Weird Animals

FuzzyMerkin

_dumbo_octopus.jpg

Ahahaha... wonderful thread! I love this creature, I never knew such a neat, strange-looking being existed.

Here is a video of a tarsier, perhaps not as obscure as some of these critters, but delightful anyhow.

That octapus guy would be a great candidate for a stuffed toy :lol:

Yes, he would! You want to patent the idea? Hurry now! I want one... :lol:

Clinton.jpg

Well, that's just a bad picture of Hillary. Any politician could be presented here as a "weird animal", Dubya is a prime example of that.

I probably won't be voting for Hillary, I'm scoping things out and I'm definitely team Obama. But this anti-Hillary crap drives me nuts... I find it *often* (operative word here) to be nothing more than thinly-veiled sexism, and it stinks like lutefisk. My dad is one of the worst offenders- always sending me anti-Hillary diatribes about how she looks, how "emotional" she is, and other largely superficial right-wing jabs. Ugh.

Oh yeah... Fish joke unintended.

I probably won't be voting for Hillary, I'm scoping things out and I'm definitely team Obama. But this anti-Hillary crap drives me nuts... I find it *often* (operative word here) to be nothing more than thinly-veiled sexism, and it is stinks like lutefisk.

Exactly. Most politicians are ugly f*ckers ...*strange* how looks only seem to be an issue when it comes to female candidates though. I mean - just look at these "beauties":

mccain_capt_Forbes.jpg

Receeding harilines, double-chins (yep Mccain, we know why you're stretching your chin out), tear sacs, droopy eylids, wrinkles and sagging skin galore...:wub:

demonkitty3vc4.jpg

Those "naked" cats are such an abomination.

Or rather - their breeders are. :angry:

The blobfish looks depressed. Maybe he needs some Prozac.

I'd be depressed if I looked like that...

It's a shame pigs get kinda ugly when they grow up. Piglets are so cute! ^_^

Those are some of the ugliest things I've seen in my life.

platypusfi3.jpg

Platypus, I know its cuter than it is ugly, but it is weird. "The bizarre appearance of this egg-laying, venomous, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal baffled European naturalists when they first encountered it, with some considering it an elaborate fraud. It is one of the few venomous mammals; the male Platypus has a spur on the hind foot that delivers a poison capable of causing severe pain to humans". It is Australian and lives in burrows, and is an egg-laying mammal... what the heck?!

It depends on the species.....I used to know once :)

The "Snakehead" fish...ugh!

snakehead_468x278.jpg

Arrrghhh....that...thing...is gonna give me nightmares! :'(

But these are innocent animals we are talking about.

Innocent? You seen that smug grin on that pig's face? :rolleyes:

Arrrghhh....that...thing...is gonna give me nightmares! :'(

Innocent? You seen that smug grin on that pig's face? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Seriously. That snakehead fish doesn't look so innocent to me, either...

_dumbo_octopus.jpg

The dumbo octopus, also known as the "Grimpoteuthis", is a benthic mollusc found on the ocean floor at depths of 300-400 meters. Dumbo octopuses, which can grow to up to 20 centimeters, are soft-bodied or semi- gelatinous octopuses with a pair of fins located on their mantle and webbing between their arms. Grimpoteuthis swim by moving their fins, pulsing their webbed arms, pushing water through their funnel for jet propulsion, or all three at once. They can swim up off the bottom and hover a bit just above the seafloor looking for snails, worms, and other food.

How interesting is this little sea creature... cool.

Archived