ok this is a little embarrassing but...

sammygee

Back in the days when I was young and single, I kept hearing that girls used to hang out in gay bars so that they wouldnt be hit on by guys. As a desperate youth looking for love, that made me think that gay bars were the untapped Shangri-La where I would find my goddess (at least for one night anyway).

Except for one thing ..... :rolleyes: ... I forgot about all the gay guys there .... :blink:

These Aussie Truth Hunter guys obviously thought the same thing:

YouTube: Gay Bar Pick-up

Anyone else have any brilliant ideas in their youth?

Back in the days when I was young and single, I kept hearing that girls used to hang out in gay bars so that they wouldnt be hit on by guys. As a desperate youth looking for love, that made me think that gay bars were the untapped Shangri-La where I would find my goddess (at least for one night anyway).

Except for one thing ..... :rolleyes: ... I forgot about all the gay guys there .... :blink:

These Aussie Truth Hunter guys obviously thought the same thing:

YouTube: Gay Bar Pick-up

Anyone else have any brilliant ideas in their youth?

I think you just won this contest.

Nope! Back in the 70's and 80's here in New Orleans the ladies just came right up to you if they were interested. If you couldn't at least strike up a conversation let alone get laid ,there were only 2 reasons.

1. You weren't there

2. You were unconciuos

Ahhh, that was obvious :)

Fortunately, not :) I even haven't been to a gay bar, ever, and haven't passed out in any bar at all so far.

Well I thoroughly recommend it... the latter, that is! :D

Actually you would get laid while unconscious. Just not sure if that would be in a way you find pleasant after waking up.

I remember one time this girl was talking to this guy in a boothe one night and it was obvious he was passed out. Turns out he actually had OD'd she was talking to a corpse :o

That pisses me off...

Gay bars are a place and a safe haven for gay people to meet each other. There aren't, or there weren't, a lot of places for gay guys to meet, other than through gay bars, theatre or fag hags. That was it. So you know, you go to chat to a guy in a gay bar and he turns round to you and says "Oh no way, I'm straight" well fuck off then. Don't invade our space. You have a million straight bars to be hanging out at, we don't have as many options.

That pisses me off...

Gay bars are a place and a safe haven for gay people to meet each other. There aren't, or there weren't, a lot of places for gay guys to meet, other than through gay bars, theatre or fag hags. That was it. So you know, you go to chat to a guy in a gay bar and he turns round to you and says "Oh no way, I'm straight" well fuck off then. Don't invade our space. You have a million straight bars to be hanging out at, we don't have as many options.

Wait a minute!

If there were a "straight" bar, a place a person could go and not feel threatened with gays, would that be alright? You know, a safe place heterosexuals could go and not be abhored with homosexual behavior?

From what you say, this would appear to be a viable scenario.

In that case, straights could just say "Fuck off" to the fags as well. At least the management wouldn't have to have men's, women's and gay's bathrooms. Might mean cheaper drinks also.

^ Put the handbags away ladies. Or is this just 'another' thread going down the pan?

Nope! Back in the 70's and 80's here in New Orleans the ladies just came right up to you if they were interested. If you couldn't at least strike up a conversation let alone get laid ,there were only 2 reasons.

1. You weren't there

2. You were unconciuos

I can believe that in N.O.!! :)

My niece claims that she only feels comfortable in gay bars, because most of the guys at other bars and dance clubs, particularly, are grabby and won't accept "no" for an answer. I thought the young guys nowadays are more mature and sensitive?

1. You weren't there

2. You were unconciuos

Spats makes note to himself..."must build time-machine"

Wait a minute!

If there were a "straight" bar, a place a person could go and not feel threatened with gays, would that be alright? You know, a safe place heterosexuals could go and not be abhored with homosexual behavior?

In that case, straights could just say "Fuck off" to the fags as well. At least the management wouldn't have to have men's, women's and gay's bathrooms. Might mean cheaper drinks also.

Ah, I see you're a homophobe.... How does it feel to be a dying breed?

I only mirrored your view in the eyes of a heterosexual. My post was no different from your's other than coming from the other side. I'm no more a homophobe than you are a straight-o-phobe. Try putting each of our posts side by side.

Yes, let's do that, let's put our posts side-by-side...

That pisses me off...

Wait a minute!

Did I mentioned that I was "threatened" by straight people? No, I didn't. You did: "a place a person could go and not feel threatened with gays"

Did I say I abhored straight behaviour? No... but you said: "a safe place heterosexuals could go and not be abhored with homosexual behavior"

And then you finish off your "post" with some sort of bizarre insulting joke: "At least the management wouldn't have to have men's, women's and gay's bathrooms. Might mean cheaper drinks also"

You know we've taken a lot of shit over the years from people like you. And yet when we try to create places that we can go to get away from your shit, you're always claiming "your right" to come in and let the insults fly.

My point is, if you're a straight guy who's going to frequent gay bars because you want to hit up the straight girls there (bearing in mind that they come to gay bars to get away from being hit on) at least have the decency and courtesy to pretend you're gay. If you're sitting there and a gay guy starts chatting you up and you say "no way man, I'm fucking straight" well I'm sorry but your ass is gonna get booted out of there, and frankly you deserve it if you're going to be that rude and ignorant to be sitting in a gay bar then get all indignant if you get chatted up.

Archived