WHAT SHOULD WE ALL DO TO CELEBRATE THE ANNIVERSARY OF LED ZEPPELIN'S TWO PERFORMANCES AT KNEBWORTH?

What should we all do to celebrate LED ZEPPELIN'S two legendary historic concerts that they performed at the KNEBWORTH FESTIVAL on 4 August 1979 and 11 August 1979? I ask all of you, my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics, what do you think? ROCK ON!

you should, at the very least, go to this thread: knebworth and click on the link that pageangel made available. if in england, go to the exhibit and if you can't make it, please contribute to help raise money for jimmy and jimena's charity for brazilian children.

next, go to the 'photos' section of this forum, use the search funtion to find 'knebworth photos' and see if the pics that my buddy bigdan took are still there. they are awesome.

then, can we persuade you to play some led zeppelin-maybe create a disc that has the zeppelin setlist from those days and play them in order? (if you don't have *ahem* a recording of such date).

how's that for a start?

you should, at the very least, go to this thread: knebworth and click on the link that pageangel made available. if in england, go to the exhibit and if you can't make it, please contribute to help raise money for jimmy and jimena's charity for brazilian children.

next, go to the 'photos' section of this forum, use the search funtion to find 'knebworth photos' and see if the pics that my buddy bigdan took are still there. they are awesome.

then, can we persuade you to play some led zeppelin-maybe create a disc that has the zeppelin setlist from those days and play them in order? (if you don't have *ahem* a recording of such date).

how's that for a start?

Great recommendations! I was also thinking along the lines of going to my favorite bar and play both shows that I have on DVD. That way I can get totally blitzed and talk about both shows with my friends and aquaintances. ROCK ON!

how's that for a start?

these pics have all been deleted......... :unsure:

What should we all do to celebrate LED ZEPPELIN'S two legendary historic concerts that they performed at the KNEBWORTH FESTIVAL on 4 August 1979 and 11 August 1979? I ask all of you, my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics, what do you think? ROCK ON!

sacrifice a virgin.

sacrifice a virgin.

Where can you find one of those these days? They are rarer that positive comments about Robert Plant from the scs/planet51/steam15 guy here.

I shall go to the Zep exhibition at Knebworth Park. B)

Not been back there since 79.

Why should we have to do something?

Good question. I figured that it would be appropriate to celebrate both of ZEPPELIN'S historic performances at KNEBWORTH because of the obvious reason, WE ALL LOVE ZEPPELIN! Maybe if we push for it, we can make both dates into a U.S. holiday. (Just wishful thinking!) ROCK ON!

I'm not going to to anything (the Knebworth shows were nothing special)...........but this post has just reminded me that 11th of August 1979 was the last time me and the wife slept in a tent.......'mazin hey.........

I'm not going to to anything (the Knebworth shows were nothing special)...........but this post has just reminded me that 11th of August 1979 was the last time me and the wife slept in a tent.......'mazin hey.........

Thats a good reason to celebrate. ROCK ON!

I listened to the knebworth show on vinyl to celebrate the show in december. So maybe i should bust out the turntable and spin those records again.

I really think this show should be released on cd, or dvd. Great line up of songs, representing their catalogue and some great performances.

I listened to the knebworth show on vinyl to celebrate the show in december. So maybe i should bust out the turntable and spin those records again.

I really think this show should be released on cd, or dvd. Great line up of songs, representing their catalogue and some great performances.

I do agree! KNEBWORTH did produce some of ZEPPELIN'S greatest moments and live performances ever. I have both shows on DVD with excellent picture and sound quality. I am planning to go to my favorite bar and have the owner (A good friend of mine.) show both shows on the big screen TV. I did that one time and the bar flooded up due to the unexpected loyal ZEPPELIN fans that turned up. I was loving it all and really into the moment. Everyone loved it. ROCK ON!

I do agree! KNEBWORTH did produce some of ZEPPELIN'S greatest moments and live performances ever. I have both shows on DVD with excellent picture and sound quality. I am planning to go to my favorite bar and have the owner (A good friend of mine.) show both shows on the big screen TV. I did that one time and the bar flooded up due to the unexpected loyal ZEPPELIN fans that turned up. I was loving it all and really into the moment. Everyone loved it. ROCK ON!

How cool is that! god bless the local bars like that. cheers. :D

Thank you for reminding me of the dates. I may just watch it. I have one of the shows on DVD (other than the '03 one). I'll think of something.

No problem aen27! Thats what ZEPPELIN fans and friends are for. Enjoy the show! ROCK ON!

And thanks to you middlezep for the complement. I kind of like doing things like that. Two of my friends (Bar owners) and many fellow ZEPPELIN fans are expecting me at two of my favorite bars on Monday, 4 August 2008 and the following Monday, 11 August 2008 at STACY'S SPORTS BAR and BICYCLE CLUB. Looks like I'm going to try to get those two Tuesdays off the day after to recuperate. ROCK ON!

Archived