Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I've been in her shoes. I've been with my boyfriend for several years. I'm not about to say yes to someone who sees me once in a bar. And I don't suppose she would, either.

The point I was asking to Spats was, why would she say no, mean yes, if it's already been said that she's with another guy? Women don't do that. Spats is saying we play hard to get. Not if we're in a relationship, we don't. And certainly not with another guy. If she said no, she meant no.

I have been to clubs where women flirt with guys even if they have boyfriends.And then she will say "sorry, not interested. I have a boyfriend."I have seen it happen with buddies of mine.

I would agree that most times when women say no they mean no. But i was just saying that i have met and known women who were just playing hard to get. And if she does that and the dude realizes it then the next time a woman says no it will enter his head that maybe she is playing hard to get too even thought she may really mean no. That's why people should just be straight with one another and not play any games ike saying no at first or acting like she has no interest in the dude just to make him try harder. It's stupid behavior and can lead to hurt feelings.

As I stated, I have never seen, heard, or heard about a girl doing this and, I'm sorry, but I doubt any girl has ever done this. IMO, you are misinterpreting something or not getting the entire story. When a woman says "no," she means "no." It couldn't be clearer then that. There are no games, no ambiguity. "No" has never meant "yes" in it's entire history, regardless of who has used it, and it never will.

When a girl is playing hard-to-get, she doesn't use the word "no" because she actually is interested in the person trying to "get" her and she'd be outright lying if she said "no."

So, I'll say it again:

Every time you have seen/heard a girl say "no and supposedly mean "yes," or you think you've heard about it from a friend, you are either misinterpreting the situation

or not getting/comprehending the whole story.

"No" means "no." Period.

And BTW... playing hard-to-get is not a bad thing. Have you ever heard the saying "we want most what we can't have?" When a girl plays "hard-to-get" with a guy, it's (supposed) to make him want her more, because he thinks he can't have her so he does want her more. Of course, I get the feeling this isn't true for you. Sadly, what you want is not "straight-forward" but "easy." Personally, I like girls who play "hard-to-get" because I'm rather leery of girls who are "easy," as all guys should be.

And yes... guys can and do play "hard-to-get," too. I know I have, and so have many of my friends. Believe it or not (women :D), the stereotype that all men are easy is actually not true.

Oh... and some girls are just flirty by nature. But generally will you know almost immediately whether or not they're interested.

As I stated, I have never seen, heard, or heard about a girl doing this and, I'm sorry, but I doubt any girl has ever done this. IMO, you are misinterpreting something or not getting the entire story. When a woman says "no," she means "no." It couldn't be clearer then that. There are no games, no ambiguity. "No" has never meant "yes" in it's entire history, regardless of who has used it, and it never will.

When a girl is playing hard-to-get, she doesn't use the word "no" because she actually is interested in the person trying to "get" her and she'd be outright lying if she said "no."

So, I'll say it again:

Every time you have seen/heard a girl say "no and supposedly mean "yes," or you think you've heard about it from a friend, you are either misinterpreting the situation

or not getting/comprehending the whole story.

"No" means "no." Period.

And BTW... playing hard-to-get is not a bad thing. Have you ever heard the saying "we want most what we can't have?" When a girl plays "hard-to-get" with a guy, it's (supposed) to make him want her more, because he thinks he can't have her so he does want her more. Of course, I get the feeling this isn't true for you. Sadly, what you want is not "straight-forward" but "easy." Personally, I like girls who play "hard-to-get" because I'm rather leery of girls who are "easy," as all guys should be.

And yes... guys can and do play "hard-to-get," too. I know I have, and so have many of my friends. Believe it or not (women :D), the stereotype that all men are easy is actually not true.

Oh... and some girls are just flirty by nature. But generally will you know almost immediately whether or not they're interested.

You are giving too many women the benefit of the doubt. I am out on the dating scene a lot. And have seen it first hand. It does not happen with me really because i don't approach but it has happened with my buddies lots of times. The woman will say "no i am not interested", "No, i am just here with my girlfriends to have fun". And by the ned of the night they had her number or they went club hopping together and they made plans to hook up at anoth time, etc.

I don't want easy. Just straight forward and honest and assertive. That's not "easy". Playing hard to get is out and out game playing.

Pet Peeves: Our mailman. I wish he'd make his deliveries regular, like the mailman we had back in Alpharetta. We always got our mail by 11am on the dot. Here, we're bound to get it anytime between 9am and 5pm. It's annoying.

the mailman job is a dying art form.

I have another pet peeve (can you tell I'm ticked today?): The bigots I live with. This is the second time now that I had some moron tell me I shouldn't vote for a "Muslim n----r". Maybe they saw the latest polling that shows North Carolina projected blue, I don't know.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!

I have to have a colonoscopy on Friday. Ouch!!!!!!

No "ouch" at all. You'll be sedated, and afterwards you won't even remember it ( a side effect of the sedative they usually use). It's a total non-event, so cheers to you for getting it done, and afterwards please encourage everybody else to!

No "ouch" at all. You'll be sedated, and afterwards you won't even remember it ( a side effect of the sedative they usually use). It's a total non-event, so cheers to you for getting it done, and afterwards please encourage everybody else to!

Are you sure?? :blink::blink: because i know someone who had it done and they were not sedated.

thats not too -janice...

just joking with ya. thats cool.

I don't know what you mean by "That's not too- janice."

Also, my name is not Janice. If you are refering to my pictures her name is Janis.

I don't know what you mean by "That's not too- janice."

Also, my name is not Janice. If you are refering to my pictures her name is Janis.

Did you play any of her music on the anniversary of her death a couple days ago? I watched Festival Express.

Are you sure?? :blink::blink: because i know someone who had it done and they were not sedated.

Yup. If they weren't sedated, it wasn't a full colonoscopy. (Btw, you're conscious while they do it--but as you can't remember it afterwards, you might as well not have been! I can think of a lot of things in life this would come in handy for. :D )

Did you play any of her music on the anniversary of her death a couple days ago? I watched Festival Express.

I did! I didn't get to watch Festival Express, but I love that movie. Tell Mama is my favourite.

Pet Peeves: Our mailman. I wish he'd make his deliveries regular, like the mailman we had back in Alpharetta. We always got our mail by 11am on the dot. Here, we're bound to get it anytime between 9am and 5pm. It's annoying.

It's the exact same way here. I have no idea when I'll get mail. There's been times I've checked three times in a day and never had mail delivered yet.

Oh Ill be sedated alright. By myself first just to make sure. Will go in there wearing a fentanyl patch and doing perks or dilaudid if I have any. Leave nothing to chance. I told the nurse to telll the Dr to give me a good dose. I have a high tolerance. I want to be in lala land.

Been through it twice, you'll be fine and I wouldn't take anything else it might counteract the sedative :o:D

I have another pet peeve (can you tell I'm ticked today?): The bigots I live with. This is the second time now that I had some moron tell me I shouldn't vote for a "Muslim n----r". Maybe they saw the latest polling that shows North Carolina projected blue, I don't know.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!

Best I can tell is that they simply don't like Muslim n----r's.

Or the color blue.

Hmmm..

How could that dumb ass manager of the Angels call a sucide squeeze with the season on the line in the fucking 8th inning with the go ahead run on 2nd with one out? dumb ass cost the Angels the season and me money.

He must've consulted that angel from Highway to Heaven. Problem is, he's dead.

Not one to seek advice from.

Too bad. :(

The locked AND pinned thread at the top, can it not be retired now? :blink::mellow:

Cherry tomatoes. Lil f'rs, all squirty and whatnot.

Doggy doo on the lawn..... :angry:

Oh, the 20 dollar increase in Comcast's bill, no notice, no options; screw them, I'm thinking about going local.

The economy.

Archived