What Kind Of Guitar Do You Have?

Young Angus

New here - not sure how to introduce myself

This is my main guitar..for most stuff, but I have many others. (I can put a list and/or pics if you want)

GEDC0253.jpg

tis an '89 Gibson Les Paul Standard.

Also, I didn't notice a topic about amps, but what are you all using?

I'm an Orange amp fanatic (below is an Orange/Matamp OR100, basically the 100 watt version of what Page used) However, my do-it-all main amp is a Diezel VH4.

2545833248_477f799d9a_o.jpg

PRS Hollowbody II

'71 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe (with Standardized Humbuckers)

'95 Gibson Les Paul Standard

Ibanez Jem 7vwh (Steve Vai sig)

Ibanez Universe 777BK 7 string

Danelectro Double neck 12/6

Epiphone Doubleneck Jimmy Page Custom Model

Danelectro DC59

Martin D18V acoustic

Guild D25M acoustic

Giannini 12 string electric/acoustic

Martin Backpacker 6 string acoustic

Ibanez Bass Guitar

Other stuff:

Mandolin

Violin

Cello

Korg Triton Keyboard

Harmonicas

Kazoos

Les Paul Custom shiny finish triangle :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Gibson SG and Epiphone Les Paul. (Black)

mikezeppelin

I know this is an old thread but I am looking to purchase either an SG because (love the richer/darker sound like Angus gets and the thinner body) or a Les Paul which has a thicker body that is not as comfortable to me but has a thinner neck for my girly fingers.

I know you don't know me; but, as an experienced player which one feels more comfortable playing/practicing for longer periods and does the Les Paul seem to play better zeppelin tunes or are they about the same?

What I'd really like is a 62 SG with the thinner 60's neck and classic pickups but I don't think anything like that is available in a reissue???

If you have any advice I would appreciate it!!! :)

My uncle gave me:

Kirk Hammit sig. ESP

Ibanez RG series

Raven

I bought:

Jay Jr. acoustic guitar(my first)

Squire Stratocaster

Cort

Epiphone Hummingbird(my main acoustic)

Epiphone Les Paul Standard(my main guitar).

I have 4 guitars.

An acoustic westfield

An acoustic fenix (I think fenix guitars are 80's copy's. If anybody could fill me in on anything about them it would be good)

A chinese fender strat copy

And (probably my favourite) a maya les paul goldtop. I think maya's are 70's copy's...but same with the fenix, if anybody knows anything it would be good to know.

Imagine this but with Maya written on the headstock and it battered about a bit:

goldtop.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Standard, 2007 model, (flame top) Heritage Cherry Burst, WCR BetSet pu's and WCR wiring. Great sounding piece of art B)

Fender Stratocaster, ST72-58US, Crafted In Japan 2005/ 2006, YellowWhite, 70s features (large headstock and so on...), US vintage pu's, RBTC tone circuit installed for "fatter" and "creamier" tone at lower volume. Japanmade Fenders are great :)

I just started so this is my first guitar, I know its not the cream of the crop but it gets the job done I would like to bet a BC Rich for my second guitar because they look bad a** and they are pretty affordable

GRG170DXBK-25886389aed48a188eae1ec35ae615da.jpg

Its an Ibanez GRG170DX Like I said its not the best but it gets the job done

i have a martin acoustic (just like jimmy pages), a fender stratocaster, a gibson sg, a gibson custom les paul, and (my favorite) a gibson cherry sunburst les paul (just like jimmy page's)

• 1 month later...
I just started so this is my first guitar, I know its not the cream of the crop but it gets the job done I would like to bet a BC Rich for my second guitar because they look bad a** and they are pretty affordable

My first is a strat. I still have it but I wish I had a Les Paul.:(

• 2 weeks later...

Ibanez is very good - and that's a fine lookin' guitar.

I have a Stratocaster, Lake Placid blue just like Jimmy's - except his is probably a vintage expensive one and mine is yer standard made-in-Japan number :)

• 2 weeks later...

I usually play an Epiphone ES 335 but recently bought an old vintage Epi Crestwood from early 70's. I'm really happy with it, but yet have to try it out with my Twin Reverb which I have in the rehearsal studio. Hopefully I'll be able to do that on thursday. Can't wait!

l_f56b34d4f93640f1a49ddf7f47daa278.jpg

I am a huge Epiphone fan all the way! :D I have:

An Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus in vintage Cherry Sunburt in standard tuning.

A Blackburst Epiphone Ace Frehley Les Paul Custom (with 3 DiMarzio Pickups) tuned to E flat.

An Epiphone G-1275 doubleneck (both necks in standard tuning) and.....

An Epiphone PR5 Acoustic electric guitar.

As for effect pedals I have........

A Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah wah pedal (which blends so nicely with overdrive and distortion)

A Digitech Brian May Red Special pedal (which to me is the coolest overdrive/distortion pedal ever! It captures a lot of classic British Distortion and Overdrive sounds like Queen or Led Zeppelin.)

A Boss SuperOctave (OC-3) pedal I have it set with the Brian May "Bohemian Rhapsody" setting to almost get the "Fool In The Rain" guitar solo sound. Set the VH phaser on and I can almost get the speedy Nobody's Fault But Mine fanfare sound.)

A Danelectro Sitar Swami (sounds more like a vintage 60s fuzzbox with some pitch bending),

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff (Instant Metallica sound with A TON of HIGH GAIN!)

A Van Halen MXR Flanger (instant And The Cradle Will Rock!)

a Van Halen MXR Phase 90 (Instant Ain't Talkin Bout Love!)

an MXR Chorus (I have dialed in the classic Rush chorus sound of the late 70s!)

a Danelectro "Back Talk" Reverse Delay (gives me some flickery watery back echo sounds that go anywhere from Hendrix to Stephen Stills to the Beatles)

a Danelectro "Reel Echo" Echo/Delay Pedal (sounds incredibly awesome and I can get the Pagey slapback violin bow sound like Dazed and Confused.)

And all of this goes into my Vox Valvetronix AD50VT Amp set on the Vox AC 30 setting! :D

And I think that about sums it all up!

Archived