Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Doesn't the fact that it is getting press make it more probable that it is true? I think we will know before the weekend is over. Just a hunch. If it is true, this will be one busy site! Then we can start to find out the where? When? How much? I think the fist thing I would feel is great excitement that it is going to happen. And then the fear of not being able to get tickets. Or the fear of having to travel very long distance to see them and of course we know it will be VERY expensive. The nose bleeds will probably be $300.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Oh yeah. Im aware of that. Did anyone think there could ever really be bi partisanship in this country? And when they do make this "bail out" happen, we won't know if it is a success or failure for a long time. I try not to get stressed out over such matters, I'd rather get stressed out over getting Zeppelin tickets.

I guess thats what its gonna be then, time. thats alot of sweat and blood.

I'd be happy to see a few shows of a current led zep, but would be much more interested in a new recording.

Stayed out of town on business all week, lovely room, BUT... the housekeeper kept spraying the whole thing with Febreze or some such every day even though I didn't want them to, and it was AWFUL to walk in to.

Then, the window would only open up two inches, you know, clearly to prevent me from flinging myself out of it to get away from the smell.

She also kept replacing my towels every day even though I hung them up to indicate she didn't need to replace my towels every day.

Sometimes workers who don't understand English really are a pain in the ass.

And while I'm at it, what the fuck is up with having six half-sized pillows on the bed? I like to hug a REAL pillow when I sleep alone like that... A Lilliputian pillow just doesn't do it.

Stayed out of town on business all week, lovely room, BUT... the housekeeper kept spraying the whole thing with Febreze or some such every day even though I didn't want them to, and it was AWFUL to walk in to.

Then, the window would only open up two inches, you know, clearly to prevent me from flinging myself out of it to get away from the smell.

She also kept replacing my towels every day even though I hung them up to indicate she didn't need to replace my towels every day.

Sometimes workers who don't understand English really are a pain in the ass.

And while I'm at it, what the fuck is up with having six half-sized pillows on the bed? I like to hug a REAL pillow when I sleep alone like that... A Lilliputian pillow just doesn't do it.

I like a fresh towel every time i shower/bathe..............Does'nt everyone?

Bees. The kids found a large nest of yellow jackets in our front yard (underground); and there are more in the bushes next to our front door. Hubby is working on it with spray and whatever. Thankfully nobody has been stung (knock on wood) :unsure:

I hate it when I am turning right on a green light and the people who are facing the opposite direction from me (who have a solid green light) and they are turning left into my lane when I have the freakin' right-of-way!

Gah.

I had to literally come to a complete stop to avoid being hit.

Jackasses.

People who are nostalgic for a time in history they weren't even alive to see

Especially the ones that never take off the rose-colored glasses.

What about people who are nostalgic for the ideals of a time they weren't alive to see? For example... what's wrong with being "nostalgic" for peace, love, and true freedom?

What about people who are nostalgic for music they weren't alive to see? I missed The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Janis Joplin, Pink Floyd, ELP, etc, etc, etc.

People who know me have told me I should have been alive in the 60's and 70's. I always take that as a compliment. Nothing wrong with hoping for the things that era stood for.

Obviously it wasn't all roses, which is why I don't want the actual era back. But having its positive ideals and music back wouldn't be such a bad thing.

What about people who are nostalgic for the ideals of a time they weren't alive to see? For example... what's wrong with being "nostalgic" for peace, love, and true freedom?

Obviously it wasn't all roses, which is why I don't want the actual era back. But having its positive ideals and music back wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Therein lies the difference.There's nothing wrong with being "nostalgic" for peace,love,and true freedom,to me,those ideas transcend time.The issue I have is when certain people seem to not believe,let alone acknowledge that it wasn't all wine-or pot and LSD- and roses.

It's one thing to try to take away the good,and leave the bad behind,it's another issue entirely to completely ignore the bad.

It's one thing to celebrate it,it's another to overly mythologize it.

There's a Yin to every Yang.

In other words,Woodstock was in 1969............but so was Altamont.

Yet whenever I try to point that out in order to provide balance,I'm called a pessimist,and accused of being overly negative.I'm not a pessimist,I'm a realist.

Therein lies the difference.There's nothing wrong with being "nostalgic" for peace,love,and true freedom,to me,those ideas transcend time.The issue I have is when certain people seem to not believe,let alone acknowledge that it wasn't all wine-or pot and LSD- and roses.

It's one thing to try to take away the good,and leave the bad behind,it's another issue entirely to completely ignore the bad.

It's one thing to celebrate it,it's another to overly mythologize it.

There's a Yin to every Yang.

In other words,Woodstock was in 1969............but so was Altamont.

Yet whenever I try to point that out in order to provide balance,I'm called a pessimist,and accused of being overly negative.I'm not a pessimist,I'm a realist.

I get what you're saying. Being born in '85 I am nostalgic, or rather, wishful, for the '60s/70's. But I'm not so completely blind that I can't see that both decades had some pretty shit times that are better left unsaid. I can't speak for America, but the '70's were pretty dire in Britain - I'm only nostalgic for music culture as such, and not much else (aside from deceased relatives).

No decade is complete without ideals - or pitfalls.

And the way I see it, in many years to come some young kid will feel the exact same way about the '80's/'90's/'00's. And the time that we're living in is certainly less than perfect.

My wife and I just left the hospital from hell. 24 hrs in there. Nothing but incompetant idiots. One good Dr and many idiots. Code Red. No beds. 24 hrs and no bed. Terribble experiance. At least I got to watch the Bills win in the emergency room.

Who got hurt ?

My wife and I just left the hospital from hell. 24 hrs in there. Nothing but incompetant idiots. One good Dr and many idiots. Code Red. No beds. 24 hrs and no bed. Terribble experiance. At least I got to watch the Bills win in the emergency room.

This makes me question whether I should enter the medical profession or not. I don't want to subject people to that out of my own control.

Then again, I always have forensic science to fall back on

My wife has a two year history of stomach problems. Sunday she got sick and got dizzy and her legs gave out. the Dr said to go to emergency to get her vitals checked. To the poster below, forensics is a very good field to go into. If I were younger and had it to do over again, Id strongly consider it.

I hope everything'll turn out ok and your wife gets better, YC

Cheers,

P

Thanks for the thoughts. She is home but the problem isnt solved. Cant wait to see the bill.

I'm sorry to hear that as well. I sincerely hope that she recovers and the problem get's solved.

MR President, his incompetent administration, and everyone who voted for them not once but twice. and the blind people who will vote for the next installment of the same tragedy again this election.

oh and maybe the fact that my country is pathetically in debt, making us very vulnerable and weak.

good job Repubs.

I got two peeves tonight:

As most of you know, the USA's Economy is... well... dead. Wall Street has just taken the biggest loss in its history (eat it, 1929!).

How does Congress respond?

Well, for starters, Republicans shoot down the $700 Billion bail-out because... Nancy Pelosi decided to be "partisan" and give a speech making Bush look... well... bad instead of being bi-partisan and "giving reach-arounds across the isle!" :D:mad:

:mad::rolleyes:

Because... you know... the Republicans have been sooooo Democrat-friendly over the years. You know how the Republicans have sooooo been willing to reach across the isle time and time again to fix issue and pass laws and not filibuster/vote against legislation that could potentially save the economy.

But, of course, it ain't just the Repubs. The Dems wonderful Politically Correct doctrine has enabled them to call Congress off for THE JEWISH HOLIDAYS!

Wall Street is open, and there are more Jews on Wall Street. New Daily Shows are airing, and there are more Jews on the Daily Show staff.

There are four people in my house-hold. All four of us are Jewish. THERE ARE MORE JEWS IN MY FUCKING HOUSEHOLD THEN IN CONGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, folks! For all of you who can't get a job because our economy's in the toilet, and for all of you praying for Congress to fix us, they aren't doing their job because they HAD TO TAKE OFF FOR ROSH HASHANA!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOTHING CONGRESS FOR SURE!

Thanks to the painfully never-ending reign of the Dems and Repubs (especially the damn Repubs!), the USA has just been served to Satan on a silver fucking platter. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go prepare for GREAT DEPRESSION NUMBER TWO!

Look folks. I'm mad at Robert Plant, okay? I'm sorry if it bothers you. I'm sorry if I've hurt your precious feelings for calling Plant an asshole.

BUT I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm mad at him and I'm gonna say it and if that makes me childish and immature and dickish, and even a hypocrite, then good!

And if you can't take it, this is my final word to you:

*sticks up middle finger*

Sit on it and rotate. When you get to the elbow, the ride's over.

I am who I am. I will never apologize for being who I am and if I pissed you off, well that's your problem. Take me for who I am or get the fuck out of my way.

I'm mad at Plant, okay? Get the fuck over it.

Thanks Ally. She is home. The hospital was like a combination of MASH and Grey's Anatomy in a location in Bangla Desh. I can't believe I survived several surgeries in that place. Just before leaving I ran into a nurse that gave me a hard time when I was in for back surgery, was like Bette Davis in the movie "What ever happened to Baby Jane?". I think she is running one of the floor's now. Im not sure if she remembered me? What a place!

Nurse Ratchett :D

As most of you know, the USA's Economy is... well... dead. Wall Street has just taken the biggest loss in its history (eat it, 1929!).

How does Congress respond?

Well, for starters, Republicans shoot down the $700 Billion bail-out because... Nancy Pelosi decided to be "partisan" and give a speech making Bush look... well... bad instead of being bi-partisan and "giving reach-arounds across the isle!" :D:mad:

Because... you know... the Republicans have been sooooo Democrat-friendly over the years. You know how the Republicans have sooooo been willing to reach across the isle time and time again to fix issue and pass laws and not filibuster/vote against legislation that could potentially save the economy.

But, of course, it ain't just the Repubs. The Dems wonderful Politically Correct doctrine has enabled them to call Congress off for THE JEWISH HOLIDAYS!

Wall Street is open, and there are more Jews on Wall Street. New Daily Shows are airing, and there are more Jews on the Daily Show staff.

There are four people in my house-hold. All four of us are Jewish. THERE ARE MORE JEWS IN MY FUCKING HOUSEHOLD THEN IN CONGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, folks! For all of you who can't get a job because our economy's in the toilet, and for all of you praying for Congress to fix us, they aren't doing their job because they HAD TO TAKE OFF FOR ROSH HASHANA!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOTHING CONGRESS FOR SURE!

Thanks to the painfully never-ending reign of the Dems and Repubs (especially the damn Repubs!), the USA has just been served to Satan on a silver fucking platter. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go prepare for GREAT DEPRESSION NUMBER TWO!

If it was Christmas would they be in session? I doubt it. Otherwise though, i feel your pain with this tragedy we are facing (thanks Bush)!!!

Look folks. I'm mad at Robert Plant, okay? I'm sorry if it bothers you. I'm sorry if I've hurt your precious feelings for calling Plant an asshole.

BUT I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm mad at him and I'm gonna say it and if that makes me childish and immature and dickish, and even a hypocrite, then good!

And if you can't take it, this is my final word to you:

*sticks up middle finger*

Sit on it and rotate. When you get to the elbow, the ride's over.

I am who I am. I will never apologize for being who I am and if I pissed you off, well that's your problem. Take me for who I am or get the fuck out of my way.

I'm mad at Plant, okay? Get the fuck over it.

:lol:

Post of the day.

Archived