What Do You Guys Believe Exists?

Sketchy K

And you just said the idea of bigfoot is crazy, therefore you must think I am crazy.

Hypocrite. Typical.:rolleyes:

Hey dopey bollocks I responded to other people in this thread who were mocking the subjects discussed here. Yio didn't seem to have a problem with that, but as soon as your precious 'religion' is mocked you don't like it.

Ya tart.

They have searched those woods thoroughly. Every species we know exists, we have found not only live ones but dead ones. Im sure there is plenty of deep sea life undiscovered-more small animals than large. But in my opinion there is no way Bigfoot or the Yeti exist now. Maybe they didi yrs ago. Like Megladon.

Of all people I am NOT a regligious hypocrite.

Good for you. But er, I wasn't posting to you. LMAO!

I am told all the time that I'm in the wrong because of my taste in music. You are the one in the wrong, because, you see in America, I have the right to practice whatever religion I want to without beinging make fun of.

Good for you. I'm in England and we regularly take the piss out of religion here. That's becuase we have the freedom to take the piss out of whatever we want. We even have sitcoms taking the piss out of religion.

It's part of the nature of my country. Deal with it.

You are infringing on MY rights.

And I have the right to take the piss out of it if I so wish. I am not in America.

I said I believed in Big Foot and God. What do you think about that?

If you can believe in God then you should be able to believe in almost anything so it would make sense to believe in bigfoot seeing as the idea is more plausible than the idea of God. Nothing supernatural about sasquatch. It would just be an animal.

And you just said the idea of bigfoot is crazy, therefore you must think I am crazy.

Hypocrite. Typical.:rolleyes:

Hey dopey bollocks I responded to other people in this thread who were mocking the subjects discussed here. Yio didn't seem to have a problem with that, but as soon as your precious 'religion' is mocked you don't like it.

Ya tart.

For the record. I dont think you are crazy. I just think you are a jackass for insulting peoples religious beliefs. Big differance mocking religion and Bigfoot-Bigmouth.

Good for you. But er, I wasn't posting to you. LMAO!

You are just being a pain. Obviously you are just looking to cause problems. I'm done with it. I'm tired of wasting my breathe on people around here like you.

Well this jerk is telling us we are idiots for believing in God. dont you find that offensive? If he is looking for a fight, he has picked the right guy,

I also believe in God, but there is something about your beliefs I think is a tad ridiculous.

The fact that you don't put as much stock in the Old Testament but take the New Testament more seriously.

Did you know all the miracles in the Old Testament can be explained naturally and scientifically? But in the New Testament, the miracles truly are supernatural. In the Old Testament, all the miracles God performs, especially the ten plagues, are limited by nature. What He does in the Old Testament are things that can happen in nature. Look at the ten plagues. Read any of these links:

http://www.google.com/search?q=The+Ten+Pla...lient=firefox-a

And you'll see that they all can explain the ten plagues naturally.

Even the parting of the Red Sea, which is actually mistranslated and is in fact supposed to be the Sea of Reeds:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&cli...amp;btnG=Search

But then you get into the New Testament, and suddenly God is working outside of Nature?

Now, granted, I'm Jewish, so I may be a bit biased. But based on Miracles alone, I would say the Old Testament is a bit more viable than the New Testament.

They have searched those woods thoroughly.

Are you serious? Of course they haven't.

Are you aware that in the last 50 years over 60 planes have disappeared from northern California to southern Alaska and have NEVER been found? And they are large static objects. A lot of the PNW and BC has only ever been mapped from the air.

In the dense mountain forests humans rarely venture far off the beaten path and trails/tracks etc etc. Even hunters don't go too far from the roadheads. In British Columbia, much of the province is only accessible via plane or boat and that's a fact.

If those woods have been searched thoroughly, why are those 60 planes still missing? How about all the people who go in there, get lost and never come out again?

Every species we know exists, we have found not only live ones but dead ones.

Actually there was even a large mammal discovered in Vietnam not long ago. New species are still being discovered.

But in my opinion there is no way Bigfoot or the Yeti exist now. Maybe they didi yrs ago. Like Megladon.

Maybe they are just being seen while they are on their way out.

You are just being a pain. Obviously you are just looking to cause problems. I'm done with it. I'm tired of wasting my breathe on people around here like you.

Well piss off then.

You're the idiot who started posting to me when I didn't even post to you previously.

Edited by Mangani

Well this jerk

pot-kettle-black.jpg

You know, someone secure in their beliefs can take someone criticizing them without lashing out like a child. I'm Catholic....if someone wants to say I'm nuttier than a Payday bar for that, they can go right on ahead. I could honestly care less.

For the record. I dont think you are crazy. I just think you are a jackass for insulting peoples religious beliefs.

Ohhhhhhhhh touchy subject isn't it?

Big differance mocking religion and Bigfoot-Bigmouth.

Says you. Not so, say I. Religion is NOT above mocking and SHOULD NOT be above mocking. It's as much fair game as anything else and I have the freedom to mock what I wish, thank ya very much.

Edited by Mangani

I also believe in God, but there is something about your beliefs I think is a tad ridiculous.

The fact that you don't put as much stock in the Old Testament but take the New Testament more seriously.

Did you know all the miracles in the Old Testament can be explained naturally and scientifically? But in the New Testament, the miracles truly are supernatural. In the Old Testament, all the miracles God performs, especially the ten plagues, are limited by nature. What He does in the Old Testament are things that can happen in nature. Look at the ten plagues. Read any of these links:

http://www.google.com/search?q=The+Ten+Pla...lient=firefox-a

And you'll see that they all can explain the ten plagues naturally.

Even the parting of the Red Sea, which is actually mistranslated and is in fact supposed to be the Sea of Reeds:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&cli...amp;btnG=Search

But then you get into the New Testament, and suddenly God is working outside of Nature?

Now, granted, I'm Jewish, so I may be a bit biased. But based on Miracles alone, I would say the Old Testament is a bit more viable than the New Testament.

I just love how no one has answer for this. :D

I just love how no one has answer for this. :D

You being a Jew like my ex wife and me being Catholic is a useless argument. this is not the place for it. this is about unusual things. But this other moron thought he could just call all of us believers idiots more or less. Im not going to take that kind of abuse sitting down. Why dont you pick a fight with the atheist prick who says us believers are fools?? Later

You being a Jew like my ex wife and me being Catholic is a useless argument. this is not the place for it. this is about unusual things. But this other moron thought he could just call all of us believers idiots more or less. Im not going to take that kind of abuse sitting down. Why dont you pick a fight with the atheist prick who says us believers are fools?? Later

For starters, my Mom's side of the family is Catholic. My Dad's side is Jewish. My brother was converted to Judaism as a baby. My mom converted next and I converted at 13 because I wanted a Bar Mitzvah. Now my Dad is studying to be a Cantor.

If done right, the debate is not pointless, but quite insightful.

And I was not picking a fight. So white flag... truce... whatever... I sincerely just want some thoughts on that.

Believe me, I don't appreciate the person calling those of us who believe in God idiots, but I'm not about to pick a fight for it, either. We all believe differently when it comes to God and religion, and people just have to deal with that. For example... even though I am a Jew, and a proud Jew, I believe in the Big Bang and Evolution, and I believe God plays absolutely no part in what happens on this planet and never did, hence Free Will. But I believe in God because even with Natural Selection, we are too complication to be a coincidence. We were mapped by something... hence, God. But that's what I believe. I don't pretend it's the truth.

It's quite possible that we're all (all relgions, all athiests... everyone, from the past, the present, and the future) wrong, and when we do die we're gonna find out the real truth and be like... WTF :blink: ?

It's also quite possible that the early Greeks and Romans were right and we're all destined to go to Hades. It's also possible that the Christains are right and Jesus was the Messiah and he really is the only way to Heaven. It's also quite possible that Muslims are right. It's also quite possible that Athiests are right.

No one knows for sure. Not even me. I believe it, but I don't claim it as fact. It is my truth, not everybody's truth. I have to believe in God because I have to believe there's more out there beyond this life. I could never be Athiest because I find it hard to believe our lives are that pointless. But then again, it's quite possible that they are.

Always remember that when it comes to God, no one had, has, or most likely will ever have any kind of proof. It comes down to what we believe.

"Always remember that when it comes to God, no one had, has, or most likely will ever have any kind of proof. It comes down to what we believe."

Belief itself is a product of an awesome capability which overpasses us people. With respect to the statement, there are still many things humans probably will never know. I mean that in regards to space, time, small physics...

For starters, my Mom's side of the family is Catholic. My Dad's side is Jewish. My brother was converted to Judaism as a baby. My mom converted next and I converted at 13 because I wanted a Bar Mitzvah. Now my Dad is studying to be a Cantor.

If done right, the debate is not pointless, but quite insightful.

And I was not picking a fight. So white flag... truce... whatever... I sincerely just want some thoughts on that.

Believe me, I don't appreciate the person calling those of us who believe in God idiots, but I'm not about to pick a fight for it, either. We all believe differently when it comes to God and religion, and people just have to deal with that. For example... even though I am a Jew, and a proud Jew, I believe in the Big Bang and Evolution, and I believe God plays absolutely no part in what happens on this planet and never did, hence Free Will. But I believe in God because even with Natural Selection, we are too complication to be a coincidence. We were mapped by something... hence, God. But that's what I believe. I don't pretend it's the truth.

It's quite possible that we're all (all relgions, all athiests... everyone, from the past, the present, and the future) wrong, and when we do die we're gonna find out the real truth and be like... WTF :blink: ?

It's also quite possible that the early Greeks and Romans were right and we're all destined to go to Hades. It's also possible that the Christains are right and Jesus was the Messiah and he really is the only way to Heaven. It's also quite possible that Muslims are right. It's also quite possible that Athiests are right.

No one knows for sure. Not even me. I believe it, but I don't claim it as fact. It is my truth, not everybody's truth. I have to believe in God because I have to believe there's more out there beyond this life. I could never be Athiest because I find it hard to believe our lives are that pointless. But then again, it's quite possible that they are.

Always remember that when it comes to God, no one had, has, or most likely will ever have any kind of proof. It comes down to what we believe.

I agree with what you say. I would get into this more and may later but my time is limited on the PC at the moment (kids). Anyway, I do belive Jesus was the Messiah. As for the big bang-I am skeptical. And I got an A in astronomy in college. so I DO have more than an average understanding of astronomy. Ask yourself this. How can you come up with something from absolutely nothing. I dont want to hear about gases or big bangs becaue something had to kick that off in my opinion. It is also hard to imagine something with no end-like the universe. Will talk later. Thanks for the input.

I agree with what you say. I would get into this more and may later but my time is limited on the PC at the moment (kids). Anyway, I do belive Jesus was the Messiah. As for the big bang-I am skeptical. And I got an A in astronomy in college. so I DO have more than an average understanding of astronomy. Ask yourself this. How can you come up with something from absolutely nothing. I dont want to hear about gases or big bangs becaue something had to kick that off in my opinion. It is also hard to imagine something with no end-like the universe. Will talk later. Thanks for the input.

God.

I believe God caused the Big Bang.

Yes, yes, atheists, I know. Ridiculous, not possible, etc, etc, etc... but ledzeppIV is right. Something had to cause the Big Bang. Something had to set it off. It didn't just come from nothing. Big Bang is proof that there was, at least, something there before. Something created that tiny, volatile speck of matter which would expand into the Universe, which still is expanding to this day.

Here's what I think. Something was there before. I call that something God. Y'all just don't have a logical explanation for it, yet, so you're waiting for one. "God" doesn't necessarily mean some humanoid-looking spirit in a flowing white robe, a long, flowing white beard, and long, flowing white hair who can control nature. God may very well be that spark that set the Big Bang off.

Edited by Nathan

The idea that being an atheist or agnostic makes life pointless is funny as hell to me. Thanks for the heads up, I'll start looking for deities.

I have to believe there's more out there. It makes life pointless to me.

Whenever I get in a debate with an Atheist they tend to miss the part where I say "to me."

Obviously my beliefs aren't true for everyone.

But what I mean is this. To an Atheist (are you one?), there is no life after death. When we die... that's it. There's no more. Nothing. Notta.

I can't accept that. That's not to say I'm not living my life to the fullest.

I'll fully admit that an Atheist probably leads a fuller life then anyone who believes in religion, and may even make their life more meaningful as a result of being an Atheist because they believe there's nothing after death.

But, for me, there has to be more. Why shouldn't there be more? When I die, I don't want that to be it. I want to go on. Whether that be reincarnation or heaven or whatever, I just hope and pray there's more beyond this. That's all.

God.

I believe God caused the Big Bang.

Yes, yes, atheists, I know. Ridiculous, not possible, etc, etc, etc... but ledzeppIV is right. Something had to cause the Big Bang. Something had to set it off. It didn't just come from nothing. Big Bang is proof that there was, at least, something there before. Something created that tiny, volatile speck of matter which would expand into the Universe, which still is expanding to this day.

Here's what I think. Something was there before. I call that something God. Y'all just don't have a logical explanation for it, yet, so you're waiting for one. "God" doesn't necessarily mean some humanoid-looking spirit in a flowing white robe, a long, flowing white beard, and long, flowing white hair who can control nature. God may very well be that spark that set the Big Bang off.

I agree with you totally. the only thing we dont agree on is that I believe Jesus was sent by God and you dont But I agree that if there was a big bang, somethinig had to be there first. so what do you know. We agree!!!

There has to be more what? When I die, I can think of nothing more beautiful than becoming part of the compost that feeds the plants that feed the animals that feed the people. It's called the circle of life, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. I experience the continuity as a daughter and as a mother. I lack the audacity to put a name or a face on the source from whence we all came, or to give it a book of rules. I feel the energy of being alive, and that's enough for ME :)

after death, whether or not there is another phase of being whose to know we'll even be conscious of it?

i was raised in a quaker setting which is basically where everything is an example of god. sort of like saying god is everywhere trying to make beautiful connections to itself. i find it hard to think there wasnt somewhere we were before all of this started for us. maybe after death we go on, maybe we go home...

There has to be more what? When I die, I can think of nothing more beautiful than becoming part of the compost that feeds the plants that feed the animals that feed the people. It's called the circle of life, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. I experience the continuity as a daughter and as a mother. I lack the audacity to put a name or a face on the source from whence we all came, or to give it a book of rules. I feel the energy of being alive, and that's enough for ME :)

You're awesome.