Summer plans

Virginia

Well, I need to save up at least 5,000 bucks in order to fully enjoy a vacation, but by time I get that much, it'd be a year, and I'd like to go THIS summer...not next year or in 2011. I wish I was like some young people, they somehow make 20 dollars an hour doing nothing.

Ricky, it's not really a vacation if you're not taking a break from anything.

I hate to tell you, a FUN vacation can be a LOT less than $5K. I spent less thank $200 when I went to Palm Springs.

Well, I need to save up at least 5,000 bucks in order to fully enjoy a vacation, but by time I get that much, it'd be a year, and I'd like to go THIS summer...not next year or in 2011. I wish I was like some young people, they somehow make 20 dollars an hour doing nothing.

Yeah, a plane ticket isn't necessary for you like it is for me - you live in the 48 states! :lol:

$5,000 is kind of ridiculous though...what are you planning to do, gamble it all away in Vegas? :rolleyes: Hotel, gas, food, a little spending money, that's all you need.

Yeah, a plane ticket isn't necessary for you like it is for me - you live in the 48 states! :lol:

$5,000 is kind of ridiculous though...what are you planning to do, gamble it all away in Vegas? :rolleyes: Hotel, gas, food, a little spending money, that's all you need.

Kinda what I was thinking...I've went outta state on $500 before and had a pretty good time. If DN's gonna bring $5000, then I wanna go on that vacation!!! :P

Well, I don't know how much a "FUN" vacation should cost. 200 bucks? o_O For gas and lodging? That'd odd.

But, I do know one thing I can work on this summer. Try to lost 50 lbs. Once I achieve that goal, I'll be so happy.

Well, I don't know how much a "FUN" vacation should cost. 200 bucks? o_O For gas and lodging? That'd odd.

But, I do know one thing I can work on this summer. Try to lost 50 lbs. Once I achieve that goal, I'll be so happy.

This is how I figure out how much I need to bring.

For example, say I want to go to....Chicago, and spend 3 days. Before I go, I look online to see what the going rate for a hotel room is. I decide to stay at Super 8, for 66.59/night with tax. Since I will be leaving on the 3rd day, I only need 2 nights, so $134. And then, if I look on mapquest, it's approximately 573.59 miles from here to there. Take that times 2=about 1148 miles roundtrip. Divide that by my car's gas mileage--in this case, 28--and get approximately 41 gallons of gas. Times approximate gas price-i'll use 3.55=$146 for gas, plus about $20 extra dollars for the toll roads. If you figure you'll be eating 3 times per day at about $6 per meal if you eat fast food=$54 for all 3 days. That's approximately $354 total.

I will also want to bring along some spending money, at least a $100 or so.

Australia /Alaska ,Washington State Not sure which will be first but thats my 2008 Vacation plan.

2009 South Dakota,Wyoming area

July is usually our coldest month in NSW.

If you do come down under look me up.

Been going to family cottage in the 1000 Islands since early 70s. Dont know this year. St Lawrence River, nice area for fishing and swimming. Great parks nearby. Would like to check out Myrtle Beach as Ive never been there.

Is that the place where some sort of rollercoaster lives? :rolleyes:

Awesome, Spalove! Where all are you going to go?

Have I posted in this thread already? I can't remember! I'm probably going to go to Las Vegas with my family (we were supposed to go a couple of weeks ago, but my dad got sick), and my friends want to go, too, so I might go twice (probably not, though - my friends never follow through on this kind of stuff). We'll probably do a weekend in Los Angeles sometime...that's always fun. Next year we're going to France if all goes well - woohoo!

Summer starts for me on Thursday!

I'm still going to do my student teaching internship until the kids get out of shcool in June, but hey--now I'm able to work full time and save up money for that plane ticket to the east coast for my little trip!

I have Robert Plant/Alison Krauss tickets June 28th for Lake Tahoe

I have my east coast trip in August

I have misc. camping trips

I have a HUGE garden to take care of!

Geez, I love summer!!!

Summer starts for me on Thursday!

I'm still going to do my student teaching internship until the kids get out of shcool in June, but hey--now I'm able to work full time and save up money for that plane ticket to the east coast for my little trip!

I have Robert Plant/Alison Krauss tickets June 28th for Lake Tahoe

I have my east coast trip in August

I have misc. camping trips

I have a HUGE garden to take care of!

Geez, I love summer!!!

Hey, holler if you come to VA! :D

She's in Lake Monticello, which is surrounded by horse farms. I went kayaking there, and visited some of the earliest presidents' homes. There's an animal sanctuary we do volunteer work for, nearby. They had a party while we were there, with lots of ribs and a pretty good bluegrass band. Love the country side, but don't care for driving on the twisty roads - especially at night.

Archived