MEAT IS MURDER!

Del Zeppnile

Green salad, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, mushroom soup, fried onions, corn pudding...

that's not food, that's what food eats! :lol::lol::lol:

I had to search back and find it. Yeah, that looks really good.. it made me hungry :D

I do a pretty simple prep for my steaks. Just some Lee & Perins Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper and salt. Rub everything into the meat really good and then put them in the fridge for about 3 hours. Take out and let them get to room temp (about 30 minutes), and then right on the grill on high heat.

When grilling put the steaks on the gill at a 45 degree angle to the grill, and after a few minutes you rotate them 90 degrees (this creates a hash mark on the steaak). Then after few minutes more (this all depends on the thickness of the meat - usually about 4-5 minutes for medium) turn steaks once over and repeat this process. But be sure to always use tongs --never poke a steak with a fork becuase it allows the juices to flow out of it and lose a lot of flavor.

I like to cook them medium rare and just before I take them off the grill I put a pat of butter on each steak and let it sizzle all over the nicley camelized browned meat. Then I remove them from the grill and let them stand for about three or four minutes before serving. Alowing them to stand gives the meat the chance to draw the juices back to the center of the meat.

That sounds really good too. I'll try it your way next time I BBQ. :D

And yes- NEVER pierce the meat with a fork while it's cooking. Tongs are the rule. Your steak will stay juicy that way, even if it's cooked medium. (I prefer medium rare myself)

Here's my recipe from another thread, this is more awesome than any other grill recipe I've used...

Best way to cook a steak at home, and get an awesome restaurant-style steak...

Get the nicest cut of steak you can afford (NY Strip, Ribeye, even Sirloin works pretty well). Brush each side with olive oil and salt/pepper heavily. Heat up a cast-iron skillet, either on stove or grill-side burner. Cooking steak on skillet will create a lot of smoke, so I do it on the grill side-burner. When skillet is piping hot, throw steak on there. It'll sizzle like hell, but don't touch it! Let cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn over. The cooked side will have a nice brown crust. Let 2nd side cook another 3-4 minutes. Put pat of butter over steak. Then transfer skillet with steak either to oven (350 degrees) or inside of pre-heated grill and let cook in there for another 5 minutes or so. The pat of butter will melt over the steak, and combine with the juices in the pan and make a nice carmelized sauce.

Enjoy!

When I was a huge vegetarian (23 years of my life) I listened always:

"The vegetarian go with a girlfriend behind the bush, and eat the bush..." ("to eat" here also means "to fuck", make love, make sex...) :hysterical:

Here's my recipe from another thread, this is more awesome than any other grill recipe I've used...

Best way to cook a steak at home, and get an awesome restaurant-style steak...

Get the nicest cut of steak you can afford (NY Strip, Ribeye, even Sirloin works pretty well). Brush each side with olive oil and salt/pepper heavily. Heat up a cast-iron skillet, either on stove or grill-side burner. Cooking steak on skillet will create a lot of smoke, so I do it on the grill side-burner. When skillet is piping hot, throw steak on there. It'll sizzle like hell, but don't touch it! Let cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn over. The cooked side will have a nice brown crust. Let 2nd side cook another 3-4 minutes. Put pat of butter over steak. Then transfer skillet with steak either to oven (350 degrees) or inside of pre-heated grill and let cook in there for another 5 minutes or so. The pat of butter will melt over the steak, and combine with the juices in the pan and make a nice carmelized sauce.

Enjoy!

I do it this way when I am making porterhouse steaks sometimes.

Most home barbeques don't get anywhere near hot enough to properly cook a steak, especially those using natural gas or propane. You need a broiler that gets to at least 600f or preferably higher to properly sear the meat quickly. Just the opposite for ribs.....gas is best because it contains an extra water molecule to keep the meat moist while cooking as slow as you can.

Most home barbeques don't get anywhere near hot enough to properly cook a steak, especially those using natural gas or propane. You need a broiler that gets to at least 600f or preferably higher to properly sear the meat quickly. Just the opposite for ribs.....gas is best because it contains an extra water molecule to keep the meat moist while cooking as slow as you can.

umm sterilization takes place at 250 F :huh:

Yeah, but it depends on the brand of BBQ grill. If you're talking about the standard Home Depot/Walmart low price $149-$249 models then I agree with you. I personally like Weber Grills. I have a Summit 6 burner model and another 3 burner (for overflow and veggies), and they perform great. Since most of the cheaper grills only have 2 burners, or one U-shaped burner, they don't put out the right heat or they cook unevenly.

No problamo :D

liquid-oxygen-lighter.jpg

OK, it's not a grill that's interesting here: it's the way it's lighted. You're looking at George Goble of Purdue University lighting the 60 lbs of charcoal with 3 gallons of liquid oxygen:

Started with 60 lbs of charcoal, and burnt up 40 lbs of it in 3 seconds. Result is a grill ready to cook in about 3 seconds, and all the old grease, etc burned off. Don't try this at home.

WARNING: an ignition source, such as a lit cigarette or one glowing coal, must be present before pouring on the LOX. If charcoal is PRESOAKED in LOX first, an explosion will result. One briquette presoaked in LOX is approx equiv to 1 stick of dynamite.

And oh, this goes without saying: don't try this at home. Please, or this may happen.

My slow cooker is one of my favorite appliances; this recipe for chicken turned out really well.

Chicken Stroganoff

6 to 8 servings Prep: 20 minutes

Cook: Low 6 hours, High 3 hours

Ingredients

2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and/or thighs

1 cup chopped onion

2 10 3/4-ounce cans condensed cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic

1/3 cup water

12 ounces dried wide egg noodles

1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream

Freshly ground black pepper (optional)

Directions

1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine the chicken pieces and onion. In a medium bowl stir together the soup and water. Pour over chicken and onion.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.

3. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Just before serving, stir sour cream into mixture in cooker. To serve, spoon stroganoff mixture over hot cooked noodles. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Here's where I'll be having Lunch later this week:

http://en.kegsteakhouse.com/menus/lunch

Healthy Eating Guide

Make sure that your diet contains all the essential nutrients for good health.

Eating a wide variety of foods from all the food groups on Canada's or the US Food Guide Pyramid will help you get the vitamins and minerals you need.

Order salad dressings and other sauces on the side so you can control portions.

Drink water, diet soda or unsweetened tea or coffee instead of soda that may be high in sugars, calories or carbohydrates.

Substitute steamed vegetables instead of rice, fries or potatoes.

Instead of butter, sour cream or bacon, order salsa, which is low in calories and fat for your baked potato.

If you want to limit your carbohydrate intake, ask to not be served bread on the table (unless your fellow diners can eat it).

If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation...whatever the Hell that is . . . .

Listen to your body and stop eating when you are full. Don't feel obligated to finish what is on your plate; ask to take the rest home.

Great quote from comedian Louis CK, which kind of sums it up for me...

"Here's the thing...I think it's wrong to eat tuna, and dolphins, and cows, and everything...but I eat them...I eat them ALL. Because I don't care that it's wrong. I totally think it's terrible, but that's not important to me. So what if it's wrong? It tastes GOOD, and I like the way it feels when I eat it, so fuck it!"

Archived