The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Sanderson was Hockey's first rock star . I love that era of Bruins hockey. Nice head of hair.....

Are you really a hockey fan Babs? The hockey lines are up for tomorrow and I cant believe how stupid Vegas is. The Rangers are underdogs vs Boston? Ha. Carolina is a dog against Florida. I jumped on that one. Pittsburgh and Philly on national tv. Most likely a shootout. 7-6 type game? Unless Fluery is on. It will be very interesting to see how things go without a pre season. No real games until they drop the puck for real. I do not remember this in any sport? Well, in football maybe the year when they crossed the picket lines?

Sanderson was Hockey's first rock star . I love that era of Bruins hockey. Nice head of hair.....

He was and a hell of a player too ! That was one great hockey team they had back then

I loved watching him climb into the stands to fight the paying customers

He was a character alright :lol: ! Too bad he signed that contract with the Philly Blazers of the old WHA. That franchise ended up moving to Vancouver but he never played a game here :(

Well that didnt last long. I was on the Flyers board for less than ten minutes before they looked up my IP and whacked me. But I got my two cents in regarding the season at least.

Lol!!

'course I'm a hockey fan 77. I just don't participate in the sports threads much. I am a jaded sports fan though.I just don't have the time to watch as much and with a 4 year old boy to entertain...... I had a Dave Keon poster in my room when I was a five year old and watched Hockey Night In Canada religiously every Saturday night. I played road hockey and pond hockey in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan as a boy also.

Lol!!

'course I'm a hockey fan 77. I just don't participate in the sports threads much. I am a jaded sports fan though.I just don't have the time to watch as much and with a 4 year old boy to entertain...... I had a Dave Keon poster in my room when I was a five year old and watched Hockey Night In Canada religiously every Saturday night. I played road hockey and pond hockey in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan as a boy also.

Man, Center Ice only $59!!! Or four payments of $14. Direct TV. All you Flyer trolls take note. Was just in your house. Im gonna come back. Count on it!!!!!!!!

In the midst of reading the Derek Sanderson's new book "Crossing the Line"....great read!

if there are any old time Bruin's fans out there, you should check this book out....peace

Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to look for this book.

Less than 24 hours to go til the season starts.

In the midst of reading the Derek Sanderson's new book "Crossing the Line"....great read!

if there are any old time Bruin's fans out there, you should check this book out....peace

Is this the NHL version of "Instant Replay" by Jerry Kramer? Another great read.

Is this the NHL version of "Instant Replay" by Jerry Kramer? Another great read.

not sure....I just finished the Sanderson book and it is him with an author named Kevin Shea recounting his life from Junior Hockey to the NHL and his Stanley Cups with Bruins etc, but also gives a very raw glimpse of the sex/drugs and mostly alcohol that almost killed him. He then continues to tell the story of how AA and a spiritual God along with the love of friends and family helped him regain a life.

Lol!!

HNIC was a staple for all of us Canadian kids ! Hey, anybody else here remember watching the Leafs win their last Stanley Cup ? Outside of you and I Babs, probably not many. Keon, Horton,Pulford, Stanley, Armstrong , Sawchuck in goal and Imlach behind the bench ! Beat the vaunted Habs in 6 and won it at home too.

A few notes for today (what a great day it is!) :

Colton Orr - back up with the Leafs

Tom Poti - back with the Caps

Alex Kovalev - signs with the Panthers

Wade Redden - picked up by the Blues (wast of time IMHO)

and per NHL.com :

Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban and Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn, each a restricted free agent, remain unsigned with play to begin this weekend. Former Canadiens forward Scott Gomez also remained on the market as of Friday night.

Why the Stars are holding off on inking Benn is a mystery down here, the new owners have the money. They need to get this kid on the ice.

HNIC was a staple for all of us Canadian kids ! Hey, anybody else here remember watching the Leafs win their last Stanley Cup ? Outside of you and I Babs, probably not many. Keon, Horton,Pulford, Stanley, Armstrong , Sawchuck in goal and Imlach behind the bench ! Beat the vaunted Habs in 6 and won it at home too.

I can remember watching bits and pieces, as I was 10. My first live game was the following year, in 68 last game of the year, the old Quebec Aces over my Rochester Americans 8-7.

I read the Stars will release some more tickets for tonight, at 10am this morning. Im waiting by the computer and the phone to try to get a pair. Im really proud of the hockey fan base down here, the AAC will be packed tonight!

....I was 3yrs old in 67, so unfortunatley I don't really have any memories, although it was not long afterwards that HNIC became a staple......Jim Dorey is my all time favorite player and thats how far back I go with the Buds.....Hopefully I will live long enough to possibly see them win a cup again, but I could be outta luck lol....

I jumped right into the fire. Here are the teams I played today

St Louis

Minnesota (bb)

Rangers

Carolina

Nashville

Flat bets on Minny and St louis minus 1 1/2 to get a real nice price. Open net may be needed.

I think the Rangers are a good bet today. They are pumped and Boston has to have reservations about their goaltending. Still, it could take some teams longer to gel than others. We shall see.

Pittsburgh and Philly on national TV. Expect a shootout I would think.

Less than 24 hours later, my boys open their season vs the hated Flyers at home. Hoping Ryan Miller has a great season. And the Sabres also.

LETS GO BUFF A LO!!!! :slapshot:

As a hockey fan, I am looking forward to seeing the Kings raise their banner and am really happy for the fans, especially the long-time fans who have stood by them all these years. I wonder if Marcel Dionne will be watching?

Archived