The Beer Thread

Mattmc1973

I've tried a few pumpkin beers in the past but never really liked them. This year I tried the Dogfish Head Punkin Ale...and it's fabulous!! A friend also recommended Buffalo Bills Pumpkin Ale but I haven't had a chance to go out and get any yet.

Oh, and Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween to you as well. This Wee Heavy... is :D

i bought some past date beer today...hey i'm drinking it. they know once you start drinking a few, that your not going to drive back to get fresh beer.

I did that a couple of years ago, thought the beer tasted a bit sour and the 'best by date' was a YEAR previous !!! (dummy me)

Barfola !!!!!!!

I took it back in a few days as the nearest liquor store that I bought it at was 40 miles away. They let me exchange it. Most of the beer I drink has either born on or expiration dates which are 4 months after they're brewed. Think of how many people drink a beer and think the skanky taste is supposed to be in it. YUCK !

I did that a couple of years ago, thought the beer tasted a bit sour and the 'best by date' was a YEAR previous !!! (dummy me)

Barfola !!!!!!!

I took it back in a few days as the nearest liquor store that I bought it at was 40 miles away. They let me exchange it. Most of the beer I drink has either born on or expiration dates which are 4 months after they're brewed. Think of how many people drink a beer and think the skanky taste is supposed to be in it. YUCK !

Oh yeah...actually this is less than a month old, just loosing its fizz fast. 40 miles...damn, that makes me think twice of wishing i was living in a rural area.

In regards to the skanky taste..with molson goldens, every once in a while you get a beer thats a bit off, but it just tastes like a heinekin. so ofcourse ya keep drinkin. i've been with folks who catch those beers and said the same thing.

Oh yeah...actually this is less than a month old, just loosing its fizz fast. 40 miles...damn, that makes me think twice of wishing i was living in a rural area.

In regards to the skanky taste..with molson goldens, every once in a while you get a beer thats a bit off, but it just tastes like a heinekin. so ofcourse ya keep drinkin. i've been with folks who catch those beers and said the same thing.

I loved the rural area. I could get Bud down the street at the tavern but preferred a better brew. I would always get a couple of sixes while out so I wasn't without some good beer to drink. :D Don't think twice about the rural areas, just stock up and check the expiration dates. <_<

Viva la country !!!!

I loved the rural area. I could get Bud down the street at the tavern but preferred a better brew. I would always get a couple of sixes while out so I wasn't without some good beer to drink. :D Don't think twice about the rural areas, just stock up and check the expiration dates. <_<

Viva la country !!!!

Cheers!

Whoa, skanky beer is the worst. Last week my neighbour asked me to try a beer that he was not sure about. He wasn't sure if the sour bitter taste was what it was supposed to taste like. I took a sip, spat it out and suggested that he go and have his freaking head examined :D . His wife thought it was funny

Tonight's selection is Bear Republic's Pete Brown Tribute Ale. Pours dark brown with a thin, creamy head. Very rich, caramel flavor. Quite pleasant. Not sure it's available everywhere, but a friend told me about it, so when I saw it in my local store, I grabbed one. Glad I did!

OMG. Talk about Nasty....We thought we'd give our Wasatch Breweries new beer: The Devastator, a try on Election night. 8% alcohol.

I tasted it but caca, way too strong. Kicks ya though..haha

I stuck to champange, and I'm such a lightweight these days I didn't even polish a bottle.

Tonight's selection is Bear Republic's Pete Brown Tribute Ale. Pours dark brown with a thin, creamy head. Very rich, caramel flavor. Quite pleasant. Not sure it's available everywhere, but a friend told me about it, so when I saw it in my local store, I grabbed one. Glad I did!

I'm wondering if the one you are talking about is a dressed up version of Pete's Wicked Brown Ale. If not, give it a try. eees good ;)

I'm wondering if the one you are talking about is a dressed up version of Pete's Wicked Brown Ale. If not, give it a try. eees good ;)

I like Pete's Wicked. I haven't seen a brown by them, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for it.

This is a beer from Bear Republic Brewing. I've had - and love - their Racer 5 Ale. A friend suggested this brew a while ago, but I thought it was a one and done. I saw a bottle at my local store last month, so I grabbed it.

In addition to the caramel flavor, as it warms a bit, I'm picking up a coffee flavor too. Really tasty!

I like Pete's Wicked. I haven't seen a brown by them, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for it.

This is a beer from Bear Republic Brewing. I've had - and love - their Racer 5 Ale. A friend suggested this brew a while ago, but I thought it was a one and done. I saw a bottle at my local store last month, so I grabbed it.

In addition to the caramel flavor, as it warms a bit, I'm picking up a coffee flavor too. Really tasty!

Then you'd like Pete's Wicked. Sounds similar. The taste of coffee is very nice in an ale :D

What a surprise finding you on this thread Ally. LOL. Look for me in the stands Wednesday night. Ill be between the goal and the blue line and drinking the Blue Moonies! If they have it. Otherwise Ill drink Molsen. Sabres vs St Louis. Go Sabres and drink up!!!!!

;) Good seats !

:beer: You can save your thanks's ... and try a pint of (black country) Banks's :thumbsup:

http://www.bankssbeer.co.uk/

I definitely should be paid a royalty for that plug :D

Thanks for the link ! Why is it that English brewery's can deliver a great tasting beer without having a high alc. content ? It's something that North American brewery's need to learn. Enough of the lite beer crap. I want the taste but maybe not alway's the alc.

Thanks for the link ! Why is it that English brewery's can deliver a great tasting beer without having a high alc. content ? It's something that North American brewery's need to learn. Enough of the lite beer crap. I want the taste but maybe not alway's the alc.

:beer: I'll go along with that - personally, I do find the lager type beers a refreshing change once in a while, but you just can't beat a good old fashioned tasty English Ale.

:beer: I'll go along with that - personally, I do find the lager type beers a refreshing change once in a while, but you just can't beat a good old fashioned tasty English Ale.

Agreed ! It's not so much the lagers that I'm referring to though. Ales with a lower alc content is something I have never seen here unless it's an imported English. Maybe I need to look a little harder :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived