Dazed and Confused

Xtazy

Hi all,

Yes he does! :o Robert has a way of 'improivising' the lyrics. I *think* he sang it on the BBC sessions too,....

KB

yes he does sing it on BBC sessions

that line changes (i think) every time i hear it live

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's what I love about Led Zeppelin. Alot of other bands are stuck in this rut that they have to always play the songs exactly the same, note from note, word from word. But Zeppelin always like to imrpovise their lyrics and instrumentals live. I mean, Zeppelin NEVER played the same Dazed and Confused twice, they always improvised it, as well as How Many More Times as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

From what I've heard, I think he only sang the "when I send you to hell" line in some 1969 and 1970 shows...the rest are the studio lyrics. The first time I ever heard him sing the alternative lyric, I was quite angry at someone of the female persuasion, and hearing that just hit the spot with me.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
he says suck it in a lot of bootlegs....

Yes he does, although sometimes he's saying "So good" and it sounds like "suck it"...

He improvs a lot, though..."I'm gonna make love to you darlin', 25 hours a day...that's why I came to the USA!" That line he threw in Dazed in the 1973-1975 period always cracks me the hell up! :D

• 1 month later...

Speaking of D&C, in The Song Remains the Same, what other songs were they playing in the middle of the song itself? I think the whole song went about 40 minutes or so but I couldn't make out the titles of the other songs in between or was a very long jam session? LOL

A lot of the themes in D&C seem to have been developed and expanded over time which you can notice if you listen to the early versions on the DVD and BBC sessions and then listen to the version on TSRTS. "San Francisco" is one song played in the TSRTS version, also bits of "Mars, The Bringer of War" from The Planets by Holst.

I have read a lot of reviews of the extended versions of D&C criticizing Jimmy's playing as self-indulgent and only enjoyable if the listener is high. I don't have anything against getting high, but I think the song is a work of art. I would much rather listen to 40 minutes of D&C than 10 silly 4 minute pop songs. I can only imagine what it must have been like in concert.

A lot of the themes in D&C seem to have been developed and expanded over time which you can notice if you listen to the early versions on the DVD and BBC sessions and then listen to the version on TSRTS. "San Francisco" is one song played in the TSRTS version, also bits of "Mars, The Bringer of War" from The Planets by Holst.

I have read a lot of reviews of the extended versions of D&C criticizing Jimmy's playing as self-indulgent and only enjoyable if the listener is high. I don't have anything against getting high, but I think the song is a work of art. I would much rather listen to 40 minutes of D&C than 10 silly 4 minute pop songs. I can only imagine what it must have been like in concert.

It was wonderful. I agree, Dazed and Confused is a work of art.

I agree Janet! The TSRTS version is just totally awesome. :D

Archived