Goldberg reveals Led Zeppelin secrets

misty mountain

Goldberg can suck a fart out of my ass! I know people who were also there (a lot), and they desribe Bonzo as a wonderful teddybear. The sweetest guy in the pack. If Danny wants to sell a book, he should tell the whole truth. <_<

Goldberg can suck a fart out of my ass! I know people who were also there (a lot), and they desribe Bonzo as a wonderful teddybear. The sweetest guy in the pack. If Danny wants to sell a book, he should tell the whole truth. <_<

I don't think we should jump to conclusions based on a one paragraph review of the book. For one thing, it's no big secret that Bonzo WAS a mean and nasty drunk! It's also no big secret that he was the biggest teddy bear and most liked member of the band when he wans't drunk. No one is perfect and obviously his good points far outweighed his bad points! How do we know that Goldberg hasn't written a ton of good stuff about Bonzo also? That little tidbit is not news to anyone.....it's just a fact.

As someone who could be placed in the same category as Bonzo I'm glad to know that my friends love me enough to overlook my 'sometimes' anger issues when I get really drunk. Which I've stopped doing by the way because it brings out a part of me that I know isn't really 'me'.

Perhaps what should have been said is that Bonzo COULD be a mean and nasty drunk...not that he was ALL the time! But, we all know his frustrations, he was away from his family and lonely and when he got drunk, he got out of control. We have to remember our Heros are people too...they have their bad points just like we all do. I don't think any book should be a rose colored glasses look at the band. I want the truth....whether it's pleasant or not. Just my humble opinion :)

His record company went bust, so yeah I imagine he could use the dough. The book comes out September 18th. Don't hate me, but I'll be curious to read it - Goldberg has worked with major luminaries over the years. I wonder if he'll write about Pete Townshend: you may recall a minor dust-up in the press a few years ago between Goldberg and Townshend, after Goldberg claimed that they were once lovers, which Pete denied.

This is the product description from amazon:

Doing PR for Led Zeppelin was his introduction to the adrenaline of a big-time rock tour, and his backstage memories of those days are vivid and razor sharp, offering an intimate glimpse into PR strategies and tactics. The parade of personalities runs the gamut from Bonnie Raitt and Stevie Nicks to Kurt Cobain and Warren Zevon. Goldberg summons up some fascinating anecdotes as he writes about these performers with much honesty and compassion, bringing it all back home.

He also wrote of a time when the band's manager Peter Grant once had to reimburse a hotelier after the band threw several television sets out of a window, the news provider reports.

Wow - what a revelation! <_< This assclown Goldboig must really be hard up for shekels.

• 3 weeks later...

His record company went bust, so yeah I imagine he could use the dough. The book comes out September 18th. Don't hate me, but I'll be curious to read it - Goldberg has worked with major luminaries over the years. I wonder if he'll write about Pete Townshend: you may recall a minor dust-up in the press a few years ago between Goldberg and Townshend, after Goldberg claimed that they were once lovers, which Pete denied.

That wasnt Danny Goldberg, it was Danny Fields. He worked for the Doors & managed the Ramones.

I stumbled across a copy of Goldberg's book at a local Barnes and Noble. He has an entire chapter on his Zeppelin stint and it's just retreaded stories that he had spilled earlier to the author of Hammer of the Gods. He was obviously a big source of that book and all those revelations are in his new book, which actually reveals nothing new other than Goldberg was the culprit that had a photo taken of Jimmy while he was nodding out at a Detective photo shoot. I would've fired his ass too. His character portrayals of Jimmy and Bonzo would not be considered positive. Another downer and no-fun look at Zeppelin. As a Zeppelin fan the book is useless.

I think I love you Ev! In friendly ways lol! BEST way to say it ever!

as great as zepp was, they were tough customers and partied real hard. nothing should be surprising.

I read an interview i found online from 1979 where bonzo admits to anxiety. I would think he self medicated it with booze. so what.

if you are a big star and have lots of cash, you get to expect your way, i would think you could also expect to gewt away with boorish behavior when drunk, big deal. suprised, nope.

Archived