Is there anybody out there?

Henrik

Ok, so let's get this started.

Animals! Much better than the overrated WYWH and DSOTM, my fav is The Wall, such and outstanding masterpiece. :thumbsup:

love, Love, LOVE Animals!! Totally underappreciated by most of the world. The Wall is in a class all of its own and stands at the top of my fav PF albums.

The Wall

Animals

WYWH

DSOTM

Meddle

Final Cut

Roger Waters' Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking is outstanding. It was the alternative to the Wall. The band felt it was too far out and so PF collectively did the Wall and RW did P&CoHH

love, Love, LOVE Animals!! Totally underappreciated by most of the world. The Wall is in a class all of its own and stands at the top of my fav PF albums.

The Wall

Animals

WYWH

DSOTM

Meddle

Final Cut

Roger Waters' Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking is outstanding. It was the alternative to the Wall. The band felt it was too far out and so PF collectively did the Wall and RW did P&CoHH

the Final cut is really a RW album with the PF members playing on it.

I have a particular fondness for Obscured by Clouds, Meddle, Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Dark Side. I agree with ledded1, The Wall isn't even in my collection. I was burned out on Another Brick in the Wall the first time I heard it.

I never saw them back in the 70s, but in '94 and they were alright, but really missed Roger Waters.

DSoTM is pretty much 'Us and Them' and 'Time' with filler tunes.

The Wall would have been an awesome single album; it kinda drags on. Actually, them breaking up (somewhat...) came at a good time to preserve their legacy.

Syd era Floyd is apparently a different band to most, a la Peter Greens FMac.

'Piper' is a groovy lil album.

Could be the dumbest statement ever made.

Really?

Dude, you've never watched Fox News?

Lucky....

Anyways, you're right.

Your masterly wit and innovative use of exposing three separate logical fallacies has now convinced me that Great Gig in The Sky isn't just some woman screeching aimlessly for 5 minutes.

Animals is fab! Deffo the most underrated of the 70s albums. It still sounds very fresh (and very angry) with some of Fat Dave's best-ever guitar playing, and some top-notch lyric writing from Captain Bombastic.

The first gig I ever went to, at the tender age of 14, was one of the Animals shows at the Empire Pool in Wembley in March '77. It blew me away!

The Wall is pretty terrible, although the stage shows in '80 and '81 were a vast improvement on the record.

They used to be my #1 guns... now I don't listen to them much anymore.

My favorites:

Piper

Ummagumma (live) soooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooood. B)

Meddle

WYWH

Animals

and parts of DSOTM and The Wall.

Yeah, DSOTM is plagued with some filler, but I think that Breathe, Brain Damage, and Eclipse are some of the best filler ever written.

It's probably The Wall for me (although my favourite Floyd track would be echoes). I saw The Wall at Earl's Court in '80 and it was fabulous As a spectacle it's probably the best concert I've seen.

The little gathering in Hertfordshire the year before beats it hands down as my best concert.

This is insanity, and that's being polite.

My opinion of DsoTM is far more exciting than DSoTM.

Now allow me to quote an immortal line from Great Gig in The Sky:

"AAAAAhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh....AAAAhhhhAAAAHhhhhh"

x 5 min

The Man and The Journey is my favorite thing from them. 'Behold the Temple of Light' is especially kickass. Viva bootlegs.

Viva bootlegs.

Second that!!!

Animals is so underrated for 1 reason. Gilmour and Wright never really talk about it. Animals was the beginning of the breakup between Dave, Rick and Rog. It's the album's 30th anniversary, but they did no plans AT ALL with it.

Animals is top of my list.

I was lucky enough to see Roger Waters at the MEN Manchester in the summer. What a stunning concert complete with a large remote controlled flying pig. Played the whole DSOTM during the second half of the set.

Finest gig I have ever been to. :D:D

Second that!!!

Animals is so underrated for 1 reason. Gilmour and Wright never really talk about it. Animals was the beginning of the breakup between Dave, Rick and Rog. It's the album's 30th anniversary, but they did no plans AT ALL with it.

Well said, apparantly every 77 show was recorded directly from the desk to a Nakamanchi tape deck and some were multi-tracked, there must be something worth releasing. Yes, Genesis, Zep etc have/are releasing live stuff. Floyd are notorious for not liking bootlegs, well c'mon then give us something.......anything. I'm afraid a boxed set of albums that we already have with replica vinyl covers doesnt do it.

Animals live was an awesome piece of work, as was the 77 wywh set. But if they say the BBC recordings are not up to scratch (particulary the live 70/71/74 ones) then what hope do we have for two track soundboards...............absolutely none at all.

Rant over, now where are those Harvested CDR's.

Archived