Best Record?

eagle87

How long is a piece of musical string? !

I am listening to presence as I type which is quite good.

I like all their tracks more or less (God that sounds sychophantic doesn't it:O) but their dirtier sounding Blues based work is their best IMHO.

Tracks like In my time of dying, Since I've been loving you etc are classics and will stand forever.

I suppose that a quick draw answer would be Heart breaker for that filthy basework B)

I'd have to say my favorite album is LZIII. My all time fav songs are probably SIBLY, Bron Y Aur Stomp, and the PG album i would have to say In the light and black country woman. on account of least fav album i would have to say none. THEY ALL FRIGGEN ROCK!!!! but if i really would have to choose it'd probably b the nameless album. personally i think its over played and thats all people know of LZ. esp stairway to heaven. granted thats a kick ass song i just think that its too... "commercialized" i mean when i ask people what song they think of when i say LZ 98% would say STH. :mellow:

Pound for pound, I'd say Physical Graffiti. When Rolling Stone picked their best albums of the 70's, I believe the quote was "LZ IV might be more cohesive, but Physical Graffiti makes a bigger noise for a longer period of time". Well said.

If I had to take one to a desert island, it'd be PG.

Pound for pound, I'd say Physical Graffiti. When Rolling Stone picked their best albums of the 70's, I believe the quote was "LZ IV might be more cohesive, but Physical Graffiti makes a bigger noise for a longer period of time". Well said.

PG has been my Zep album of choice for the past few days...it's weird as I've always listed III and IV as my favourites, they were always the stalwarts. But PG has suddenly leapt up and totally bowled me over!. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved it but listening to it on rotation has somehow taken it to even greater heights of brilliance. Now it's a 3 way tie. Roberts' vocals on PG are the dogs b******s!

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Physical Graffiti by a landslide.

PG has been my Zep album of choice for the past few days...it's weird as I've always listed III and IV as my favourites, they were always the stalwarts. But PG has suddenly leapt up and totally bowled me over!. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved it but listening to it on rotation has somehow taken it to even greater heights of brilliance. Now it's a 3 way tie. Roberts' vocals on PG are the dogs b******s!

i like the way you express... sometimes i think i have a fav, but usually it's what ever i'm listening to,which is my driving force.

Well... I think that, there are songs that captures the essence of Zeppelin through the years...

Like:

Power: Kashmir, When The Levee Breaks

Light: In The Light

Hope: Stairway To Heaven

Darkness: No Quarter

Happy Times: Dancing Days, The Ocean

Journey: The Song Remains The Same

Love: The Rain Song, I'm Gonna Crawl

Sex: Whole Lotta Love, Trampled Underfoot

Melancholiness: Tea For One

Infidelity: SILBY, D&C, Your Time is Gonna Come

Cultural Roots/Folk: BoE, Gallows Pole, Bron-Yr-Aur

Good & Evil: Houses of the Holy

Conquest: Immigrant Song

Fame and Fans: Sick Again

Life & Death: In My Time of Dying

and so on... just to mention a few... and is difficult to pick one as the best record.

I just have the 10-CD Boxset with all their official live releases on my IPOD, and a lot of boots... And I listen them all over and over again... I just don't get tired.

Whichever one is playing my friends! There's one for every mood. After 30 years, I can't pick my favorite. No favorite album. No favorite song. No least favorite song. Maybe on one day I want Achilles' Last Stand and For Your Life and Tea For One. On another I may want to goof to The Crunge or D'yer Maker or Darlene. On yet another In the Light, Bron Y Aur, Down By the Seaside and Ten Years Gone. Or maybe the grey, cloudy London day tone of the first album. Or the pure, dripping, sweaty sexual grind of the second album. Call me crazy, but I'll take 'em all equally, cause there's always that moment when it's the right one. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, as far as individual tracks go its:

'Dazed and confused'

'Since I've been lovin you'

and the song that changed my life and turned me onto Led Zep, Eric Clapton and Cream, The Who, Pink Floyd, The Stones, Blues and Motown, yes Motown.

'Whole lotta love'.

It was also used as the awful cover tune to 'Top of the pops' in the U.K.

Album wise I would go with Led Zep IV, but all are great albums even if only in part on some.

Gone, Gone, Gone by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss is a good song too IMO AND according to my 75 year old mom.

If you asked the public they would doubtless say Stairway. But I personally, think that those who listen to other Led Zep after hearing Stairway often amend their opinions as they hear more of the magic.

Cheers

Nige

:D

Archived