Led Zeppelin in the USA

Duthie

Hi all,

I'm heading over to the US on monday and covering a fair few states whilst i am there. I was just wondering if there are many places that have to do with Led Zeppelin?

If you could share anything i'd appreciate it and hopefully go there and have a look

Thanks.

the states suck.

answer to ur question, dunno. cuz i don't care about the U.S. (until bush is gone)

Glad to have your opinion but that didn't answer the question.

Depends where you will be in the US...

New Orleans has some landmarks - the Royal Orleans Hotel.

NYC has MSC, The Drake Hotel (where the robbery occurred).

LA was one of Zep's favourite cities, with the Hyatt House, Sunset Strip etc etc.

The Edgewater Hotel in Seattle.....

There's probably nothing too mind-blowing though, just buildings etc. The more interesting places, such as houses they've owned, recording locations, Bonzos' grave etc are all in the UK

Hi all,

I'm heading over to the US on monday and covering a fair few states whilst i am there. I was just wondering if there are many places that have to do with Led Zeppelin?

If you could share anything i'd appreciate it and hopefully go there and have a look

Thanks.

Which states are you visiting?

Well, if you wanna experience where they probably froze their asses off....

Minneapolis/St. Paul is best known in Zeppelin lore for their chartered flight on April 12 1977 from Chicago O'Hare International Airport to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport through torrential rain and winds. The show that night was delayed 71 minutes.

Minneapolis/St. Paul is best known in Zeppelin lore for their chartered flight on April 12 1977 from Chicago O'Hare International Airport to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport through torrential rain and winds. The show that night was delayed 71 minutes.

See, we get it all...and all of it at the same time, sometimes!

I was probably listening to Abba at the time. Damn.

See, we get it all...and all of it at the same time, sometimes!

I was probably listening to Abba at the time. Damn.

I just thought of something that's going to make you and all the Led Zeppelin fans in Minneapolis feel really special. Guess where Jimmy's first American concert was held?

Minneapolis, MN at Dayton's Auditorum on Fri, August 5th 1966.

(The Yardbirds billed with The Escapades)

care to elaborate? That's a rather broad statement.

Maybe he's a Hadji. Just waiting for us to pull the plug on iraq, so he can start ramming planes into buildings agian.

I would have to say that Royal Orleans and The building in NY is the only thing to come to mind.

When the sight seeing gets boring, you can always resort to partying like -led zeppelin did. :D

or atleast try. Scenic road trips through the desert, or the mountains with zeppelin on the car stereo would always work too.

:lol: That's where I'm from. I wonder what I was doing that night. :unsure:

I just thought of something that's going to make you and all the Led Zeppelin fans in Minneapolis feel really special. Guess where Jimmy's first American concert was held?

Minneapolis, MN at Dayton's Auditorum on Fri, August 5th 1966.

(The Yardbirds billed with The Escapades)

Oh hey I actually knew this. :thumbsup: (I'm from there, which I just posted in my previous post)

The Dayton's building is still there, but it's a Macy's now.

• 2 weeks later...
Easiest answer to that is stay in Canada :hysterical:

zepbaby

I'm with you.

I hate El Presidente Jorge Boosh's greasy guts, so I understand foreigners' fury at the war-mongering, monkey-faced sack o' shit. Because of this sympathetic understanding, I don't want to paint all inhabitants of the People's Republic of Canuckistan with the broad brush this guy uses on us - but those who're self-righteous pinko bastards like him can suck my star-spangled ass.

Glad to have your opinion but that didn't answer the question.

Depends where you will be in the US...

New Orleans has some landmarks - the Royal Orleans Hotel.

NYC has MSC, The Drake Hotel (where the robbery occurred).

LA was one of Zep's favourite cities, with the Hyatt House, Sunset Strip etc etc.

The Edgewater Hotel in Seattle.....

There's probably nothing too mind-blowing though, just buildings etc. The more interesting places, such as houses they've owned, recording locations, Bonzos' grave etc are all in the UK

At the Edgewater Inn, you may want to dine in the restaurant and enjoy the house specialty, which is a mouth-watering and scrumptous herb crusted grilled shark sandwich with a lemon and dill aioli.

Yes I was at that concert. They played two nights in a row. One at the Metropolitan Sports Center, in Bloomington, and the next at the St. Paul Civic Center. I went both nights.

I've also been to the Royal Orleans Hotel in New Orleans. The one that the song of that title is about. I have a post card from there with a picture of the place on it.

LPE003C.jpg

I'd have to go with the Rainbow Bar and Grill on Sunset in L.A. I believe the boys used to spend some time there when they were in, and some legendary stuff allegedly happened there....

I was last there in the early '90's, but from what I've heard it hasn't changed much since the mid '70's. Very intimate, and on any given night you might still rub shoulders with some of the biggest names in rock.

the states suck.

answer to ur question, dunno. cuz i don't care about the U.S. (until bush is gone)

what crawled up your arse? USA is a great place to live and just because we have a terrible President doesn't make our country "Suck"

Look at GW bush's approval ratings and that should tell you all you need to know

Archived