Depression

Evster2012

No, :D We'll do it. You talk to your people, and I'll talk to mine and we'll see who get's back here first :D ... Deal ?

ok, but i just tried to get an aussie one going, and only 3 turned up. and one of them kept their distance the whole night..........

Exercising is what helped me the most. Listen to music that makes you happy...That will get you motivated. ...

... let me say, go out and keep walking walking walking or do something really physical

You'll feel better and better ...

(and start listening strong music, I mean really hard or noisy or difficult to listen, there's a different world out there ... !

Stagnation is the enemy. Keep moving!

MOVE IT MOVE IT

ok, but i just tried to get an aussie one going, and only 3 turned up. and one of them kept their distance the whole night..........

We'll do way better than that. This won't be easy but, as long as everyone on the site is serious. It can happen. Just think, our own private session with the guy's and all of our friends are there. Fuck, this could be a Mastercard commercial :D

We'll do way better than that. This won't be easy but, as long as everyone on the site is serious. It can happen. Just think, our own private session with the guy's and all of our friends are there. Fuck, this could be a Mastercard commercial :D

im feeling faint.................

I'm in!

Capital idea STZ!

We'll have to think of a good venue.

I haven't received your PM though.

"Build it and they will come". Field of Dreams maybe but it's a thought

My band hasn't played publicly for over a year. We have a huge gig coming up on June 21st, and being so out of practice has really been stressing me out. The handful of jams we've had at our drummer's place have been pretty shaky. I've frankly been freaked out with nerves and fear of failure. But last night we had a full on, 4-hour studio rehearsal with our singer in prep for the show. Up until now, it was play 3 songs, go jump in the pool, have a beer, whatever. All very laid back. But last night it was a serious rehearsal. And we fucking rocked! We were all stunned at how tight we were, and how we just played the shit out of the songs. It was like a huge weight was lifted from our shoulders. Particulalry mine, as I've really not touched a guitar much for the last year. Now we know we can do this gig and blow people away. It's that kind of getting back into what feeds your soul that can be a huge step towards beating the blues. That joy of doing what you love and the confidence that comes with knowing you still have the gifts god gave you.

what kind of music do you play? any zep?

A bit. Here's our setlist. :lol:

Set One

Immigrant Song

Heartbreaker

What is and What Should Never Be

Over the Hills and Far Away

Custard Pie

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

Set Two

The Song Remains the Same

Rain Song

All My Love

I'm Gonna Crawl

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

The Rover

Bring it on Home

The Ocean

Set One

Immigrant Song

Heartbreaker

Custard Pie

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

Set Two

Rain Song

All My Love

I'm Gonna Crawl

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

The Rover

Bring it on Home

The Ocean

I'm sure you guys will be fantastic! Sending good vibes! :)

Set One

Immigrant Song

Heartbreaker

Custard Pie

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

Set Two

Rain Song

All My Love

I'm Gonna Crawl

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

The Rover

Bring it on Home

The Ocean

What, no WLL! ;)

Do you blokes have a name?

Set One

Immigrant Song

Heartbreaker

Custard Pie

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

Set Two

Rain Song

All My Love

I'm Gonna Crawl

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

The Rover

Bring it on Home

The Ocean

:hysterical:

hey ally! i think we just found a band for our meeting................. :D

:hysterical:

hey ally! i think we just found a band for our meeting................. :D

:D Sounds like a kick ass set list. We may end up with a few forum acts. BABS !!!!!

What, no WLL! ;)

Do you blokes have a name?

Actually, we do have a medley that goes from The Lemon Song into Dazed and Confused back into the Lemon song, but we're doing two shows (the other one with a different singer doing Ozzy and Sabbath) at the same event, so we dropped it from the set. You can see an old version of it with me singing (sorry) called Lemon Jam on YouTube under Evster2012.

And yes, as we have a female singer (takes all the worries of high notes out of the equasion) we call the band Valhalla. Not that that's necessarily female, but it just seemed to fit. :lol:

Oh, and if you check out any of the other Valhalla vids I've got up there, please take into consideration that that was our first gig, several years ago, and after only four rehearsals. :lol:

Actually, we do have a medley that goes from The Lemon Song into Dazed and Confused back into the Lemon song, but we're doing two shows (the other one with a different singer doing Ozzy and Sabbath) at the same event, so we dropped it from the set. You can see an old version of it with me singing (sorry) called Lemon Jam on YouTube under Evster2012.

And yes, as we have a female singer (takes all the worries of high notes out of the equasion) we call the band Valhalla. Not that that's necessarily female, but it just seemed to fit. :lol:

Oh, and if you check out any of the other Valhalla vids I've got up there, please take into consideration that that was our first gig, several years ago, and after only four rehearsals. :lol:

So your singer is a Valkyrie then!? B)

So your singer is a Valkyrie then!? B)

That would be the idea! :lol:

Oh, and as a disclaimer, if anyone does take the time to view that "Lemon Jam" vid from 1995, it was like the 34th song in a 40 song setlist, so forgive my squeaking! We used to do Highway Star, and a bunch of Rush. 40 songs over 4 1/2 hours, with a couple of 20 minute breaks. You'd think we'd make better than $300 to split for the night! But that was the time, and few cared about that music at that time.

Needless to say I don't have those pipes anymore, lol! But yeah, by then I was usually pretty spent! Man I wish I could still hit those high notes though! Amazing what a decade can do! :rolleyes:

And "how weak the mortal frame"! ;)

That would be the idea! :lol:

Oh, and as a disclaimer, if anyone does take the time to view that "Lemon Jam" vid from 1995, it was like the 34th song in a 40 song setlist, so forgive my squeaking! We used to do Highway Star, and a bunch of Rush. 40 songs over 4 1/2 hours, with a couple of 20 minute breaks. You'd think we'd make better than $300 to split for the night! But that was the time, and few cared about that music at that time.

Needless to say I don't have those pipes anymore, lol! But yeah, by then I was usually pretty spent! Man I wish I could still hit those high notes though! Amazing what a decade can do! :rolleyes:

And "how weak the mortal frame"! ;)

Wear tighter jeans! :o

Wear tighter jeans! :o

There's a certain leg to waist ratio that Levi's have so far failed to take into consideration!

I have relatively thin legs, but I also have a beer belly. When you try and fit that, the naughty bits get lost in translation somewhere in between! :hysterical: