.

And I LOVED Drawn Together. That show was almost disturbingly funny. I don't know why I liked it, I normally can't stand that kind of comedy.

And I LOVED Drawn Together. That show was almost disturbingly funny. I don't know why I liked it, I normally can't stand that kind of comedy.

I'm back and forth on Drawn Together. I've seen some great episodes, but then they have episodes that are just like "you know what, that's just overboard. They coulda trimmed down or omitted the show all together."

And yet I never saw that with South Park... :blink:

I'll omit teen.

*snorts* Refined...

Daily Show, Colbert Report, South Park, Family Guy, Root of all Evil...

If that's refined, then what is elite? Drawn Together? :blink:

:D

I didn't mean to come across the way I did. It was supposed to be a joke and ended up coming out a lot ruder then I meant it to be. I hope you can forgive me... :(

You have nothing to apologize for you are right. It's not snobbish. You can keep teen sex drama in there. That's what Gossip Girl and 90210 are. That's what the OC was.

The speed of this site tonight ... it's so SLOW! Takes ages for each page to load. I don't normally have this problem - anyone else experiencing this at the moment?

I get that sometimes, are you on dial up?

Mostly i am totally disconnected and have to reconnect, every time i am on this board.

There are also some great cable series, like The Tudors, Primeval, Top Gear, Coupling (reruns, alas), Foyle's War, to name just a very few, and then all the things on PBS, like the revamped Masterpiece Theatre (the newest one, The Last Enemy, is really good), The News Hour, Washington Week, and I could go on...

Oh, my German teacher...she is so bloody stupid, I really can't stand her!!!

German used to be my fav subject, and I was the best of the whole year, but the new teacher just hates me, and I start to give that feeling back!

And my mum says that I should just swallow my anger and get a good mark; but how shall I bare not being respected by a teacher I have the feling is not much smarter than me?!?!

Yeah...and my little love affair is hanging in vacuum. We're both digging eachother, bt noone dares make the first step!

This is really getting me up!

Edited to say: Hope you get well again soon, Mary!

Edited by lucyinthesky

*people who think only guys listen to Zeppelin's music (yes there are such people...)

* people who call hip-hop/rap music in my opinion this is sh*t and not music

*huge images in the sigs or people who has several images in their sig :watchingyou:

*people who drive in red light

*chewing with mouth open

*fur.. i just hate it!!

* the fu*kin' board message that appears because of the flood

*hollywood's fashion police..it's just the most idiotic thing i've ever heard about

* i just hate people who think there is a satanic message in Stairway to heaven :rant:

Edited by Adi

"Boat People" :angry: OK! so you have a day off during the week, why do you have to get on the interstate in the morning and tie up the left lane draging a freakin boat trailer when I have a clock to punch?

Try staying in the right lane or taking the back roads sheesh! :rolleyes: