Is there anybody out there?

Henrik

I personally HATE the word "overrated".

So do I(and I know I've been guilty of using it in the past, I try not to anymore).

Calling something overrated is putting your own opinion on a pedestal above all others. Rather arrogant, methinks.

That's just how I feel, anyway. Sorry if I offend anybody.

Agree with a lot of what bigstickbonzo says... Animals, WYWH and Obscured By Clouds are my most listened to Floydian albums...

OBC is a great little album... Much overlooked.

Also, any show from 75-77 is a must I'd say too... Gilmour's live solos are magic.

Calling something overrated is putting your own opinion on a pedestal above all others. Rather arrogant, methinks.

Respectfully noted... At the same time though, why suppress your opinions..? You then run the risk of just being in a room full of sycophants and 'yes men', all agreeing because they don't want to upset anyone... Hardly an honest environment.

Ok, so let's get this started.

Animals! Much better than the overrated WYWH and DSOTM, my fav is The Wall, such and outstanding masterpiece. :thumbsup:

OMFG!!!!!! :( The Wall???????? The WORST "rock" album in rock history......the true Floyd ARE and WILL REMAIN psychedelic, not disco crap!!! :)

VIVA "CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE EUGENE"

Rob

OMFG!!!!!! :( The Wall???????? The WORST "rock" album in rock history......the true Floyd ARE and WILL REMAIN psychedelic, not disco crap!!! :)

Rob

They did come up with some great song titles..."Several Small Furry Animals in a Cave Grooving With a Pict" springs to mind as the most strangest title ever :)

At first I didn't like the wall.... now i cant stop listening to it... my top 5 would be:

The Wall

DSOTM

Animals

Meddle

WYWH

The Wall sometimes a little too much ranting,sound gimmicks and pretentious for me.I think Rogers Waters went a little overboard with this human alienation theme that began with Dark Side of the Moon

Rob

Disco? :lol:

I'm currently digging a vinyl boot from 1970 that I bought at a record fair, it's called "The Swinging Pig"... Amazing STCFTHOTS.

The Wall sometimes a little too much ranting,sound gimmicks and pretentious for me.I think Rogers Waters went a little overboard with this human alienation theme that began with Dark Side of the Moon

well at first I hated The Wall... whenever i started playing it i just changed the cd.... but then i went on like 2 weeks only listening to pink floyd and gave it a beginning to end finish.

The cd just flows so perfectly from one song to the other, thats what sold me on the album. Of course there are some of the songs i dont like, but in the end I just start it and continue to the end.. non stop.

• 3 weeks later...

I think my favorite album is Piper. I love Syd Barrett. Second place would be the Wall and third would be Wish You Were Here. I'm not a terribly huge fan of Dark Side of the Moon when compared to their other works. But its a good album, definitely.

I think my favorite album is Piper. I love Syd Barrett. Second place would be the Wall and third would be Wish You Were Here. I'm not a terribly huge fan of Dark Side of the Moon when compared to their other works. But its a good album, definitely.

Yeah man, Piper is a great album. I too love Syd, who knows what would've happened if he had stuck around..

Ah, I love the Floyd, and am especially a Gilmour fan.

Some background...I saw Floyd in '94 at the Pontiac Silverdome. In January 2002 I went to London and saw David Gilmour at the Royal Festival Hall, doing his unplugged show. And in 2006 I went up to Toronto and saw him on his "On An Island" tour. All were awesome.

Earlier in this thread, someone talked about 'Obscured By Clouds', and I have to agree, a very underrated album. Because it was recorded quickly as a soundtrack album, it's not layered or as thought out as their more known conceptual pieces. So it has a looser, rockier feel, and it's a great change of pace.

As far as Dark Side Of The Moon, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some are just more stupid than others. 5th best selling album of all time, 40 million copies sold, etc. And beyond the numbers, it's widely acknowledged as a masterpiece.

'Meddle' is a great album, with Echoes probably being Floyd's best overall song. Seeing Dave perform it last year in Toronto was magic.

That's all for now!

Archived