Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

It's not possible unless it's an abusive type guy. But if it's anything else a women can easily pay if she wants to. A dude can't keep her from doing it with words and unless she allows him to.

Oh yes, he's a downright sadist.

You know spats, if this was an eye-to-eye conversation, I would probably smack you in the mouth for what you just said. That, I think, would also be a very nice manifestation of how much I 'appreciate' him. And it would be equal enough as well, wouldn't it.

Oh yes, he's a downright sadist.

You know spats, if this was an eye-to-eye conversation, I would probably smack you in the mouth for what you just said. That, I think, would also be a very nice manifestation of how much I 'appreciate' him. And it would be equal enough as well, wouldn't it.

You don't understand what i am saying. I didn't call him that. I am saying a guy can not keep a woman from paying unless he got physical. There is no other way. If the woman wants to pay she will unless the dude does something sneaky like drummer mentioned.

And? My girlfriend spends more money on college in a week then I spend on anything in a month.

So yes, I've done that before. You have a problem with that?

Do what you want. But if a guy were to do it for macho reasons in 2008 then it's ridiculous. Doing it sneaky is the only way it can be done if the woman truly wants to pay.

You don't understand what i am saying. I didn't call him that. I am saying a guy can not keep a woman from paying unless he got physical. There is no other way. If the woman wants to pay she will unless the dude does something sneaky like drummer mentioned.

I understand you perfectly. Either the guy is 'sort of bully' or the woman only half-heartedly pretends. Neither of this is true in many cases I know. My boyfriend has a full-time job, I'm an unemployed student; he simply won't let me pay. The last thing I want is to make a hysterical scene in a restaurant because he's quicker to open his purse. I pay for my contraception pills, it's therefore not such a drama if he wants to buy me a drink.

Really? :o

Let me tell you a story.

One winter several years ago, I was driving in my car downtown and I came to a stop light and happened to look over and see this homeless guy on a bench covered with newspaper.

Well it was freezing out that night and I know that guy was probably as miserable as can be.

Then I remembered I had this insulated jump suit on my back seat that I rarely used, it was for work when I was outside and because it very seldom gets that cold down here

it was like new.

So I rolled down my window and yelled to the guy and when he looked up I threw the suit to him and said it's yours!

Yeah it was an $80 jump suit but what the hell, I'm sure he would get more use out of it than I would and I didn't feel like I was taken advantage of either :slapface:

I understand you perfectly. Either the guy is 'sort of bully' or the woman only half-heartedly pretends. Neither of this is true in many cases I know. My boyfriend has a full-time job, I'm an unemployed student; he simply won't let me pay. The last thing I want is to make a hysterical scene in a restaurant because he's quicker to open his purse. I pay or my contraception, it's therefore not such a drama if he wants to buy me a drink.

Exactly.

Let me tell you a story.

One winter several years ago, I was driving in my car downtown and I came to a stop light and happened to look over and see this homeless guy on a bench covered with newspaper.

Well it was freezing out that night and I know that guy was probably as miserable as can be.

Then I remembered I had this insulated jump suit on my back seat that I rarely used, it was for work when I was outside and because it very seldom gets that cold down here

it was like new.

So I rolled down my window and yelled to the guy and when he looked up I threw the suit to him and said it's yours!

Yeah it was an $80 jump suit but what the hell, I'm sure he would get more use out of it than I would and I didn't feel like I was taken advantage of either :slapface:

You did a good thing. That may have kept that dude from freezing to death. It's not the same. That's possibly life and death. It's not the same as picking up a check at a restaurant because the dude had machismo coming out of his ears.

If a woman really wants to pay she will unless you are sneaky.

Called it.

Spats, you're an idiot.

I would love for someone other than my girlfriend to take the check. When I double date, my girlfriends sisters boyfriend always offers to take the check since he's fully employed and I'm a poor college kid. I would LOVE for him to pay the $40. But, my manhood, honor, dignity, etc. refuses to let him do so. It's common courtesy.

When I go to the movies, I pay for tickets, and she'll get me some popcorn or something, its just how thigns work. Don't like it? Tough. Grow a pair

Bonnie, they can't stop you. You just go and pay if you have money. And you shouldn't date guys who feel that it's an insult to their manhood. That's crazy. :o

Don't tell me who I shouldn't date.

Maybe I like Macho guys. Maybe I prefer to date guys who are Manly, because it helps me to keep in mind that I am in fact a Woman.

You did a good thing. That may have kept that dude from freezing to death. It's not the same. That's possibly life and death. It's not the same as picking up a check at a restaurant because the dude had machismo coming out of his ears.

:slapface: Hey ebenezer! it's the moral of the story, it makes me feel good to be generous :rolleyes:

You definitely sound like an expert. How many women wanting to pay for your drink have you (unsuccessfully) tried to stop from doing that in, say, past three years?

Called it.

Spats, you're an idiot.

I would love for someone other than my girlfriend to take the check. When I double date, my girlfriends sisters boyfriend always offers to take the check since he's fully employed and I'm a poor college kid. I would LOVE for him to pay the $40. But, my manhood, honor, dignity, etc. refuses to let him do so. It's common courtesy.

When I go to the movies, I pay for tickets, and she'll get me some popcorn or something, its just how thigns work. Don't like it? Tough. Grow a pair

If you chose to follow those "rules" of manhood then god bless ya. I am not into macho rules for what man should be or act like.

Don't tell me who I shouldn't date.

Maybe I like Macho guys. Maybe I prefer to date guys who are Manly, because it helps me to keep in mind that I am in fact a Woman.

Yeah but do Macho guys make scenes in restaurants over who is paying the check which you have said you don't want to happen? If you want to date a macho guy, have fun. But a guy cannot keep a woman from paying unless he is willing and it's silly if something like that threatens his manhood. It's not life and death.

I have been accused of worrying about what other people think but this is a similar thing. The guy is worried about how it looks and how it makes him look.

Spats, you're a fucking idiot.

I don't work, I'm doing a degree and I have next to nothing when it comes to money. My boyfriend does work. He does have a degree. When I do get the little money I have, I always offer to buy him something, even if it's not much - and here's what must make him M.A.C.H.O - he know's that what I do have is precious to me, so he doesn't allow me to pay for him. He does not get physical, he does not get violent, he does not get sneaky, he does not get anything. He insists he pays, almost as much as I insist I can afford it. He knows I can't, and I know I can't. So to save me from being totally dirt poor, he 'compromises' and says I can buy something for him some other time. When that time happens, he still insists he pays. As much as it hurts my pride to have no money, I know that when I do get it, it gets saved so I can buy him something totally deserving. Because he is worth it.

To say that men only pay if they get 'physical' is to imply my boyfriend (and every other girl's boyfriend) is like that as well, and as he's the most sweetest, gentlest man I've ever known, if you say anything negative again about the man that I love - I swear, Spats, I will come to Toronto and slap you silly.

You have no right to make such ridiculous (and frankly, rather serious) assumptions on how people work in relations, when you aren't even in one.

You definitely sound like an expert. How many women wanting to pay for your drink have you (unsuccessfully) tried to stop from doing that in, say, past three years?

I have been approached in the last few years. Just not usually by women i have any interest in. But I don't let anyone i don't know pay for me. And i rarely drink. The last time i drank i made an ass out of myself down at Harbourfront in front of a girl i thought was hot. I stay away from alcohol most of the time.

But a woman who offers to pay can't keep me from paying for a meal or whatever. Even if she insists. I do what i want.

Spats, you're a fucking idiot.

I don't work, I'm doing a degree and I have next to nothing when it comes to money. My boyfriend does work. He does have a degree. When I do get the little money I have, I always offer to buy him something, even if it's not much - and here's what must make him M.A.C.H.O - he know's that what I do have is precious to me, so he doesn't allow me to pay for him. He does not get physical, he does not get violent, he does not get sneaky, he does not get anything. He insists he pays, almost as much as I insist I can afford it. He knows I can't, and I know I can't. So to save me from being totally dirt poor, he 'compromises' and says I can buy something for him some other time. When that time happens, he still insists he pays. As much as it hurts my pride to have no money, I know that when I do get it, it gets saved so I can buy him something totally deserving. Because he is worth it.

To say that men only pay if they get 'physical' is to imply my boyfriend (and every other girl's boyfriend) is like that as well, and as he's the most sweetest, gentlest man I've ever known, if you say anything negative again about the man that I love - I swear, Spats, I will come to Toronto and slap you silly.

You have no right to make such ridiculous (and frankly, rather serious) assumptions on how people work in relations, when you aren't even in one.

Like the other girl you don't understand what i am saying. I didn't say that any of you

re guys get physical. I said that a man cannot keep a woman from paying by just insisting. The woman can just get out of her chair and pay (if she has the money).

And let's cancel out people who are broke too. If a person can't afford to pay thay can't. Fair enough. But nobody can keep anyone from paying using just words.

There is a snow storm going on right now up here. I am going to call my buddy and ask if the double date is still on. I am praying he will decide not to go out. :lol: :lol:

When did a snowstorm prevent a date - Hire a cab. Common Spats - go and have a good time.

Archived