Pet Peeves

Hotplant

People who threaten you by pm and then they block you so you can't respond. :blink:

I had a pretty good response. :lol:

You know, the jerk thing to do would be to take the PM, and your reply to it, and make it a post in the random thread....LOL!

People who threaten you by pm and then they block you so you can't respond. :blink:

I had a pretty good response. :lol:

Yeah,that's a dick move

(No offense to anyone named Dick-who the fuck would name their child "Dick",anyway?)

Who threatened you? And why would they do it anyway?

..and how?What are they gonna do? "I'm gonna reach through this monitor and kick your ass,man"

More like "I'm gonna type a bunch of bullshit I think is witty,and try to get under your skin.......and I'm going to hit the keys really hard while I'm doing it!!"

You know, the jerk thing to do would be to take the PM, and your reply to it, and make it a post in the random thread....LOL!

Agreed

Yeah, I want to know who threatened you and what they said. That way we can all share in the laughs!

Completely agreed.

I say do it.

:angry: The slowness of the board the last few days, and no, it's not on my end, my other sites are running smooth.

* Forgive me if it's due to "board maintenance." *

So,it's not just my computer.....

If some of these threads were merged or purged,it wouldn't be a problem.......just sayin'.... :whistling:

Fitba

:blink:

?

Pet Peeve of Today-

I'm sick and tired of people honking at me to go as soon as the light turns green. This happened to me twice today:

I was sitting at a red light, watching it, waiting for it turn green. The second it turns green, the fool behind honks long and loud. The first time I went because it was a busy road and there were a lot of cars behind us. The second time, however, was on a small side road and we were the only two cars at the light, so I just sat there until the light turned red again, just to piss the person behind me off.

Look... if the light just turned green, no need to honk, asshole.

:blink:

?

Pet Peeve of Today-

I'm sick and tired of people honking at me to go as soon as the light turns green. This happened to me twice today:

I was sitting at a red light, watching it, waiting for it turn green. The second it turns green, the fool behind honks long and loud. The first time I went because it was a busy road and there were a lot of cars behind us. The second time, however, was on a small side road and we were the only two cars at the light, so I just sat there until the light turned red again, just to piss the person behind me off.

Look... if the light just turned green, no need to honk, asshole.

Fitba - Scottish slang for football.

And I really hate drivers right now. My boyfriend and I were on our way home late last week and we went into a lane ahead of another car. This obvious pisses the driver off and he not only goes so close behind that his headlights looks like he had his beams on, but he then tries to cut us up on a friggin' roundabout, before almost stopping, and then speeding off in the opposite direction. If my boyfriend had driven a tad bit faster the twat would've crashed into the side of us. Luckily I said to my boyfriend to slow down. I knew exactly what the driver was gonna do.

This has happened before, and it's so fuckin' scary when they intimidate you. It's like they get that angry when you're not driving fast enough to accommodate them. I dread to think what makes them really angry.

And what was worse, the guy had a kid in the back seat. Not old enough to drive, but old enough to understand that daddy was mad and trying to intimidate a couple in a car at 12.30 at night. He was actually staring me out. That child will think it's perfectly healthy to react that way everytime someone pisses him off in the car.

We were shaken up to say the least.

I somehow managed to injure my ankle whilst sitting at my desk during work today. It really really hurts. :( Stupid ankle!

Elevate the ankle; that will reverse the blood flow from your foot and reduce swelling.

Do ankle circles. Draw a circle in the air with your big toe; that will strengthen your ankle.

Try not to walk on it too much for a while.

Put a cold or ice pack on the area that hurts to limit bruising and swelling.

You may have stepped on it wrong or twisted it. The outside ligaments of the ankle are thin and short, so they injure easily.

Make sure that when you place weight on the foot it is centered on the ball of the foot between the big toe and middle toe with all five toes evenly placed on the floor.

Hold on to something steady for balance for a while so you can easily take the weight off the foot if it starts to hurt.

I hope it heals well and you feel better. Give it a few weeks to get back to normal.

Taking tests and having to wait days for the results is nerve wracking.

My cable company just fucking loves bending their customers over and raping them in the ass with their stupid bullshit ways of charging for things. I have digital, I want HD. I am subscribed to the movie package, but they won't transfer my movie package to HD, I have to pay for that separately which is even more added on to the monthly bill. I hate watching standard definition on an HD tv, but I'm irritated at their crappy shit set-up enough to deal with it.

Make sure you file a comp form. Just in case. I know many who tried to not want to get in trouble or get the company mad at them. It just isnt worth it if it turns out to be serious. It probably isnt, but hopefully they are understanding.

Nah. It's not their fault I'm clumsy. It'd be one thing if it was a result of unsafe working conditions, but I was just sitting at my desk, and turned my foot wrong.

I was watching Shia lebuff on his recnt talk show rounds to pormote his new film Eagle Eye. And he talks about how paranoid he is about technology today and how 1 out of every 5 calls we make is monitered and listened too. And that the public should be really concerned about this and that he is really concerned about this. And how if our cell phone is off it can be turned on used as a microphione blah, blah, blah. And he goes on and on about this and talks about how concerned he is about this.

What a load of crap. The only time this dude has been voicing his concern about this nonsense is when he is promoting his movie which sort of deals with this. He was on the talk show round a couple months ago and didn't say two words about any of this. Why? because he wasn't promoting a movie about it and doesn't really care about it.

Some celebs are so full of crap. And this dude is at the top of the list. Just watch, when he is all done promoting this film, his concer about all of this nonsense won't be mentioned again and he will talk about transformers 2 instead.

Im sure its nothing serious this time. But if it ever were, and whether they were negligent or not, if it happened on the job you are entitled by law to workers comp benefits. Some employers try and intimidate their employees and make them feel guilty. That is BS. Dont let it happen to you if you are ever seriously hurt, including carpo tunnel, which could require surgery. I have seen employees regret it later not making a claim. Just trying to give you good advice. Im not an ambulance chaser by any means, but at the same time not a sucker to corrupt employers either. If you get hurt and you think its serious, just file a report. Nothing may come of it. But if it turns out that you need surgery and you dont do it, you will be in deep debt with medical expenses and will probably lose your job also. I am not just telling this to you Bonnie, but to anyone that falls into that situation. Hope you are better.

Good advice, because if you get hurt where I work they will treat you like the plague and employers are known to find ways to excise injured employees anyway.

Better to be excised and get a check. <_<

I was watching Shia lebuff on his recnt talk show rounds to pormote his new film Eagle Eye. And he talks about how paranoid he is about technology today and how 1 out of every 5 calls we make is monitered and listened too. And that the public should be really concerned about this and that he is really concerned about this. And how if our cell phone is off it can be turned on used as a microphione blah, blah, blah. And he goes on and on about this and talks about how concerned he is about this.

What a load of crap. The only time this dude has been voicing his concern about this nonsense is when he is promoting his movie which sort of deals with this. He was on the talk show round a couple months ago and didn't say two words about any of this. Why? because he wasn't promoting a movie about it and doesn't really care about it.

Some celebs are so full of crap. And this dude is at the top of the list. Just watch, when he is all done promoting this film, his concer about all of this nonsense won't be mentioned again and he will talk about transformers 2 instead.

I guess in some respects I am glad i am not famous... celebrity obviously leads to insanity (and a God-complex).

Its amazing how unintelligent some of these people show themselves to be without rattling off lines someone gave them.

Dance monkey dance!!!

Archived