Best guitarist in the world

Speed Racer

love em all guys thanks for the links!! :D thoroughly enjoying these tunes.

Best guitarist? I don't freakin know I do love yalls picks though! My favorite, jimmy.

I really enjoy steve winwood too--he is a guitarist right :rolleyes:

and randy and slash and kurt and oh hell the list would be quite lengthy

ohhh and lest not forget Jimi--ohhhh yeahhhh I really love him too!!

john mclaughlin is really one of the best around for what he does

steve morse is another who is at the top of the list

They can play any style, can read and write music and very nice people, too. :)

R B)

This type of thread is getting beat to death. Best Guitarist ever? Are you joking? What type of response do you think you will be getting here?

This is a Led-Zeppelin forum. Who is their guitarist?

Enough with these threads.

And there is no "Best" guitarist. We all know it's personal taste.

This type of thread is getting beat to death. Best Guitarist ever? Are you joking? What type of response do you think you will be getting here?

This is a Led-Zeppelin forum. Who is their guitarist?

Enough with these threads.

And there is no "Best" guitarist. We all know it's personal taste.

Well said.

I have several favourites myself.

john mclaughlin is really one of the best around for what he does

steve morse is another who is at the top of the list

They can play any style, can read and write music and very nice people, too. :)

R B)

I've heard Mclaughlan many times, and Vai :) Both very talented musicians. Probably have their own choices too.

I saw Stevie Ray open for Plant before he was big and now famous. But ask yourself, if he had not died tragically, would he be that big? I say no. Death makes many a celeb bigger than life. Page is the best guitarist to ever walk this earth. Period. Hands down. Not even close. Seen him, see Vaughn, next I wouldl have to give it to Clapton and then Hendrix who along with Rhodes could have done God knows what. But they didn''t have enough material or longevity to be compared to Jimmy. Look at all the differant tunings Page wrote songs with. The man was so ahead of his time. He is untouchable. I play the guitar, took theory, started on piano. And why do I say this? So I can't be accused of having knowlege of music only in a listening sense. I know and understand complexity in playing and in writing. Page is the best of all time.

I've seen both more than once. I think if anything Stevie Ray Vaughn is understated as far as celebrity status. And if anything Page would be overblown. But this was all part of the Page/Grant machine. I'm a huge Page fan also and really on many days I may feel the same. I just don't tie myself down to one guitarist. Stevie Ray did some awesome things and so does Page.

As far as a food fight of anything this wasn't created to be anything of the sort. I feel there's plenty of room for both and if memory recalls Page was also a Stevie Ray fan. I feel many see Led Zeppelin as the greatest band. However as far as playing by themselves. Your gonna see people picking others, and who knows I was probably watching some really hot SRV video. It's SRV's speed that impressed me mixed with the style. Thusly the idea for the thread. Watching him swap guitars during a string break without a twitch of an eye is amazing.

Where did you study and for how long :)

Nigel Tufnel

PERIOD

I second that. #2 Stevie Ray. But Pagey's guitar army can't be beat. So to me Pagey qualifies as the best guitaristS....now that almost sounds like something Nigel might say :unsure:

• 8 months later...

Archived