Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

For some (i think my excuse) he seems innocent and he is endearing. He brings out the mom/sister in me. For others, he is a challenge! Some give up, others relent, lol. But what always impresses me about Spats is, no matter how mean people are to him, he is always cordial in his response. I admire that (god knows it's hard to do)!!!

I think it's because women have the whole maternal instinct thing going on. We naturally feel the need to care for and nurture those who can't take care of themselves.

I guess for me, he kinda reminds me of my own child, in ways. My son, is extremely bull-headed and stubborn. He will not listen to other peoples ideas or do anything that he does not want to do. Spats is the same way. My son is extremely lazy. He could be sitting at the table, right next to the fridge, and he will call across the apartment for me to get him something out of it. Spats is the same way, he doesn't want to have to do anything in the relationship, ever. But my son is different from Spats, in that at the ripe old age of 7, he is incredibly interested in girls.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's because women have the whole maternal instinct thing going on. We naturally feel the need to care for and nurture those who can't take care of themselves.

I guess for me, he kinda reminds me of my own child, in ways. My son, is extremely bull-headed and stubborn. He will not listen to other peoples ideas or do anything that he does not want to do. Spats is the same way. My son is extremely lazy. He could be sitting at the table, right next to the fridge, and he will call across the apartment for me to get him something out of it. Spats is the same way, he doesn't want to have to do anything in the relationship, ever. But my son is different from Spats, in that at the ripe old age of 7, he is incredibly interested in girls.

Well where did our little boy go? :)

It's possible she may wait to call until she feels she has a reason. For example, if she gets invited to a party and then has an event she can invite you to. She may not be the type of girl to make the first move, and now isn't sure of her role. Well if she doesn't call, but you see her AGAIN, ask her out! You wouldn't feel so much anxiety if you didn't like her for real. You can't go on not knowing.

Well i guess she never found a reason because she never called. This sucks. :angry: But if she is the type that feels the girl shouldn't be doing the calling then good riddance to her.

Why would you accept the damn number if you are not going to call????? :o See, it proves my point that it's too hard to tell if the girl is REALLY interested in you or not. I guess she was just being nice.

Why should i ask her out out if i see her? I gave her my number!!. I thought i was going to throw up when i did that. I was really nervous. :o And what did i get out of it? Nothing. Again.

It's too bad to because she had the looks i like in girls and she was nice. <_<

Well i guess she never found a reason because she never called. This sucks. :angry: But if she is the type that feels the girl shouldn't be doing the calling then good riddance to her.

Why would you accept the damn number if you are not going to call????? :o See, it proves my point that it's too hard to tell if the girl is REALLY interested in you or not. I guess she was just being nice.

Why should i ask her out out if i see her? I gave her my number!!. I thought i was going to throw up when i did that. I was really nervous. :o And what did i get out of it? Nothing. Again.

It's too bad to because she had the looks i like in girls and she was nice. <_<

You don't have enough mojo with the girls to be this picky....the girl accepting your number was a sign that she is at least interested in you enough to do that. She then expects you to be a traditional man and call HER. Yeah, yeah, yeah, good riddance to that type of girl.....when you get done thinking that, go look in the mirror and take note of the lack of female companionship standing next to you. Secondly, look at your posts on this forum and note how much you complain about lack of a female companion....one thing should be apparent to you....YOUR RIDICULOUS NOTIONS ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX ARE A WALL WHICH 1 IN 1,000,000 FEMALES WILL ACTUALLY TRY TO GET OVER!

Good luck finding the one. :rolleyes:

Welcome back, I was wondering what happened to you. I hope you haven't been sitting by the phone all this time. By doing this ass backwards you seem to be left not knowing if she was interested or not. Too bad.

Thanks Bill. I was just off doing my usual routine.

If she didn't call then i guess it's safe to assume she was not interested.

You don't have enough mojo with the girls to be this picky....the girl accepting your number was a sign that she is at least interested in you enough to do that. She then expects you to be a traditional man and call HER. Yeah, yeah, yeah, good riddance to that type of girl.....when you get done thinking that, go look in the mirror and take note of the lack of female companionship standing next to you. Secondly, look at your posts on this forum and note how much you complain about lack of a female companion....one thing should be apparent to you....YOUR RIDICULOUS NOTIONS ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX ARE A WALL WHICH 1 IN 1,000,000 FEMALES WILL ACTUALLY TRY TO GET OVER!

Good luck finding the one. :rolleyes:

I am not tradtional at all. I am not stuck in another decade. If she is one of those women that think that "that is a man's job" and "this is a man's job" then i don't want her because it says that she has not progressed at all. Someone was mentioning all the leaps and bounds women have made over the years in another thread. Well refusing to ask a guy out because she thinks it's a man's duty is a slap in the face to all of that. Any girl that thinks she is above calling a guy for a date is too full of herself.

Yes i am alone but at the same time i don't want to have a girlfriend that believes those things. I would end up not even liking her.

Spats, I feel your pain.

I had a pair of L.A. Gear in elementary school that had the red lights in the soles... I don't think I have to tell you just how much ass those got me in the tubes on the play-place at recess...

Anyways, this one day I was running along - lights just a'flashin so fast, they were pretty much just solid beams of light, right?

Anyways, I was just about to zoom passed this one girl named Emily.., one I really hated the guts of at the time, but my older internal self, a'la the Wonder Years narrator, somehow knew that I should attempt to win this girls heart. I could only think of one thing capable of winning this girl over.., it was settled.

Just as I was about to perform my flashiest and most complex maneuver ever performed in a kids size 5 set of L.A. Gear - a real, I mean real flashy move that, for some reason, my narrator always called "a desparate attempt to get noticed by Maddame Emily" - right as she glanced over at me... the lights burnt out on my right shoe. I had run many drills in the past to plan for such an event, after all, one shoe was still going.., countermeasures, you know? But no such measure dare be taken in the middle of a move like this. One upset in balance and it'd be scraped up knees for a solid week... not even close to being worth it.

So I landed a few feet away, and walked slowly to the edge of the amazingly deadly aluminum slide that, just 2 years prior, just as Emily had done to me today, I had made the mistake of going down head first without a shirt on on a hot sticky day, which had caused me a great deal of pain and suffering, ultimately costing me the Hampton Elementary title in the Pogs championship... I sat, just staring at her... the whole time I was there, she never so much as looked at me... she was so dissapointed in me... so dissapointed.

Spats, I feel your pain.

I had a pair of L.A. Gear in elementary school that had the red lights in the soles... I don't think I have to tell you just how much ass those got me in the tubes on the play-place at recess...

Anyways, this one day I was running along - lights just a'flashin so fast, they were pretty much just solid beams of light, right?

Anyways, I was just about to zoom passed this one girl named Emily.., one I really hated the guts of at the time, but my older internal self, a'la the Wonder Years narrator, somehow knew that I should attempt to win this girls heart. I could only think of one thing capable of winning this girl over.., it was settled.

Just as I was about to perform my flashiest and most complex maneuver ever performed in a kids size 5 set of L.A. Gear - a real, I mean real flashy move that, for some reason, my narrator always called "a desparate attempt to get noticed by Maddame Emily" - right as she glanced over at me... the lights burnt out on my right shoe. I had run many drills in the past to plan for such an event, after all, one shoe was still going.., countermeasures, you know? But no such measure dare be taken in the middle of a move like this. One upset in balance and it'd be scraped up knees for a solid week... not even close to being worth it.

So I landed a few feet away, and walked slowly to the edge of the amazingly deadly aluminum slide that, just 2 years prior, just as Emily had done to me today, I had made the mistake of going down head first without a shirt on on a hot sticky day, which had caused me a great deal of pain and suffering, ultimately costing me the Hampton Elementary title in the Pogs championship... I sat, just staring at her... the whole time I was there, she never so much as looked at me... she was so dissapointed in me... so dissapointed.

But you are better off without her. You didn't even like her. And any woman that wants you too show off for her isn't worth the time.

I am not tradtional at all. I am not stuck in another decade. If she is one of those women that think that "that is a man's job" and "this is a man's job" then i don't want her because it says that she has not progressed at all. Someone was mentioning all the leaps and bounds women have made over the years in another thread. Well refusing to ask a guy out because she thinks it's a man's duty is a slap in the face to all of that. Any girl that thinks she is above calling a guy for a date is too full of herself.

Yes i am alone but at the same time i don't want to have a girlfriend that believes those things. I would end up not even liking her.

This is not a decade of values you are trying to re-write it's HISTORY.

If such an agressive woman is to be found, I highly doubt that she would go for the passive I-got more-hangups-than-Woody Allen types, but by all means...keep going with you're plan.

It works so well.

This is not a decade of values you are trying to re-write it's HISTORY.

If such an agressive woman is to be found, I highly doubt that she would go for the passive I-got more-hangups-than-Woody Allen types, but by all means...keep going with you're plan.

It works so well.

...even Gomer Pyle had an awesome girlfriend.

Gomer freakin' Pyle spats.

I think you're destined to be a jerkin' gherkin.Get used to it my Canadian homey in-law :rolleyes:

...even Gomer Pyle had an awesome girlfriend.

Gomer freakin' Pyle spats.

I think you're destined to be a jerkin' gherkin.Get used to it my Canadian homey in-law :rolleyes:

Shazam!Rorer is right on Spats.Lou Ann Poovey was quite the hottie.Absorb the valuable input of your fellow forum friendly fanatical fertility philosophers forever.Your resolution could be as close as this forum is to you.Apply,apply.

Archived