maybe jimmy and john paul jones need a new singer.

With Robert holding out for a led zeppelin tour in favor of Alison kruass tour ,may be jimmy and the band could look at a "rock star" style format ;like INXS did to replace Michael Hutchence at lest they could pick a new vocalist as this waiting around for Robert ;to make up his mind is like torture.

Yeah. Shania Twain's available.

shania twain ;thats interesting she's got a big patch of land in New Zealand.the place she brought is in a place called wanaka .Some of the lord of the rings was filmed around that area and you might be on too something here! as "tolkien "mythology could be what the boys and girls need to kick start some zeppelin material .Oh did I say girls oh yes maybe she could invite her mate Alison to sing with her on the next studio recording of led zeppelin and give Robert a free ticket to the opening night off the led zeppelin tour .thanks for that great idea shania 1;: Robert 0;:

With Robert holding out for a led zeppelin tour in favor of Alison kruass tour ,may be jimmy and the band could look at a "rock star" style format ;like INXS did to replace Michael Hutchence at lest they could pick a new vocalist as this waiting around for Robert ;to make up his mind is like torture.

Well, in all fairness, Robert's outing with Alison was booked well before the reunion, so I wouldn't call it "holding out". Robert's just following his muse, as he has for the last 28 years. Remeber, like Ozzy, he's been solo longer than he was with the band he's known for. The Ahmet tribute was in his heart a fitting close to the Zeppelin story. And while he hasn't ruled out the odd get together in the future, he's sticking to his principles. Also, "Jimmy and the band" are really just Page and Jones, and it was in fact Jones who was the lone holdout for the reunion. I'd love for them to work together again in the future, but not as Led Zeppelin. Hell, we had fierce debate on the old forum about whether having Jason should be Led Zep! But yeah, Jimmy, John Paul and Jason. Three Js and a hole card. Sure, why not?

BTW, has any post-Hutchence INXS really been relevant? :lol:

well INXS made a lot of money .Is that relevant enough to "KICK"start a band again.although the Hutchence family have started legal proceedings against INXS.I suppose when your a dead singer the family wants a piece of the pie.

I guess the real question is whether the work with the new singer earned money on its own merit, or whether they were trading on what came before it. Personally, I wouldn't know, as I'm not a big fan of the group. That said, I think Robert Plant might possibly be a bit more crucial element in a band called Led Zeppelin! :lol:

It's like Queen with Paul Rodgers. Would I go? Sure I would! Would I buy the album? Probably. But is it really Queen? No, it isn't. Not in my heart. I'm sure Hutchence fans would probably feel the same. More a celebration of a band than the actual band. And I see nothing wrong with that. I say call it what it is and enjoy the fact that it's there to be enjoyed! Know what I mean?

It's like U2 without Bono, if you can imagine that. :beer:

I guess the real question is whether the work with the new singer earned money on its own merit, or whether they were trading on what came before it. Personally, I wouldn't know, as I'm not a big fan of the group. That said, I think Robert Plant might possibly be a bit more crucial element in a band called Led Zeppelin! :lol:

It's like Queen with Paul Rodgers. Would I go? Sure I would! Would I buy the album? Probably. But is it really Queen? No, it isn't. Not in my heart. I'm sure Hutchence fans would probably feel the same. More a celebration of a band than the actual band. And I see nothing wrong with that. I say call it what it is and enjoy the fact that it's there to be enjoyed! Know what I mean?

It's like U2 without Bono, if you can imagine that. :beer:

I don't think Queen views it as Queen. IF you notice, it's always Queen + Paul Rodgers on the bill. They're not calling it just Queen. They're saying this is Queen with the world-famous Paul Rodgers as the singer. And if I'm not mistaken, they do old Paul Rodgers and Bad Company songs as well as Queen. It's not like Lynyrd Skynyrd replacing the entire band and just calling it Lynyrd Skynyrd, or Styx replacing the lead singer and calling it Styx.

What a joke that was. The only reason the guy won was because he sounded the closest to Hutchence. These guys knew they weren't going to make any significant new music and were just cashing in on the reality craze and a chance to make some easy money. And how about Supernova? Man, that took off like a lead..., well you get the picture. I'm glad they didn't bring that show back for a third season.

Although I wouldnt mine a new 'LZ' singer, I wouldnt want it like the 'rock star' format, i dont want my favourite band cheapened that way.

I'd say get Logan Plant. Maybe Jimmy's son plays the guitar and he could fill in when pops gets tired. And I wouldn't be surprised if one of Jonesy's daughters were musically inclined. So, there you have it. Led Zeppelin v.2 (or Led Zeppelin, The Next Generation)

Only kidding, that's ridiculous. As it has been stated, many bands have undergone personnel changes. But, for the most part, it was while the band was still active. At this point, my attitude is that if Robert (or Jimmy or Jonesy) isn't a part of it, it isn't Led Zeppelin to me. It's Jimmy's band, and he can do what he wants, and I will be the first in line, but I want as complete a Led Zeppelin as there is.

I have to admit that one, two or three of the surviving members using the Led Zeppelin name for any further commitments, leaves a funny taste in my mouth. This is by no means a slight on Jason but, no Bonzo means no Led Zeppelin to me. I think that the remaining members and whoever else they wish to have join them could and would be better off to carry on under a different name. They could all continue with other projects and could still tour as a band if they wished and when they wished. To me the name is a far bigger problem for any future projects than the lack of a lead singer. Maybe Robert would feel more comfortable with this type of project.

Yeah. Shania Twain's available.

Good one, Styrbjorn. :)

She and Mutt have called it a day.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...amp;p=z559857y6

He'll probably go back to producing again.

I was surprised that he hasn't worked with Def Leppard for a while.

It'll be interesting to see if Page, JPJ and Jason will do an album without Robert.

They could call it the music of Led Zeppelin.

R B)

The thought of there being a Rockstar style show for Zep gives me the shivers. It would easily be the worst thing to happen to Zeppelin and their legacy, since Bonzo's death.

The first season w/INXS was somewhat bearable, b/c they seemed to always be attempting mainstream success, and I'm not a big fan, so seeing them do somethin so ridiculous didn't bother me.

The second season with Gilby Clarke, Tommy Lee, and Jason Newsted, with Dave Navarro upping the choadiness as host, was prolly one of the worst things for the credibility of everyone involved.

If Page, Jones, and Bonham make an album, it almost has to have Robert. It just wouldn't make sense any other way.

Hopefully SteveAJones is right about the new music, and the material that they have worked on impresses 'ol Bob enough, as he is really the only one with anything to lose.

The second season with Gilby Clarke, Tommy Lee, and Jason Newsted, with Dave Navarro upping the choadiness as host, was prolly one of the worst things for the credibility of everyone involved.

I really wasnt impressed with the second series seemed very cheap however I'd be interested to hear any of 'Supernova's' stuff, a band with members of Metallica, Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue is destined to be great.

Has there been any news of this at all because since the end of the series there has been nothing about this band.

I really wasnt impressed with the second series seemed very cheap however I'd be interested to hear any of 'Supernova's' stuff, a band with members of Metallica, Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue is destined to be great.

Has there been any news of this at all because since the end of the series there has been nothing about this band.

They released an album. The song that the singer wrote was their first single. "Headspin" was the name of it I think. Talk about a bonehead move.

Oh yeah, they had to change their name from Supernova(another band had the name) and they chose to simply add Rock Star to the beginning. I read an interview and Gilby was hopin people would call them by just their original moniker, but apparently they didn't have any fans, as they disappeared pretty fast.

Although I wouldnt mine a new 'LZ' singer, I wouldnt want it like the 'rock star' format, i dont want my favourite band cheapened that way.

My very strong opinion is that replacing any of the 3 surviving members must = a new band with a different name. I don't think Led Zeppelin would carry on as such unless all of the surviving members were participating anyway; especially not as Led Zeppelin with another singer. I just don't see them doing that at all; that would be sacrilege. :(

However Jason as drummer still = Led Zeppelin.

My very strong opinion is that replacing any of the 3 surviving members must = a new band with a different name. I don't think Led Zeppelin would carry on as such unless all of the surviving members were participating anyway; especially not as Led Zeppelin with another singer. I just don't see them doing that at all; that would be sacrilege. :(

However Jason as drummer still = Led Zeppelin.

I can see what everyone is saying as far as the name of led zeppelin for led zeppelin NAME sake go's .(if that makes sense)but the main "ingredient" for the musical /chemistry success in led zeppelin was the way that they "clicked"when playing together .That in it self is a rare feat as there's not many groups around that can create that sort of musical "Click" as the 3 j's do.In the past jimmy has played some average songs ,which have not been done any" justice" because of the vocalists that he has used during his solo career (maybe except David coverdale)the same goes for john paul jones .It is the singer that brings the musicians music to "life" .I believe that the majority of fans would be quite happy/OVER JOYED to hear something NEW from these talented musicians with or without the golden god up front.As someone else has said a true acoustic/ blues/or Celtic folk song album/recording (with or without a vocalist)would be a real treat.

Brilliant idea, misty mountain. I'll be watching to see if forum member Samo makes the final cut. ;)

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived