• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I here all week. Just don't go near my sisters, i wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression of how a lady should act.

Fwiw, Pipeboy, you don't have to worry about me going anywhere near your sister.

[No offense, but there's something their 11th and 12th toes that I just can't get past. :blink:]

:P

But when it comes to Suz,.. there's a woman who's got all the right bits and pieces!! :thumbsup:

B)

I'm raising a teenager who surpassed you in 6th grade social studies class, and who's critical thinking skills surpassed yours when she was roughly 5. It's not even about meaningful political debates in these threads; it's a bunch of flag waving narcissism disguised as patriotism. And those who call you on it are treated as though we are unpatriotic, terrorist supporting, America hating demons. It is people like YOU that contribute to the growing hatred of Americans in the world. The irony is that the things you say are eerily similar to the propaganda of our enemies. I'd tell you to grow up, but I think you're more invested in childlke hysteria.

What you ( and your ilk) seem to fail to realize is that because YOU believe something doesn't make it so. Everyone who disagrees with you isn't automatically wrong, you could be mistaken as well. As hard as it is for you to believe, you don't know it all. There is a lot of that on this board: "If you don't agree with me then your stupid/ uninformed/ childish/ whatever, <insert corrupted user name here>". It's unbecoming and unnecessary imo.

Fwiw, Pipeboy, you don't have to worry about me going anywhere near your sister.

[No offense, but there's something their 11th and 12th toes that I just can't get past. :blink:]

But when it comes to Suz,.. there's a woman who's got all the right bits and pieces!! :thumbsup:

B)

Hermit, I know you won't go by my sisters, by Illinois law, sexual predators cannot live within 1,000 yards of a school or a playground.

Yeah, keep talking about my little sisters. You won't get far with it.

What you ( and your ilk) seem to fail to realize is that because YOU believe something doesn't make it so. Everyone who disagrees with you isn't automatically wrong, you could be mistaken as well. As hard as it is for you to believe, you don't know it all. There is a lot of that on this board: "If you don't agree with me then your stupid/ uninformed/ childish/ whatever, <insert corrupted user name here>". It's unbecoming and unnecessary imo.

I never said that, did I? That's exactly my point: There are valid points to be made, whether you're conservative, liberal, independent....and I've always been interested in them all. But it either never gets to that level, or rapidly deteriorates from it. Perhaps I am contributing to that, as your complaints about me are the same as mine about PB. If so, I apologize.

" In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. " R. Reagan

good for old ron to acknowledge he was part of the problem...

bluster, name calling and a sense of humor :P

Perhaps I am contributing to that, as your complaints about me are the same as mine about PB. If so, I apologize.

maybe I read it wrong, when you said "I'm raising a teenager who surpassed you in 6th grade social studies class, and who's critical thinking skills surpassed yours when she was roughly 5." it sounds to me like you are saying " my kid was smart enough to agree with me when 5, what's wrong with you?" My rant was more aimed at others than you anyhow. I apologize as well if I read it wrong. B)

Hermit, I know you won't go by my sisters, by Illinois law, sexual predators cannot live within 1,000 yards of a school or a playground.

I take it your sisters are the first ones in your family to go to school.

..eh? :whistling:

maybe I read it wrong, when you said "I'm raising a teenager who surpassed you in 6th grade social studies class, and who's critical thinking skills surpassed yours when she was roughly 5." it sounds to me like you are saying " my kid was smart enough to agree with me when 5, what's wrong with you?" My rant was more aimed at others than you anyhow. I apologize as well if I read it wrong. B)

Hell no, I wouldn't want her to agree with me on everything (except chores, but I'm pretty much failing at that right now). I realize it was insulting. Sorry, PB! I get so tired of my patriotism and love for my country called into question because I don't blindly go along with someody else's idea of it. So maybe I took that out on him.

I just want my daughter to think for herself, and she's in a great academic program that is turning out amazingly aware kids. I should have added that her skills surpassed mine when she was 9. I want her to know it's about thinking for yourself and not following propaganda. She comes home from school and we have great discussions and I learn something every time. I know there's propaganda everywhere and on both sides. The kind that creeps the hell outta me is the kind we've been hearing for 5 years, now. I feel like I live in a different country than the one I grew up in, and you could argue that I do- because of 9/11. But it seems to me that (also because of 9/11) we're painting this thing with way too broad a brush, and creating more enemies than we had when we started. I don't take 9/11 or terrorism, or the sacrifices of out troops lightly, and I never have. But I refuse to act like we're superior to everyone else, and at this point I refuse to believe we even know what the hell we're doing over there.

And so two wrongs make a right? If Suz jumped naked off a bridge, would you do it too?

I know, that's what I was trying to alleviate. The only way I could do it was by not going back and reading the posts again :hysterical: Oh, well. I didn't want to be the wrong, or the right....or the wrong.

I think the reason I've been excited for Obama is becuse he has mobilized young people. At the caucus, it was packed with them, and it was standing room only. Me, I'm near 40 and it seems really split above and below that line. It's unreal seeing kids at my kid's high school so eager to participate- this really is a first, in my experience. Usually it's all old people.

I think the reason I've been excited for Obama is becuse he has mobilized young people. At the caucus, it was packed with them, and it was standing room only.

They don't know any better and are easily fooled, fortunately when it comes time to vote, historically they have better things to do.

The lefty's always over estimate the effect young people will have. This primary is starting to remind me of McGovern in 72.

The only thing we have in common in this country is we all salute one flag who gives everything we can dream of and protection without boundaries.

If you do not believe an American life is greater than any other life, then you sir will live in fear for the rest of your life.

I do not live in fear, because I know what I'll do if face an enemy. There is nothing i won't do to protect the people i love.

I salute my American flag, all 13 stars and 13 stripes.

Why? I salute to what America was once envisioned as becoming, not what it has become.

They don't know any better and are easily fooled, fortunately when it comes time to vote, historically they have better things to do.

No group of people in history were more easily fooled than those who voted for 'W'...twice. And their demographic certainly didn't slant young or left...

I salute my American flag, all 13 stars and 13 stripes.

Why? I salute to what America was once envisioned as becoming, not what it has become.

:o:notworthy: YEAH! WHAT HE SAID!

We've been down this road before,.. haven't we, Bill?

Not only are you mistaking cynicism for wisdom, you are also (conveniently?) failing to recognize that Barack Obama has not only brought in millions of energized young voters, he has also garnered broad support among people with college and post-college educations. In other words, Obama appeals both the most energized and hopeful among us and to the most educated, most critically analytical thinking people among us. B)

More Of The Same McCain appeals to jaded, cynical, hopeless (or 'anti-hope'?) old farts

and to those who wouldn't recognize a critical analytical thought if it bit them on the nose. :P

Obama supporters, for example, are smart enough see through the "gas tax

holiday" BS that you undoubtedly fall for time and time again, Uncle BillyBoy. :rolleyes:

:beer:

Go ahead, UncleB,.. wow us with your rationale for supporting the "gas tax holiday". :whistling:

[Here's a little *background music* for you to enjoy while you compose your post. ;) ]

McCain hopes to attract young voters

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS | 5/12/08 5:58 AM EST Text Size:

CHICAGO (AP) — He's a Republican, for starters. He describes himself as "older than dirt." And he makes no apology for an Iraq war that is especially unpopular on college campuses.

Doesn't sound like a recipe for winning the hearts of young voters. And yet John McCain has vowed to make a serious play for the 18- to 29-year-old crowd that's often identified with "Obama-mania."

But in the last month or so, there've been blips in McCain's favor. One recent AP-Yahoo News poll found that 38 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds supported McCain, while 37 percent were for Obama. When pitted against Clinton, it was McCain 43 percent, Clinton 28 percent. The margin of error was plus or minus 4.9 percentage points.

McCain hopes to attract young voters

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS | 5/12/08 5:58 AM EST Text Size:

CHICAGO (AP) — He's a Republican, for starters. He describes himself as "older than dirt." And he makes no apology for an Iraq war that is especially unpopular on college campuses.

Doesn't sound like a recipe for winning the hearts of young voters. And yet John McCain has vowed to make a serious play for the 18- to 29-year-old crowd that's often identified with "Obama-mania."

But in the last month or so, there've been blips in McCain's favor. One recent AP-Yahoo News poll found that 38 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds supported McCain, while 37 percent were for Obama. When pitted against Clinton, it was McCain 43 percent, Clinton 28 percent. The margin of error was plus or minus 4.9 percentage points.

you left out this very important part of the article....

"Could the 71-year-old grandfather possibly have a shot?

Several polls, including a recent AP-Ipsos survey, show Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton faring far better with that age bracket when pitted individually against McCain."

:D

Archived