College football 08

Virginia

As a USC fan, glad that USC won...yeah, FIGHT ON! :banana::cheer::banana::cheer:

and all that jazz...BUT TO ME, the real highlight of the bowl season was watching

UTAH KICK ALABAMA'S ARSE!

Take that, SEC and all the media that sneered at Utah's record!

Utah went into the Superdome, a virtual home game for Alabama, and took

the Tide's lunch money. Utah is THE ONLY UNDEFEATED TEAM in the FSD.

No other school can make that claim. They beat a good BYU team...they

beat an underrated Oregon State team, a team that was the only one to

beat USC this year.

I don't care what happens in the Florida-Oklahoma game...I would vote Utah

number one no matter what.

Only other school with a legit complaint is Texas, who got screwed by the BCS;

it should be Texas playing Florida(or Utah for that matter), NOT Oklahoma.

As for USC, I hope Mark Sanchez comes back...if not, it could be another

uneven year for them offensively...hell, even the defense could be problematic

next season given the number of players we are going to lose.

Congrats to the Utes.They certainly outplayed,outcoached,and executed an excellent game plan against Alabama.

But at the end of the day,Utah won't have a shot at being numero uno,despite a perfect record.College football needs a playoff.I believe Utah could hang with any team in the country this year.

As a USC fan

Kudos to Utah. I thought `Bama had a chance until the pass interference call where the Utah defender grabbed a wide open reciever by the back of the shirt. If you can`t catch `em cheat.

All down hill here from there. I wonder how many Utes went on Bourbon Street last night? They don`t drink do they?

Who has played in a record number of Bowl games?

I can`t hear you, what did you say?

At least you guys still have O.J. B)

As a USC fan, glad that USC won...yeah, FIGHT ON! :banana::cheer::banana::cheer:

and all that jazz...BUT TO ME, the real highlight of the bowl season was watching

UTAH KICK ALABAMA'S ARSE!

Take that, SEC and all the media that sneered at Utah's record!

Utah went into the Superdome, a virtual home game for Alabama, and took

the Tide's lunch money. Utah is THE ONLY UNDEFEATED TEAM in the FSD.

No other school can make that claim. They beat a good BYU team...they

beat an underrated Oregon State team, a team that was the only one to

beat USC this year.

I don't care what happens in the Florida-Oklahoma game...I would vote Utah

number one no matter what.

Only other school with a legit complaint is Texas, who got screwed by the BCS;

it should be Texas playing Florida(or Utah for that matter), NOT Oklahoma.

As for USC, I hope Mark Sanchez comes back...if not, it could be another

uneven year for them offensively...hell, even the defense could be problematic

next season given the number of players we are going to lose.

:faint1: Yeah.... as apposed to USC, that play an "actual" home Bowl game every year!

Kudos to Utah. I thought `Bama had a chance until the pass interference call where the Utah defender grabbed a wide open reciever by the back of the shirt. If you can`t catch `em cheat.

All down hill here from there. I wonder how many Utes went on Bourbon Street last night? They don`t drink do they?

U of U have a bunch of JackMormons and non-Mormons so yeah, they party. It's BYU around the Point of the Mountain in Provo that are the tee-totalers.

Congrats to da Utes !

2v0c2ok.jpg

I believe the University of Texas can attribute their last minute win over Ohio State last night to one thing,and one thing only.

It was their marching band.

In case you missed it,the Texas marching band played a medley of Led Zeppelin tunes during their halftime show.

This will lead a team to victory most every time.

I believe the University of Texas can attribute their last minute win over Ohio State last night to one thing,and one thing only.

In case you missed it,the Texas marching band played a medley of Led Zeppelin tunes during their halftime show.

I missed that.... really, what were the songs in the Led Zeppelin Medley ? ? ?

Yesterday, on the Sean Hannity Radio Show, they lead into one segement with the opening riffs from "Heartbreaker" !!

Yesterday, on the Sean Hannity Radio Show, they lead into one segement with the opening riffs from "Heartbreaker" !!

I've heard LZ on Rush Limbaugh, Phil Valentine and the Dave Ramsey show too !

My jaw drops each time.

Black Dog,Kashmir,and Stairway.

My wife's nephew plays in a local high school marching band.She is going to inform him he can now consider attending the University of Texas in Austin.

So that is why they won? :lol:

I am so depressed today! Such a close game! Texas 24, Ohio State 21. :(

The Buckeyes made a few tacticle mistakes that cost them the game, in my opinion. The foremost was not taking more time for their last touchdown, allowing Texas enough time to score again! Also, running back Beanie Wells was taken out of the game in the last quarter due to minor injury.

The Ohio State Band is "the best damn band in the land", even though they did not play any Zeppelin songs! :lol:

Don't know what you are referring to, as nothing in the local media about anything but an injury.

I like Beanie, don't know how true this might be, maybe just a theory...but heard that Beanies last play of that game, was a good one, wanted to end on a high note, before getting drafted to the NFL.

Electricmage is buckeye fan, maybe he'll comment on this.

But at what point last night did Beanie suffer a concussion??....I watched the whole game intensely and did not witness this...nor was it spoken of during the game...maybe I just missed it, but I didn't move from my seat.

edit to add: just read that he says he had "blurry vision"...but still find it odd that nothing was mentioned last night, esp considering he's such a key player of such an important game.

I like Beanie, don't know how true this might be, maybe just a theory...but heard that Beanies last play of that game, was a good one, wanted to end on a high note, before getting drafted to the NFL.

Electricmage is buckeye fan, maybe he'll comment on this.

But at what point last night did Beanie suffer a concussion??....I watched the whole game intensely and did not witness this...nor was it spoken of during the game...maybe I just missed it, but I didn't move from my seat.

I am sure it would have been even more impressive for the NFL if he made two touchdowns and ran for two or three more 20 yard gains and perhaps made the winning touchdown, so taking him out to end on a high note at the time that he went out doesn't make any sense.

I believe that he did suffer a head injury and they kept observing him to make sure he was OK and they didn't think that he was fit to play without suffering further injury.

Edited to say that they did show him on the sidelines being checked over by the trainer and they did keep showing him being under observation. The commentators did say that he was asking to be put back in the game, but the coaches/trainers didn't want him to get hurt.

So that is why they won? :lol:

I am so depressed today! Such a close game! Texas 24, Ohio State 21. :(

The Buckeyes made a few tacticle mistakes that cost them the game, in my opinion. The foremost was not taking more time for their last touchdown, allowing Texas enough time to score again! Also, running back Beanie Wells was taken out of the game in the last quarter due to minor injury.

The Ohio State Band is "the best damn band in the land", even though they did not play any Zeppelin songs! :lol:

Sorry about y'alls loss Buck'eye'Doc.

I missed the zep thing too even though I watched the whole game.

One of the bands kept banging on the drums before each play and it was driving me crazy :slapface: so I turned the volume down and put on some music :D

Sorry about y'alls loss Buck'eye'Doc.

I missed the zep thing too even though I watched the whole game.

One of the bands kept banging on the drums before each play and it was driving me crazy :slapface: so I turned the volume down and put on some music :D

Thanks, Dzldoc!

It was the Texas band banging on the drums. The Ohio State band is too classy to do that! :lol:

The Ohio State band plays "Hang on Sloopy" alot, but no constant drumming.

I am sure it would have been even more impressive for the NFL if he made two touchdowns and ran for two or three more 20 yard gains and perhaps made the winning touchdown, so taking him out to end on a high note at the time that he went out doesn't make any sense.

I believe that he did suffer a head injury and they kept observing him to make sure he was OK and they didn't think that he was fit to play without suffering further injury.

Edited to say that they did show him on the sidelines being checked over by the trainer and they did keep showing him being under observation. The commentators did say that he was asking to be put back in the game, but the coaches/trainers didn't want him to get hurt.

I'm not sure what the deal was, but as his last game, the amount of yards he racked up, and his point proven, I doubt he wanted to risk suffering injury. If and when he goes pro, he'll receive a huge signing bonus. If he suffered a major injury, it would be curtains on his career. Look at Ted Ginn jr.

He doesn't need to impress any NFL team. Thus he didn't need to stay in the game.

Archived