What Do You Guys Believe Exists?

Sketchy K

These ghost sightings have me curious. Id like to hear more specifics from some that have said they have seen appartions. ie did they recognize it as a deceased person, or know them. Did it have shape? etc. I have always kind have wanted to see one but them again it would probably scare me half to death.

I didn't recognize the woman in my experience. The wife and I rented a bsmnt. suite when we first got married. The owners lived upstairs. I crawled into bed one Sunday evening and was just getting settled. Suddenly, I felt very cold and had the feeling that there was another presence in the suite.

The bedroom door was open and as I lay there, I saw the figure of a woman walk by and look in at me. She was not happy. Scared the living shit outta me and she was gone as quickly as she arrived.

Shakin', I woke up my wife and got up to see if anything was in the suite.( Actually, I sent her out to see if anything was in the suite :D ) Obviously, nothing was there and the wife just put it down to me being tired. I never mentioned it to anyone untill about a year later. We were socializing with the people upstairs and the subject of ghosts came up. I related my story and as I did so, I could see the lady of the house glaring at her husband. She intervened and went on to give me an accurate discription of the lady they had been seeing for over 3yrs.Apparently the house had originally been owned by an elderly single couple. As the story goes, the man had died in the house and the woman was forced to sell. I guess she wasn't too happy about having to do so. This is my one and only ghostly experience. But it was a very real one

I didn't recognize the woman in my experience. The wife and I rented a bsmnt. suite when we first got married. The owners lived upstairs. I crawled into bed one Sunday evening and was just getting settled. Suddenly, I felt very cold and had the feeling that there was another presence in the suite.

The bedroom door was open and as I lay there, I saw the figure of a woman walk by and look in at me. She was not happy. Scared the living shit outta me and she was gone as quickly as she arrived.

Shakin', I woke up my wife and got up to see if anything was in the suite.( Actually, I sent her out to see if anything was in the suite :D ) Obviously, nothing was there and the wife just put it down to me being tired. I never mentioned it to anyone untill about a year later. We were socializing with the people upstairs and the subject of ghosts came up. I related my story and as I did so, I could see the lady of the house glaring at her husband. She intervened and went on to give me an accurate discription of the lady they had been seeing for over 3yrs.Apparently the house had originally been owned by an elderly single couple. As the story goes, the man had died in the house and the woman was forced to sell. I guess she wasn't too happy about having to do so. This is my one and only ghostly experience. But it was a very real one

Im always fascinated by these. I always am skeptical, but not totally unbelieving. There is a legend here of a "white lady" who haunts a local park. A long time mystery. But I am more inclined to believe in alien life than ghosts. But I am not doubtinig you or do I say its not impossible.

Im always fascinated by these. I always am skeptical, but not totally unbelieving. There is a legend here of a "white lady" who haunts a local park. A long time mystery. But I am more inclined to believe in alien life than ghosts. But I am not doubtinig you or do I say its not impossible.

Well , I wouldn't blame anyone for doubting any ghost story. It's never happened again and I'll be quite happy if it stay's that way :D Having confirmation from the people upstairs was enough for me to say that it wasn't just my imagination....runnin' away with me

Well , I wouldn't blame anyone for doubting any ghost story. It's never happened again and I'll be quite happy if it stay's that way :D Having confirmation from the people upstairs was enough for me to say that it wasn't just my imagination....runnin' away with me

Ahh. The Stones fan in you comes out Ally. I have always wanted to see something strange. Did once and a certain someone on here tried to make me look stupid. (Jesus in the clouds when I was in 7th grade-a picture took of lightning in the sky by an old lady). Shown to a nun by another 7th grader. A nun who slapped me across the face for no reason.

These ghost sightings have me curious. Id like to hear more specifics from some that have said they have seen appartions. ie did they recognize it as a deceased person, or know them. Did it have shape? etc. I have always kind have wanted to see one but them again it would probably scare me half to death.

My husband was in the hospital with his mom the day before she died ... he said all of a sudden she sat upright and turned around to greet "visitors", her deceased brother and sister! He didn't see anything but is sure that she did, in fact - despite her ill health - she carried on a conversation with them "How are you, I haven't seen you in years!", etc.

Here's a website with the latest MUFON sightings:

Mutual UFO Network Sightings - The scientific study of UFOs for the benefit of humanity

I don't believe in any of those things. They are all scams.

Don't be too quick to discount that which you cannot see. You can't see air but you know it's there or you would suffocate.

I tend to discount some of the story tellers because they may just be seeking attention.

"The Truth is out there!" :)

My husband was in the hospital with his mom the day before she died ... he said all of a sudden she sat upright and turned around to greet "visitors", her deceased brother and sister! He didn't see anything but is sure that she did, in fact - despite her ill health - she carried on a conversation with them "How are you, I haven't seen you in years!", etc.

Here's a website with the latest MUFON sightings:

Mutual UFO Network Sightings - The scientific study of UFOs for the benefit of humanity

As a nurse (as well as personal experience) I second your husband's experience. I have sat at the bedside of patients and family while they are preparing to go.

I had a near death experience and "saw" my deceased younger brothers, an aunt, a white dog and great-grandmother standing in the corner of my room. The strange thing about the experience is my aunt had owned a dog of the same type who had died before my birth. I never knew about the dog until I told a family member about the occurrence later.

My experience involved more that I will not divulge at this time. Don't doubt things exist just because you can't experience them in this dimension. B)

We had a pretty heated discussion on this very subject this evening. I personally believe that there is nothing at all supernatural in the world. There is no hard evidence to back up such claims. But at the same time, whilst it is impossible to disprove such (crackpot) theories, nor can we deny 100% their existence. And to be honest their are some equally ridiculous theories in science. At the end of the day, I personally don't care an awful lot about what is true and what is a sham - my life is too short to try to disuade one group from another. As long as I live a decent life, note only have I lived as you'd hope most decent people would, but hopefully (although, let's be honest God is a pretty big control freak if He exists) I got myself a decent shot in the afterlife after I die. You can probably tell from these ramblings, that it was a somewhat drunken disussion.

I believe Aliens and Ghosts exist, not positively, but I'm quite sure there's logical enough proof and reasons for believing they might. Especially when I had a ghostly encounter when I was about 8 or 9. Not quite sure what it was at the time, but it scared me. Now I know it was a shadow ghost, but it wasn't against any walls, it was in a 3D spheric form - kind of human like, but not.

It's hard to describe, but I was jumping up and down on my bed which was opposite my door that was in one corner. The lights were off, I think it must have been 12am, because my parents used to put me to bed about 10pm, and I remember staying up late. But anyway, I was jumping up and down on my bed, I don't know why, I guess I used to like bouncing on things like trampolines and beds.

My room was very dark, but my eyes adjusted to it after a little bit. And then I eventually saw the shadowy human-shaped thing right over by my door, and that's when I just paused instantly. It was so quiet I could feel and hear my own heart beating through my ears as I stood and stared at the thing. It was slowly and gradually coming towards me, not changing shape or form.

When it got about halfway across the room, I decided to get under my bed covers. I peeked out of my covers to the side of my bed and it was right beside my bed. The last thing I remember is looking up at it and then just falling asleep. So all in all, it was harmless enough.

Not just that though, other weird things that my mother told me about in recent years. She told me that when I was a child, about 4-5. I used to sit next to the walls and talk to them, having a conversation with someone. :lol: I don't remember that, but if my mum said it happened then it did.

I understand how you could fall asleep. When I was 14 I saw a man standing at the foot of the bed at my friend's house. I was alone because I felt sick, so I laid down with a magazine. My friends all took off and went somewhere. While I was laying there reading the magazine I saw a man standing at the foot of the bed, but when I put the magazine down to look, he was gone. I fell asleep! No one was in the house with me, so...weird. But I wasn't scared at all, until I told my friends about it later.

Strangely enough, my parents also told me I was talking to the walls in the corner of our kitchen. My dad said I woke him up in the night when I was about two and led him by the hand to the corner and pointed at the wall. He said my eyes were huge and it made the hair on his neck stand up. Dammit, now I have to go to bed and I'm creeped out. Thanks a lot, Bonham! :P

a couple years ago i was working at an upscale restaurant as a busser. during the off hours is when i could usually be found carrying items around to ready the place for the coming shifts. these hours i would be alone in the dining room with literally enough peace and quiet to relax myself into a daydream. so one day i was laying down tablecloths while in my own world, and quickly somethin catches my attention as im glancing downward. i sharpen my focus and see this young boy underneath the table looking at me! i jumped up a bit and focused my attention again only to see him wiggling away back underneath (i was standing up so i would say i was 5 or 6 feet away)

now the freakiest part about the encounter to this day is the memory of my eye contact with the 'ghost'. for only a second, i found myself looking at this white hazy figure whom was looking right back at me . he wore a childlike grin and his eyes were bright and electric. the pupils were small black dots amidst a blinding white. his hand was outstretched and moving with the other flat on the carpet. he was in a laying position on his stomach with his head and shoulders poking out from underneath the lengthy tablecloth which stretched almost to the floor. (dont ask how i saved this in my memory so quickly, it was stream of conscious in a single second which seemed to last a minute)

the very last thing i saw of him was a vague detail of his knees and feet wiggling/sliding away into what would've been a row of chairs. in later conversations with a friend/coworker i was explained that the building had a history of fires and even a sealed off basement which had formely been a jail. there was a few others who had seen the boy too; i honestly will never forget those 700 year old eyes on that little boy.

Agreed.

I can't truely explain my ghostly experience. All I can say is, it was very real to me. There could be a number of explanations if, I was the only one that had seen it. Seeking attention, no. Looking for a reasonable explanation, ya betchya

Not only have I seen ghosts and a verified UFO (it was in the paper), I've seen a ghost on a video tape taken off Clinton Road in Northern New Jersey.

Anybody who is into "Weird NJ" or "Weird USA" might know the story.

Isnt there also the legend of the New Jersey Devil??? Ive heard bits and pieces.

I love how people discount things just because we have no scientific explanation for them, yet.

Remember, people... there was a time when we had no scientific explanation for air, gravity, the sun, time itself, clouds, the blues sky, the night sky, stars, the moon, thunder, lightning, rain, snow, ice, water, tornados, hurricanes, etc, etc, etc. Everything had to be discovered at some point.

And don't give me this "well they weren't as technologically advanced as us."

So what? Does that mean if we still have no scientific explanation today it simply can't be possible? Fuck No! Hell... the next generation is gonna be twice as advanced as we are. Then they'll be saying the same things.

The fact is, eventually, we may find a plausible, natural scientific explanation for ghosts... one that explains why they exist, not one that debunks them. The fact is it's quite possible that science may in fact come up with an explanation legitimizing magick, and not one calling it a fallacy in someone's delusional head.

So what if we havebn't discovered Big Foot yet? They say we've only discovered 20% of the living species on this planet. Sure, most of those are bugs and sec-creatures, but if it's a rare enough and intelligent enough species, it's quite possible that Bigfoot and its cousins (like the Yeti) are avoiding detection? How is that possible, you ask? It can't be that smart, can it?

Well, whose to say, in some ways, if Bigfoot did exist, the species isn't more intelligent then us? I fully believe dolphins are way more intelligent then we are. Do we absolutely have to be the most intelligent species on this planet?

Just because there's no scientific explanation for something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It simply means science has figured out how to explain it, yet. Period.

Remember:

"Absence of evidence does NOT equal evidence of absence."

I love how people discount things just because we have no scientific explanation for them, yet.

Remember, people... there was a time when we had no scientific explanation for air, gravity, the sun, time itself, clouds, the blues sky, the night sky, stars, the moon, thunder, lightning, rain, snow, ice, water, tornados, hurricanes, etc, etc, etc. Everything had to be discovered at some point.

And don't give me this "well they weren't as technologically advanced as us."

So what? Does that mean if we still have no scientific explanation today it simply can't be possible? Fuck No! Hell... the next generation is gonna be twice as advanced as we are. Then they'll be saying the same things.

The fact is, eventually, we may find a plausible, natural scientific explanation for ghosts... one that explains why they exist, not one that debunks them. The fact is it's quite possible that science may in fact come up with an explanation legitimizing magick, and not one calling it a fallacy in someone's delusional head.

So what if we havebn't discovered Big Foot yet? They say we've only discovered 20% of the living species on this planet. Sure, most of those are bugs and sec-creatures, but if it's a rare enough and intelligent enough species, it's quite possible that Bigfoot and its cousins (like the Yeti) are avoiding detection? How is that possible, you ask? It can't be that smart, can it?

Well, whose to say, in some ways, if Bigfoot did exist, the species isn't more intelligent then us? I fully believe dolphins are way more intelligent then we are. Do we absolutely have to be the most intelligent species on this planet?

Just because there's no scientific explanation for something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It simply means science has figured out how to explain it, yet. Period.

Remember:

"Absence of evidence does NOT equal evidence of absence."

But dont you think we would have found a dead Bigfoot or Loch Ness Monster if they actually existed? Cmon. I will accept your argument on some matters but not on the two I just mentioned.

But dont you think we would have found a dead Bigfoot or Loch Ness Monster if they actually existed? Cmon. I will accept your argument on some matters but not on the two I just mentioned.

Not necessarily. Sea creatures that were long thought to be either extinct or just myths turned out to be true in existence. Remember, we know more about the known universe than we do about our own oceans. The possibilities of there being large, prehistoric creatures roaming the deep, dark waters are not only possible, but indisputably likely.

Edited by bigstickbonzo

I only fear people from what i've seen in life. I look forward to scuba diving and hiking in the mountains. Was just talking with my cousin who emailed me this picture of a great white shark right behind two scuba divers, we both agree that we'd love to cage dive with great whites one day. She is a great swimmer and our uncle told us about diving with great whites in australia, so hey who knows, maybe free diving in an area with sharks.

Not necessarily. Sea creatures that were long thought to be either extinct or just myths turned out to be true in existence. Remember, we know more about the known universe than we do about our own oceans. The possibilities of there being large, prehistoric creatures roaming the deep, dark waters are not only possible, but indisputably likely.

Well they have had much trouble getting their hands on let alone filming a giant squid which we know does exist. But With the sonar technology we have I tend to not really believe Plesiosaurs are still out there. And Bigfoot, even if he were very smart, would have a tough time escaping detection or not leaving a skull. So I am quite skeptical. But I am a true believer that alien life exists far away. Question is-is it intelligent life????

I only fear people from what i've seen in life. I look forward to scuba diving and hiking in the mountains. Was just talking with my cousin who emailed me this picture of a great white shark right behind two scuba divers, we both agree that we'd love to cage dive with great whites one day. She is a great swimmer and our uncle told us about diving with great whites in australia, so hey who knows, maybe free diving in an area with sharks.

I've looked into it as well. It runs about 400bucks for a full day's boat ride and about 20min in the cage. You can find White dives off Baja, Costa Rica or South Africa. It's definitely something I want to do within the next few years.