LED ZEP TOUR IS ON!

All the reports seem to have the same wording....indicating they have all come from the same source.

I just hope some jackass didn't fabricate this and the rest of the media is jumping on the headline without authenticating it. Until it comes from an official source...I'll take it at face value.

Let me explain something...

All these different sources are getting the same story, likely from wire services. There has been little to no independent reporting outside the original story in The Sun, which only had an anonymous source.

That said, 99.995% of reporters do not "fabricate" stories. What happens is they build sources, which sometimes lie to them or mislead them. It's a reporter's job to determine whether or not the source is full of BS or legit, and typically that requires multiple levels of confirmation.

The Sun, however, is a tabloid. It operates outside those cardinal tenets of journalism, but it also can not print things it knows to be false. That would open it up for a libel lawsuit. But the reason most libel lawsuits fail is because reporters have culled the information in their report from their sources, not made things up out of thin air.

SO in short...blame the anonymous source for the rumor, blame The Sun for not requiring more fact-checking and double-checking.

Whats interesting for me is .. the members on here who might know a little more (or a Whole Lotta More ) than I do because of connections with them in some form , have a better idea of what really is happening and can't say yet and must piss themselves with the rest of us speculating :D ..its a scream this :)

Right I have a brand new shiny 10p to give to who really knows if they come and tell me :D , how easy is it to buy tickets to gigs for The States when in UK, can we go on the websites and buy them if we are from outside on The States ? I would be going to any Brit gigs if its Zep or P/JPJ and JB but I can see my piggy bank is going to well and trully used next year :D

It's hard to determine the validity of the Sun's report - generally they are pretty dubious, however these sorts of rumours did go around for a while before the O2 show...only time will tell.

That said, there have been dozens of rumours over the last decade which proved to be untrue.

Who forced who's hand? Or is it a RUMOR! with it spinning out of control since Robert Plant has never come out and said "yes" or "no".

Next time I see Robert in the fruit shop (i live near him) I'll ask whether he's in. I'm sure he'll tell me B):DB):rolleyes:

They came very, very, very close in 1990, only for it all to fall apart at the 11th hour. I don't think a reunion / tour had been officially confirmed at that stage, though (at least I don't remember there being any official confirmation, just that speculation had escalated to fever pitch so there must have been something prompting it). Looks like things might be at the same stage and could go anywhere from here.

I hate these bogus thread titles :angry:

Come on now, " the tour is on" is such a bold confirming sounding statement, but then is followed by 'apparently' Jesus!!!

I started a bogus thread as a kick against all these rumour guesswork supposition and totally sham threads and it got pulled very quickly.

I have to ask why all these are allowed to continue when its the same discussion in each one.

Its boring and a waste of sapce. I think the mods should also pull some of the others too or at least merge them.

Bugger all has been said officially and yet we have people talking about how zep will do something live over the satellite because someone read something into the voice tones of a DJ.

Come on people and mods, it rubbish stuff and we all know it.

No doubt this post will be pulled too. :blink:

I hate these bogus thread titles :angry:

Come on now, " the tour is on" is such a bold confirming sounding statement, but then is followed by 'apparently' Jesus!!!

I started a bogus thread as a kick against all these rumour guesswork supposition and totally sham threads and it got pulled very quickly.

I have to ask why all these are allowed to continue when its the same discussion in each one.

Its boring and a waste of sapce. I think the mods should also pull some of the others too or at least merge them.

Bugger all has been said officially and yet we have people talking about how zep will do something live over the satellite because someone read something into the voice tones of a DJ.

Come on people and mods, it rubbish stuff and we all know it.

No doubt this post will be pulled too. :blink:

I am here for information. And could not agree more . Facts people , please.

At the beginning of this week it was new singer , then we move on to Rob's back.

All supported by heresay , unreliable news agencies and people's rhetoric.

C'mon is right .

How many more threads of endless mumbling do we have to endure.

It's great to see and feel the enthusiasm , and I'm sure many are a buzz.

But it would be nice to come here , and not sift through an hour of jokes and predictions to find some real information.

I just thought I would inject my opinion here becasue many are waking today and seeing this and will probably be going on another endless discussion of unsubstantiated hype.

It's been a week of madness. Lets try and keep it real.

Have a good day.

Archived