The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Time to go get a big paper bag to put over my head after losing to the lowly Atlanta Thrashers in OT. Shit! Lindy should get them up early and work their ass's off. Miller couldnt stop a beach ball tonight. I just dont get it. they constantly beat the good teams and then let bad teams pull off upsets on them. I do believe they were robbed though as Vanek scored a goal that was clearly under the goalie and the big boss's in Toronto didnt give it to him because they couldnt see the puck . On to Boston tomorrow night.

They took a night off Yukon. They'll be ready for the Bruins

Ah, it is you. so you like the Hurricanes and the Browns? Why not the Panthers in football? Are you a fan of the Indians in baseball?

I like the Panthers as my NFC team.I was a Browns fan long before Carolina had a team.

I used to live in Cleveland and I am an Indians fan too.Also lived in Massachusetts and was a Bruins/Whalers, Red Sox, Patriots fan in the early seventies as a kid.

When we moved to Cleveland I got to see lots of Indians/Browns games and I became a big fan.

It is something that happens to teams that win the Cup the year before. Ive seen it time and time again. They get fat and happy because they won the year before. Its very hard for a coach to keep a team motivated. It is showing already. Look at many of the games they have played. Like the opener against Toronto. It happens.

I can understand a player that thinks like that too. The cup is the ulimate goal in Hockey. Every player dreams of winning it. And when you do it's the greatest feeling. But after you do that what else is there??? Everything else is going to pale in comparison. You have already been to the top of the moutian and know what it looks like. Been there, done that. Now what?

They lost the drive? I don't think so.

Hossa for sure hasn't :P

Not saying that this is what has happened to the Red Wings but they might actually be too talented. Adding Hossa may have taken away some of the fear of losing.

It is something that happens to teams that win the Cup the year before. Ive seen it time and time again. They get fat and happy because they won the year before. Its very hard for a coach to keep a team motivated. It is showing already. Look at many of the games they have played. Like the opener against Toronto. It happens.

They're 9-2 and you're going to use one game against them? Come on.

They;re playing great, just had two bad games so far. They'll bounce back. Hossa is a tank, and he hasn't won it all yet so he'll be fighting even harder.

I predict a repeat B)

Well I guess the Russians won this one. They are hopeless without Ovetchkin, but with him are a differant team. Your Canes are probably the only team with a remote chance of beating them out of the division title. I dont think it will happen personally. But I think Barry Melrose will soon wish he were broadcasting.

Semin almost singlehandedly kicked our ass with 2 goals and 3 assists :rolleyes: Ovechkin had 1 goal and 2 assists.It's probably a good thing Fedorov was out. :)

Our offense isn't up to speed yet and needs to get rolling already.Our defense made some bad mistakes and you can't do that against those boys. :slapface:

....GO LEAFS GO.....GO LEAFS GO.... :cheer:

...LORD STANLEY SHALL BE THINE IN O9... :nhl:

They are doing much better than expected Juliet. Goaltending needs to be more consistant but I must say that they've suprised. Brian Burke, if he takes the job, will be great for Toronto

They are playing surprizingly well. I thought they would because Wilson is a good coach. But the Cup thing is a bit of a stretch. I am surprized Montreal got beat so bad at Boston. The Sabres will have a say in all of it. Colombus in town tonight. Cant take them lightly or we will get beat. I dont know what it is but the Sabres play better on the road. I think alot of teams do. Perhaps they dont get a fancy on the road and are more focused. No distractions off ice and such.

I think Boston is a whole lot better than we thought. They had a great road trip in the west recently and looked really solid. I'm starting to believe they could be a real contender in the east

They are playing surprizingly well. I thought they would because Wilson is a good coach. But the Cup thing is a bit of a stretch. I am surprized Montreal got beat so bad at Boston. The Sabres will have a say in all of it. Colombus in town tonight. Cant take them lightly or we will get beat. I dont know what it is but the Sabres play better on the road. I think alot of teams do. Perhaps they dont get a fancy on the road and are more focused. No distractions off ice and such.

The cup is not coming to Toronto anytime soon. This early in the season means nothing. When teams figure the leafs out it will be back to normal.

There will not be any postive moves to bring a cup to Toronto until the fans stop going to the games. Then changes will be made. But Toronto fans blindly support them so as long as they are making lots of money nothing will change. The fans need to wake up.

Edited by spats

The cup is not coming to Toronto anytime soon. This early in the season means nothing. When teams figure the leafs out it will be back to normal.

There will not be any postive moves to bring a cup to Toronto until the fans stop going to the games. Then changes will be made. But Toronto fans blindly support them so as long as they are making lots of money nothing will change. The fans need to wake up.

You're one of the most negative fucks that this board has ever seen.You should stay in "your" thread.I mean 3 months and 66 pages of utter shit.Stay there and don't come out til you have... 1:grown up 2: have something positive or decent to say.3: Be respectful towards women...

Otherwise stay in your comfort zone.Dingleberry!!!

Brian Burke. If he takes the job you'll have the cup within 3 yrs.

Well I guess the Russians won this one. They are hopeless without Ovetchkin, but with him are a differant team. Your Canes are probably the only team with a remote chance of beating them out of the division title. I dont think it will happen personally. But I think Barry Melrose will soon wish he were broadcasting.

Hopefully he'll get his wish since he seems to be unemployed at the moment...

He did. A friend wondered when Steinbrenner had bought the team... :)

:D Good one. I'm not suprised that he only lasted this long. TB will be ok, there's gotta be another broadcaster out there ;)

You're one of the most negative fucks that this board has ever seen.You should stay in "your" thread.I mean 3 months and 66 pages of utter shit.Stay there and don't come out til you have... 1:grown up 2: have something positive or decent to say.3: Be respectful towards women...

Otherwise stay in your comfort zone.Dingleberry!!!

Dude, i have lived in Toronto my whole life. The Maple Leaf Organization has been a joke in the NHL for decades. I am not being negative just for the hell of it.

1. I am grown up for the most part. If caring about looks is "immature" then that i would be the only thing that can be called "immature" about me.

2. I say positive things when they are warranted.

3. If i get respect then i give. One has to earn respect. You don't just hand over respect because of one's gender.

Edited by spats