Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

Like where?

I don't know, babe. Where do you usually go? All we ever hear about here on the forum is how you go 1)to movies, 2)to Harbourfront, and 3)to the Sushi place for Bento Box. Surely you can think of something else to do in the great city of Toronto that doesn't involve those three places? Maybe hop into your car and cruise around a bit, until you see something that looks like somewhere you'd want to go, or something you'd want to do. FIND something.

Ok, I had to google this for you--according to the official city of Toronto website, "The City of Toronto is the cultural, entertainment and financial capital of Canada." There has GOT to be something you can do for fun. Here is the current events calendar: Events Calendar

I don't know, babe. Where do you usually go? All we ever hear about here on the forum is how you go 1)to movies, 2)to Harbourfront, and 3)to the Sushi place for Bento Box. Surely you can think of something else to do in the great city of Toronto that doesn't involve those three places? Maybe hop into your car and cruise around a bit, until you see something that looks like somewhere you'd want to go, or something you'd want to do. FIND something.

Ok, I had to google this for you--according to the official city of Toronto website, "The City of Toronto is the cultural, entertainment and financial capital of Canada." There has GOT to be something you can do for fun. Here is the current events calendar: Events Calendar

Thanks Bonnie for going to the effort of doing that. :D I don't believe what they say about Toronto though. This city is extremely overrated.

You are right lately it's been the movies and Harbourfront i have been going to. I have been taking a break from the clubs. Too demoralizing. But that Sushi place and this other place i go to for Burgers is my favorite places to go to eat. But you can't really meet pretty women there.

I just don't know a lot of other places that i would enjoy. I wish my friends would have more parties. I met that girl quickly that new years party pretty fast. Maybe that type of thing could happen again.

Thanks Bonnie for going to the effort of doing that. :D I don't believe what they say about Toronto though. This city is extremely overrated.

You are right lately it's been the movies and Harbourfront i have been going to. I have been taking a break from the clubs. Too demoralizing. But that Sushi place and this other place i go to for Burgers is my favorite places to go to eat. But you can't really meet pretty women there.

I just don't know a lot of other places that i would enjoy. I wish my friends would have more parties. I met that girl quickly that new years party pretty fast. Maybe that type of thing could happen again.

Spats, I'm really trying to work with you here, but you say you aren't too great looking yourself, so why hold that against women? You don't pick what you look like, you are born with it. Try being more outgoing, just say hi to a stranger on the street. It doesn't even have to be a chick, if saying hi to some guy is easier for you, start there. Just take little steps to being more friendly and outgoing. Would you do that for me, please?

Spats...you know how you are always trashing Toronto? To quote a friend of mine....

"So like, Jimmy, Jack White, the Edge, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and who knows who else are going to the 9:15PM movie premiere of "It Might Get Loud" in Toronto Friday night. What else is going on that weekend....Siversun Pickups and Oasis play the island on Sunday and The Fratellis and the Foo Fighters be playing on the island's Virgin Music Festival for Saturday night...Plus free shows will be happening during the TIFF movie festival (second only to Cannes in star power attendance) at the downtown Yonge/Dundas square. Heck, Rush's guitarist is part owner of a club called the Orbit Room that has been known to put on some off the cuff jams without much notice too. All that movie star & rock star talent in T.O. from Thursday onward should make for an interesting weekend coming up.....Toronto is definitely the place to be next weekend methinks"

Get your butt in gear.... B)

or maybe he took my advice, asked the girl out, got a no thank you, and now he won't come out...i hope he's okay :)

I didn't have the guts to ask her out. But when we were saying our goodbyes I suggested she could have my number and she could call me if she wanted to hang out sometime. ( i thought i was gonna puke. :o ) She seemed cool with that i think and i gave it to her. One of my buddies thinks i did it ass backwards and that i should have asked for her number but it took me enough nerve to give her mine so we'll see what happens. I hope this works because she has the looks and body type i like and she is nice.

Spats...you know how you are always trashing Toronto? To quote a friend of mine....

"So like, Jimmy, Jack White, the Edge, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and who knows who else are going to the 9:15PM movie premiere of "It Might Get Loud" in Toronto Friday night. What else is going on that weekend....Siversun Pickups and Oasis play the island on Sunday and The Fratellis and the Foo Fighters be playing on the island's Virgin Music Festival for Saturday night...Plus free shows will be happening during the TIFF movie festival (second only to Cannes in star power attendance) at the downtown Yonge/Dundas square. Heck, Rush's guitarist is part owner of a club called the Orbit Room that has been known to put on some off the cuff jams without much notice too. All that movie star & rock star talent in T.O. from Thursday onward should make for an interesting weekend coming up.....Toronto is definitely the place to be next weekend methinks"

Absolutely! Isn't Jimmy supposed to show in Toronto too?!

The only time Toronto is exciting is druing that festival. But those names are not guaranteed to be appearing and i don't know if it's a good place to meet pretty women.

Spats, I'm really trying to work with you here, but you say you aren't too great looking yourself, so why hold that against women? You don't pick what you look like, you are born with it. Try being more outgoing, just say hi to a stranger on the street. It doesn't even have to be a chick, if saying hi to some guy is easier for you, start there. Just take little steps to being more friendly and outgoing. Would you do that for me, please?

I don't think i hold it against them but I can't help what i am attracted to, LZ. I don't think most people can change what physically attracts them.

Toronto is not the best city to be saying hi to strangers on the street. It can be a pretty aloof city and you would be opening yourself up to strange looks if one were to do that.

The only time Toronto is exciting is druing that festival. But those names are not guaranteed to be appearing and i don't know if it's a good place to meet pretty women.

Like Spat...what's with the need for a guarantee with everything? Life is about taking some chances. Now let me guess - just on the CHANCE that Jimmy is going to be there (he is) there will be TONS of hot girls!! DUH!!! There's your guarantee :)

The bad part is that Harbourfront season will be wrapping up in early September....In the fall all there will be is the clubs again. <_<

I don't believe what they say about Toronto though. This city is extremely overrated.

Toronto is not the best city to be saying hi to strangers on the street. It can be a pretty aloof city and you would be opening yourself up to strange looks if one were to do that.

You always seem pretty unhappy with where you live. These are not even the first disparaging remarks you have made about Toronto, either. Perhaps you should move? New city=Clean Slate....

I didn't have the guts to ask her out. But when we were saying our goodbyes I suggested she could have my number and she could call me if she wanted to hang out sometime. ( i thought i was gonna puke. :o ) She seemed cool with that i think and i gave it to her. One of my buddies thinks i did it ass backwards and that i should have asked for her number but it took me enough nerve to give her mine so we'll see what happens. I hope this works because she has the looks and body type i like and she is nice.

I am so impressed! I agree with your friend, you should have asked for her number, but at least you made a move! That step may help you in the future. Maybe it gave you just a bit of confidence to do it again the next time you like a girl. In the meantime, i hope she calls you. If she does, you ask her out!

Like Spat...what's with the need for a guarantee with everything? Life is about taking some chances. Now let me guess - just on the CHANCE that Jimmy is going to be there (he is) there will be TONS of hot girls!! DUH!!! There's your guarantee :)

I want guarantees!! I am tired of getting burned on taking risks. You think there will hot girls out for Jimmy??

You always seem pretty unhappy with where you live. These are not even the first disparaging remarks you have made about Toronto, either. Perhaps you should move? New city=Clean Slate....

I agree. I definately need a change of scenery. I would love to move to NY or LA. :D

I am so impressed! I agree with your friend, you should have asked for her number, but at least you made a move! That step may help you in the future. Maybe it gave you just a bit of confidence to do it again the next time you like a girl. In the meantime, i hope she calls you. If she does, you ask her out!

Thanks Tangerine. :D

I think the way i did it was for the best. Because now it puts the ball in her court. Her opportunity to ante up. For her to actually do something. Then i don't feel like i am doing all the work. A give and take thing. And if she does not call then i know for sure she had no interest in me to begin with.

My buddy disagrees, he says women want to be asked out. He says i have put her in the man role and women don't like that. Blah, blah, blah. Well if that's true i don't want a woman like that anyways.

I hope she calls. :D It's been two days and so far nothing.

Thanks Tangerine. :D

I think the way i did it was for the best. Because now it puts the ball in her court. Her opportunity to ante up. For her to actually do something. Then i don't feel like i am doing all the work. A give and take thing. And if she does not call then i know for sure she had no interest in me to begin with.

My buddy disagrees, he says women want to be asked out. He says i have put her in the man role and women don't like that. Blah, blah, blah. Well if that's true i don't want a woman like that anyways.

I hope she calls. :D It's been two days and so far nothing.

Thank GOD the ball is in her court! Your work is done! Sigh of relief....

Actually, good for you Spats, at least you did THAT, which we know is out of your comfort zone. I hope you get a call from her soon!

Archived