DID LED ZEPPELIN EVER RECORD A BAD ALBUM DURING THEIR REIGN?

We all have our opinions on quality of performance. I could point to many shows that were NOT consistent with their outstanding performances, then again, it's all opinion. And I personally wouldn't use Pink Floyd as a barometer to gauge with as far as mixing up their setlist's and using different arrangements each show/tour.

I said they were consistent, not consistently brilliant.

I said they were consistent, not consistently brilliant.

Weaseling! :lol:

I love Led Zeppelin and I agree they never did a bad album. Coda can't be truly considered an album so I'll rule that out, even as my least favorite release. But I'll still maintain my opinion that In Through the Out Door was mediocre.

There are albums that just don't work for me (ITTOD and Coda specifically) but they are by no means bad.

Then again, you're asking on a Zep site. What answer do you think you'll get? :D

There were a few songs on In Through the Out Door and Coda that weren't so good. Bad albums? They were mediocre in my opinion.

A consensus of two! B)

There are albums that just don't work for me (ITTOD and Coda specifically) but they are by no means bad.

Then again, you're asking on a Zep site. What answer do you think you'll get? :D

Maybe someone should ask that on a punk forum...

The answer is: NO!

How surprising, we're repeating ourselves here.

• 1 month later...
No bad Albums! CODA can't be considered a true album, but as far as the fresh stuff for that time period I loved wearing and tearing, and ozone baby! Presence was a matter of circumstances, but what Zep fan can do w/out everything on it except for "Royal Orleans" and "Hot's on for nowhere"?

How's it going "Johnnie Gestappo?" Coda is considered an outtakes album filled with songs that did not make it on their albums. Presence was recorded while Plant was still in a wheelchair. Its a miracle that Presence was even made as quickly as it was considering the circumstances. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Johnnie Gestappo?" Coda is considered an outtakes album filled with songs that did not make it on their albums. Presence was recorded while Plant was still in a wheelchair. Its a miracle that Presence was even made as quickly as it was considering the circumstances. ROCK ON!

Yeah, I actually enjoyed most of Coda, and read up on where everthing came from. Were gonna Groove is awesome! I liked Walters Walk, I don't know if anyone else does. Poor Tom is cute, and pretty good. I know Wearing/Ozone were supposed to be put out on an E.P pre Knebworth, but it didn't happen. I can't quit you, one of my faves. I just don't like people considering it a "Real" album. Presence, wouldn't have been rushed if Plant hadn't broke his leg. I think after touring and taking their time we would have possibly had on of the best Zep albums ever. Any thoughts on that?

I'd say no, and I wouldn't really include 'Coda'. 'Coda' was simply a compilation of tracks they recorded over the years that never made it onto their regular issues. In a pure sense of the album rock of the time, 'Coda' wasn't really an "Album" at all. The tracks date from '69 through '80, if I remember correctly.

I recall there are at least two great songs on 'Coda'. One has that bluesy"baury waury wrow" Mississippi Negro guitar sound to it. (Can't remember the name 'cause 'Coda' is the one album I don't have.) It got ripped off!

Yeah, I actually enjoyed most of Coda, and read up on where everthing came from. Were gonna Groove is awesome! I liked Walters Walk, I don't know if anyone else does. Poor Tom is cute, and pretty good. I know Wearing/Ozone were supposed to be put out on an E.P pre Knebworth, but it didn't happen. I can't quit you, one of my faves. I just don't like people considering it a "Real" album. Presence, wouldn't have been rushed if Plant hadn't broke his leg. I think after touring and taking their time we would have possibly had on of the best Zep albums ever. Any thoughts on that?

How's it going "Johnnie Gestappo?" I agree with you, I do not consider Coda a legitimate album. Actually, "Wearing And Tearing," "Ozone Baby" and "Darlene" were originally supposed to be on the IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR album but didn't make it. I'll never know why.

As for Presence, I think that the band's idea was to get a depressed Robert Plant in the studio right away and keep him busy by recording. I do agree with you again though that if Presence wasn't rushed, it could have been a much better album. But then again, that's only speculation. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Johnnie Gestappo?" I agree with you, I do not consider Coda a legitimate album. Actually, "Wearing And Tearing," "Ozone Baby" and "Darlene" were originally supposed to be on the IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR album but didn't make it. I'll never know why.

whassup, ZFF!

i don't understand why songs recorded for 'houses of the holy' weren't put on that album. they did help make physical graffitti the best album of all time, though.....

Archived