funeral song

daviebhoy

Ok,you have a choice of TWO Zep songs to be played at your funeral,1 for the coffin to be brought in and 1 for the coffin to be taken out to.They can be any song but no one can choose Stairway or they will be banished to Mordor for evermore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I'll start:

1. Celebration Day

2. Dancing Days :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Such disdain for a thread that not only has been done before, but was both successful and, as I recall, without complaints :huh:. As I've said before, I wouldn't want any song played at my funeral that is by a popular band such as Led Zeppelin if only because it would probably ruin the song for the people attending. It would also seem like a mockery of my life and/or death and I wouldn't want that either. I've also said before that 'In My Time Of Dying' is a great choice albeit a tad creepy because it's both eerie and about dying/death.

I've already got "Forever Autumn" and "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" requested in my living will but will amend it to add "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" and "Since I've Been Loving You" also. Take out all the BS eulogizing and just play my entire CD collection, that's how I'd like it. ;)

Nah, I don't care what they play at my funeral. I'll already be at that great gig in the sky, getting my own private concert, so the ones left on earth can play "Bennie & the Jets" for all I care. :P

Don't want to be too morbid but, because I have lost dear friends who were in their 30's and 40's, I have actually thought about this. For my cremation and launch down the Ganges, the music will be traditional Indian funeral dirges. Don't know where I will be but for the memorial back at the hacienda, Zep music will blast over the hills and far away (WWL, Nobody's Fault but Mine, Black Dog, Rock and Roll, Trampled under Foot, etc.) - no somber stuff. Pipes, bongs, bowls, and chillums will be passed around. Someone will read aloud my funniest and best Zep adventures (the ones that I can't share here). I want it to be a "Celebration Day" of my life.

Don't want to be too morbid but, because I have lost dear friends who were in their 30's and 40's, I have actually thought about this. For my cremation and launch down the Ganges, the music will be traditional Indian funeral dirges. Don't know where I will be but for the memorial back at the hacienda, Zep music will blast over the hills and far away (WWL, Nobody's Fault but Mine, Black Dog, Rock and Roll, Trampled under Foot, etc.) - no somber stuff. Pipes, bongs, bowls, and chillums will be passed around. Someone will read aloud my funniest and best Zep adventures (the ones that I can't share here). I want it to be a "Celebration Day" of my life.

Way cool. I want to attend your memorial service!! Er....when it's time, decades from now of course.....no jinx XX

And I want to amend my above post. Yes, I do care what's played. One song I forgot, how stupeed of me, it's like my favoritest song of all time: TEN YEARS GONE

Way cool. I want to attend your memorial service!! Er....when it's time, decades from now of course.....no jinx XX

And I want to amend my above post. Yes, I do care what's played. One song I forgot, how stupeed of me, it's like my favoritest song of all time: TEN YEARS GONE

Thanks! I don't want tears at my memorial. You are welcome to attend....maybe in 50 or 60 years. But who really knows? No jinx. XX

Ten Years Gone is beautiful but so sad it makes me cry even when no funeral is involved.

Thanks! I don't want tears at my memorial. You are welcome to attend....maybe in 50 or 60 years. But who really knows? No jinx. XX

Ten Years Gone is beautiful but so sad it makes me cry even when no funeral is involved.

Err.. uhh... can I come too? Sounds like a blast. I mean, long past all of us reaching ridiculous ages, of course. I'll be wheeled around by my hot young male nurse, and will have the good grace to pass away directly afterward. :D

This is so strange, because I was recently listening to "Ten Years Gone" and actually thought if you wanted to slay everyone at your funeral, you could do worse. "Your Long Journey" from Raising Sand would also be really cathartic. For sure, you could forever alter "Stairway to Heaven" for people, too.

But you've got the right idea - the Zeppelin would be for the after-party & life celebration. For the service, it would be "Alloway Grove" from Paolo Nutini before a few kind words are spoken, then U2's "One Tree Hill" after my ashes are tossed in the Merced river at the Devil's Elbow, below El Capitan in Yosemite valley. (Then, as an evil co-worker once pointed out, my remains would gently float into a water treatment plant in Merced...)

Err.. uhh... can I come too? Sounds like a blast. I mean, long past all of us reaching ridiculous ages, of course. I'll be wheeled around by my hot young male nurse, and will have the good grace to pass away directly afterward. :D

This is so strange, because I was recently listening to "Ten Years Gone" and actually thought if you wanted to slay everyone at your funeral, you could do worse. "Your Long Journey" from Raising Sand would also be really cathartic. For sure, you could forever alter "Stairway to Heaven" for people, too.

But you've got the right idea - the Zeppelin would be for the after-party & life celebration. For the service, it would be "Alloway Grove" from Paolo Nutini before a few kind words are spoken, then U2's "One Tree Hill" after my ashes are tossed in the Merced river at the Devil's Elbow, below El Capitan in Yosemite valley. (Then, as an evil co-worker once pointed out, my remains would gently float into a water treatment plant in Merced...)

:lol: Of course, you (and your hot young male nurse) can come. :beer:

That's a pretty cool little thing you have planned for yourself! Sad songs, though. There will be many tears.

:lol: Of course, you (and your hot young male nurse) can come. :beer:

That's a pretty cool little thing you have planned for yourself! Sad songs, though. There will be many tears.

I like your plan, too. :)

I'm selfish - I want people weeping copiously. :unsure: But, they'll feel much better afterward.

Cheers, MSG & Angel! :beer: BTW, Angel, love your sig animation! Oh, yeah.

Hi Sun :wave: and MSG (MSG? oh no, I think I may be allergic to you :unsure: ), let's change that to Mad......Hi Mad :wave:

:beer: A round of brewskis for us all. To life and good music and hot male nurses!! :beer:

I like your plan, too. :)

I'm selfish - I want people weeping copiously. :unsure: But, they'll feel much better afterward.

Cheers, MSG & Angel! :beer: BTW, Angel, love your sig animation! Oh, yeah.

I no longer imbibe but, in your honor, I will pour a little red wine in my chalice and raise it in a toast to both of you. :beer:

I no longer imbibe but, in your honor, I will pour a little red wine in my chalice and raise it in a toast to both of you. :beer:

That's fine -- actually I drink only on rare, special ocassions. The last time was when Zep released the DVD set in '03, I bought a fifth of Jack Daniels to celebrate. Still have half & will drink that on Dec. 10th. You think it will still be good???

Archived