Number Counting Limit

kidmoon

so 10 would be 1YY, 100 would be 1YYYY, 1000 would be 1YYYYYY, 10,000 would be 1YYYYYYYY, 100,000 would be 1YYYYYYYYYY, 1,000,000 would be 1YYYYYYYYYYYY

yeah that's an improvement :rolleyes:

Ok, you've forced me to do this:

hu * mor |ˈ(h)yoōmər|

noun

1 the ability to perceive or express humor or to appreciate a joke : their inimitable brand of humor | she has a great sense of humor

Ok, you've forced me to do this:

hu * mor |ˈ(h)yoōmər|

noun

1 the ability to perceive or express humor or to appreciate a joke : their inimitable brand of humor | she has a great sense of humor

right back at you..you don't think I was counting those stupid Y's because I was serious do you?

I saw zero discrimination in your post.

Personally, I believe we need the zero, if for no other reason than to mess with our minds.

Impersonally, I think we need them to fill those odd nooks and crannies of arithmetic. We can't have $1.09 mistaken for $1.9. OTOH, that might be how some of the folks in charge balance the budget... what's the difference between $1.09 billion and $1.9 billion? why, zero. There is zero difference.

B)

:lol:

Zero can too be divided by zero. It equals... zero.

We could not have Zen if we didn't have zero, seems to me.

But I wonder: Do we still need the zero? It's a fact that the zero cannot be divided by itself; moreover, any positive integer cannot be divided by zero. Certainly, positive integers--and one might even argue negative integers--have more stake in our counting system than does the zero. There was a reason the zero did not immediately 'pop in' to humanity's mathematical lexicon; should we revisit those reasons?

Zero isn't so much a number as a concept. The idea of having 1 apple is straightforward, but the idea of having 0 apples is also important.

Well my friend, let me ask you this if you think theres no need for a zero, would you like me to give you 10 dollars or 100000000000000000000000 dollars i mean there just zeros right! :D

I'd prefer if you'd wire 1,YYYYYY,YYYYYY,YYYYYY to my charity for those adversely affected by the concept ZERO: virgins, my high school football team (we never won a game!), Nickelback (for having no talent), etc...

www.blameZERO.com

I'd prefer if you'd wire 1,YYYYYY,YYYYYY,YYYYYY to my charity for those adversely affected by the concept ZERO: virgins, my high school football team (we never won a game!), Nickelback (for having no talent), etc...

www.blameZERO.com

i would love to my friend but unfortunately i have no 0's or y's to give by the way i looked at your profile your a buff mother fucker are you like the only big guy on your team i find it hard to believe you guys haven't won one game i went to a school where are football team sucked and even we managed to win a few games!! :o

i would love to my friend but unfortunately i have no 0's or y's to give by the way i looked at your profile your a buff mother fucker are you like the only big guy on your team i find it hard to believe you guys haven't won one game i went to a school where are football team sucked and even we managed to win a few games!! :o

Well, I'm a little bigger now than I was in high school (graduated in 1998)... I chalk up our losses to terrible coaching -- the kind of coaching that calls for a run up the middle when a pass is necessary... We had talent, didn't have wins.

• 7 years later...

Archived