MEAT IS MURDER!

Del Zeppnile

I do eat things one at a time too, but it's only for the fact that fries suck when they get cold, soups and salads you really can't save. SO if anything needs to be doggy bag, it should be somthing that will still taste good for a couple of days.

Er goes "MEAT!" :lol: it's what's for dinner and lunch tomorrow :lol:

Hi all,

Del Zeppnile!Have you ever eaten at the Hilltop????

KB :thumbsup:

No not yet. But I saw piece about it on The Food Network, and it's definitely on my list for places to eat before I die. :D

http://www.hilltopsteakhouse.com/content/1/38/

Right now my favorite steakhouses in the Los Angeles area is this little place in Glendale called Damon's Steakhouse. It's been there since 1937 and is one of the last places in L.A. that has the 'Tiki motif'

plus their Mai-Tai's are better than any I've had in Hawaii.

362_large.JPG

Damons.jpg

Er goes "MEAT!" :lol: it's what's for dinner and lunch tomorrow :lol:

I am gonna eat just as much meat as I like. I will eat it night and day...have it for a midnight snackers....

I dont like women who dont eat meat either. They dont know how to get on their knees?

BOO!

CHEERIO.

I like Cheerios though.

Hi all,

Del!Well brother,if your ever get over this way,let me know,we can devour some dead animal,talk some Zep,then head across Rt 1,to Kowloons for some scorpion bowls! :drunk::D

kowloonnew.jpg

tiki.jpg

volcano2.jpg

KB

Sounds Great!

That place looks cool! And in the same town as the Hilltop too.

It looks a lot like Trader Vics at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. But sadly it closed last year after 50 years.

Mmmm. It all sounds so good. Personal favorites: Lamb Sirloin or Chops, Duck Breast, Prime Rib, Porterhouse, London Broil, Pulled BBQ Pork, Octopus just about any style, Tuna Steak, Veal Cutlets, Bay Scallops, etc. Where it applies all cooked Rare to Medium Rare.

Perfect BBQ sauce or marinade: Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. You can't go wrong with it.

The one thing I want that I've only heard about but haven't had the opputunity to try: A Tur-Duck-En. It's a whole boneless Chicken stuffed into a whole boneless Duck stuffed into a whole boneless Turkey. If only nature could truly create this wonderful creature.

I've heard of this, it sounds rather sad to me...it's hard enough for me to eat me without guilt, that's too much.

Eat without guilt? Look, I know you eat Balogney & Chocolate Pudding sandwiches so I'm sure a Tur-Duck-En is the least you should feel guilty about. Now go put that pie back that you stole off the neighbors' windowsill.

Nothing but Choice Black Angus Ribeyes and a lttle A-1 sittn' on a Hickory smoked grill.

steak.jpg

Steak looks nice but the chipped potatoes look like crap. Hate the 'fries' thing. Chips are much better. Need to be at least 1/4 inch wide. None of this 'McDonalds like' French fries rubbish.

Proper chips.

244584446_f901b03296.jpg

Steak looks nice but the chipped potatoes look like crap. Hate the 'fries' thing. Chips are much better. Need to be at least 1/4 inch wide. None of this 'McDonalds like' French fries rubbish.

Actually the pic is decieving that's a 36oz steak on a platter and the fries are 1/2 in thick. :whistling:

Nothing but Choice Black Angus Ribeyes and a lttle A-1 sittn' on a Hickory smoked grill.

Blackangus.png

steak.jpg

I like mine medium well. A buddy of mine used to like his so rare when we were at a steak house he would tell the waitress just knock his horns off , wipe his ass and send it out. :lol:

I'm with you on the ribeye. Make mine medium rare.

Vegetarians do look unhealthy don't they. B)

Mmmm. It all sounds so good. Personal favorites: Lamb Sirloin or Chops, Duck Breast, Prime Rib, Porterhouse, London Broil, Pulled BBQ Pork, Octopus just about any style, Tuna Steak, Veal Cutlets, Bay Scallops, etc. Where it applies all cooked Rare to Medium Rare.

Perfect BBQ sauce or marinade: Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. You can't go wrong with it.

The one thing I want that I've only heard about but haven't had the opputunity to try: A Tur-Duck-En. It's a whole boneless Chicken stuffed into a whole boneless Duck stuffed into a whole boneless Turkey. If only nature could truly create this wonderful creature.

Made tur-duck-en for Thanksgiving. Wonderful stuff! It disappeared quickly... well before the prime rib roast.

BTW, what DO vegetarians eat for Thanksgiving? :blink:

Made tur-duck-en for Thanksgiving. Wonderful stuff! It disappeared quickly... well before the prime rib roast.

BTW, what DO vegetarians eat for Thanksgiving? :blink:

Green salad, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, mushroom soup, fried onions, corn pudding...

I have to agree with you about everything else, but... I don't know... I like tongue. Maybe I'm just wierd like that.

Do you celebrate Passover. Liver is a Passover-food staple. It's all I can do to keep someone from putting Liver on plate... blech... the only thing I hate about Passover time.

Actually, with the exception of Liver, if you keep Kosher for Passover, I guarante you'll be eating better then any other time of the year, Thanksgiving and Christmas/Hanukkah included. Obviously the only bread you're allowed to eat is matzoh, but I like matzoh, personally... but the rest of the food is just... mmmmmm...

(Liver being the exception, of course :D)

I can't stand the thought of eating liver. Now, liver does make good catfish (or other meat-eating fish) bait though. Brussel sprouts and lima beans are also on the " don't purchase" list. I don't even make my kids eat the stuff. Yuck! :P

:hysterical:

BTW, that steak recipe that I posted here but nobody commented on? I made it again last night. And it was fucking delicious. :P

I had to search back and find it. Yeah, that looks really good.. it made me hungry :D

I do a pretty simple prep for my steaks. Just some Lee & Perins Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper and salt. Rub everything into the meat really good and then put them in the fridge for about 3 hours. Take out and let them get to room temp (about 30 minutes), and then right on the grill on high heat.

When grilling put the steaks on the gill at a 45 degree angle to the grill, and after a few minutes you rotate them 90 degrees (this creates a hash mark on the steaak). Then after few minutes more (this all depends on the thickness of the meat - usually about 4-5 minutes for medium) turn steaks once over and repeat this process. But be sure to always use tongs --never poke a steak with a fork becuase it allows the juices to flow out of it and lose a lot of flavor.

I like to cook them medium rare and just before I take them off the grill I put a pat of butter on each steak and let it sizzle all over the nicley camelized browned meat. Then I remove them from the grill and let them stand for about three or four minutes before serving. Alowing them to stand gives the meat the chance to draw the juices back to the center of the meat.

Archived