if Jimmy renames the band, what would be a good name?

babybluejeans

As I & a Hell of alot of people who saw them Last Year... CAN say it works, as it was a Fucking Excellent Show, so well done to them & all Concerned...

Hang-man :ph34r:

yes I saw them too in Toronto. individually they are already exceptional, powerhouses; world class and classy. put them together and wow... the synergy was electric! I couldn't have been more thrilled to be in the 5th row.

one friend commented that it was a beautiful love story on stage like Beauty and The Beast...

the movie where Belle, whose father Maurice is imprisoned by the Beast (really an enchanted Prince...(that would be Robert), offers herself instead and finds the prince inside the Beast. I thought it was a lovely analogy. :P

untitled

page/jones untitled

recovering catholic

mr.crowley

the day that never comes

alter zeppelin

led bridge

aero zeppelin

twisted zeppelin

led snake

led fighters

the zeppelin stripes

the white zeppelin

fool in the t-rain

creed zeppelin

jimmy is dazed n confused

I just meant that yes Reid is a singer (not a drummer) and he has his own style, tastes and diversification in music. along with that he has his own practiced musicians. if he were to take to the stage, he might have his own drummer (or other musician(s) perform with him for his songs along with Jimmy and JP.

or maybe not... I know Jimmy, JP and Jason would handle everything adeptly and might get a kick out of it. :)

too bad there seems to be a rift between Jimmy and Terry. time to let bygones be bygones and get on with the entertainment! it would be fun! we miss them.

Ah, ok. Gotcha! Misunderstood. :D

Or maybe it was a strong belief that if you play with fire you will get burnt!

I've heard people claiming to be "occultists" make such statements about "dabblers"

Would be interesting to find out though.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. But it's something Terry says more than a decade later, and it can be hard to figure out sometimes where such statements are exactly coming from. Was he being honest at all? Does the statement perhaps reflect Terry's later thinking more than what he thought at the time, in 1968? And so on.

Why changing the name?

Others group change their lead singer, AC/DC, Van Halen ect.

Gun's n roses only original member is Axl Rose so what !

I think that the spirit of Led Zepp is still there with Jmmy, John Paul and Bonham's son sorry for Robert but you miss the train.......

Giles T.

Fan forever forever fan

DiviNation

Wayback Machine oops taken

The Out Of Body Experience

OBE (- Astral Sex)

Tantral

Causal Plane

Illuminati Handlers

Handlers

Kosmic oops taken

Fractal oops taken

ReincarNation oops taken

Orectic (desires)

Godience

Numinocosm

Etheric

Ashtar Command

Ascended Masters

Numinosum

Spirit-U-al

Omni

Vital

Sensorium

Charismatics

Plane Of Illusion

how about:

"The Band Without A Name" or

"The Band With No Name" reminiscent of LZ IV - an immensely famous LP. oh the controversy -- too close to the name Led Zeppelin?

or "Jimmy, JPJ and Friends with special guest vocalist Robert Plant" :/

uh oh, would that cause some singers to take their names off the hopeful's list!

:blink:

I haven't read all the posts for this topic so this may or may not have come up but I think a good name(s) for this project would be:

DIRIGIBLE

IRON DIRIGIBLE

STEEL DIRIGIBLE

Pb DIRIGIBLE (Pb being the atomic symbol for Lead (Led))

I am sure that 99% of the Led Zeppelin fans know what a DIRIGIBLE is. For those 1% that don't, a dirigible is another name for a Zeppelin.

Terry actually told NME in 1979 that he turned down the offer from Jimmy because of Jimmy's interest in the occult. To paraphrase, he said that he felt Jimmy was a dabbler, the worst kind of level of interest, someone unaware of the powers he was unleashing.

Hmm, 1979? I think he was still living in Oxnard. Rogue Waves time. I don't have that album - whoever has it might be able to help figure it out. What I'm trying to figure out is WTF Terry was smoking at the time (besides tobacco) to have said something like that? :blink:

I just meant that yes Reid is a singer (not a drummer) and he has his own style, tastes and diversification in music. along with that he has his own practiced musicians.

That's more of a wishful thinking. He doesn't have his own musicians, and never really did. Line-ups have changed. There were some musicians who stayed with him for a while, notably the bassist Lee Miles (who apparently convinced Terry to move to the US) but at the LA gig last November there was a different bassist. I'm afraid to even ask what happened with Lee. Terry and Lee first met at the Stones tour in 1966 - BTW the same tour where Jimmy and Terry also met for the 1st time; that was Jimmy's first impression of the 16 year old SuperLungs. Lee was with the Ike & Tina Turner band at the time. I think I'll ask Keith if Lee (hopefully) is alive and well. The other two (keyboardist and drummer) were also "borrowed" musicians. New Jersey based CAD (Cosmic American Derelicts) is the most consistent band for the East coast and UK gigs, but technically they're not his band either.

too bad there seems to be a rift between Jimmy and Terry. time to let bygones be bygones and get on with the entertainment! it would be fun! we miss them.

I totally missed that about the "rift." When did that happen? :unsure:

That's more of a wishful thinking. He doesn't have his own musicians, and never really did. Line-ups have changed. There were some musicians who stayed with him for a while, notably the bassist Lee Miles (who apparently convinced Terry to move to the US) but at the LA gig last November there was a different bassist. I'm afraid to even ask what happened with Lee. Terry and Lee first met at the Stones tour in 1966 - BTW the same tour where Jimmy and Terry also met for the 1st time; that was Jimmy's first impression of the 16 year old SuperLungs. Lee was with the Ike & Tina Turner band at the time. I think I'll ask Keith if Lee (hopefully) is alive and well. The other two (keyboardist and drummer) were also "borrowed" musicians. New Jersey based CAD (Cosmic American Derelicts) is the most consistent band for the East coast and UK gigs, but technically they're not his band either.

I totally missed that about the "rift." When did that happen? :unsure:

hi, thanks for setting me straight and all the info! I just started following Terry's career, music, etc. and I like his voice and alot of his blues, rock, and the different accompaniment sounds his backup musicians play on his cds and on stage. I had never heard of "folk-rock" or "folk-blues" until now when applied to Terry and yes that seems to fit the bill a great deal.

just now, while I was on his MySpace, Facebook, and iLike pages, I invited him to come up to Toronto sometime and that if I introduced him to Kim Mitchell on Q107 classic rock, he should send me front row tickets...

(front row) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

now that's wishful thinking too hee hee.

re: ok, no rift. (but maybe a riff.. ooo bad joke huh! :slapface:

I heard that way back when, at the time of the offers, Terry was trapped in a scam deal by promoter Mickey Most and was being kept from recording anywhere. when he was influenced to go to California, Graham Nash of The Byrds helped him get out of his deal and able to record again. then I heard that Terry turned down Jimmy to do his own solo act (which may have been a snub). then I heard Terry didn't like Jimmy's occult leanings and I jumped to the conclusion that Jimmy and Terry didn't get on well. now I'm metagrobolized... (dazed and confused) :blink:

why haven't Jimmy and Terry gotten together at some point? it might be historic.

I'd ♥ it!

I think on this tour this should be a definite maybe. or did they already get together and I missed it? :huh:

just now, while I was on his MySpace, Facebook, and iLike pages, I invited him to come up to Toronto sometime and that if I introduced him to Kim Mitchell on Q107 classic rock, he should send me front row tickets...

OK, here's the deal. We all think/hope that our heroes (the musicians we admire) sometimes look at all those websites/forums/what have you and read the messages about them or addressed to them. If in some cases it's true (like Brian May, who's very much in touch with his fans via his Soapbox) it's not true at all about Terry. He's an "analog type guy" and might not even have a computer; all those sites (some of them are indeed official) are maintained by other people who are in touch with him via phones/faxes etc. If you ever want to pass a message to Terry you'd have to go through Paul Bennett (UK rep, Terry's official site), Keith Duncan (fansite/forum) or Chico Rey (current bassist and the most direct contact) Oh, and which front row are you talking about? Which concert? :huh:

I heard that way back when, at the time of the offers, Terry was trapped in a scam deal by promoter Mickey Most and was being kept from recording anywhere.

Not so much scam but the contract was pretty fascist; MM "insisted on Reid recording pop fodder that bordered on the inane and was an insult to his massive vocal talent." (Musiquarium - Unsung Heros) TR was drawn to more serious blues/rock so they were pulling in different directions. It all ended in a blazing row when Terry came back from the tour and discovered his 2nd album has been released despite MM's promise not to do so. Terry told him where to stick the 5-album contract. A truly priceless exchange took place:

MM: "You can't say that!"

TR: "I just did!" It cost him 3 years of litigation and inability to record in the studio.

when he was influenced to go to California, Graham Nash of The Byrds helped him get out of his deal and able to record again. then I heard that Terry turned down Jimmy to do his own solo act (which may have been a snub). then I heard Terry didn't like Jimmy's occult leanings and I jumped to the conclusion that Jimmy and Terry didn't get on well. now I'm metagrobolized... (dazed and confused) :blink:

I don't recall Graham Nash being in The Byrds ... he founded The Hollies and later joined Crosby, Stills & Nash (David Crosby was in the Byrds). Graham is actually partially responsible for nudging 18 y-old Terry to sign that ill-fated contract with MM. It was the personal intervention of Ahmet Ertegün that rescued TR from that deal.

As for the "occult rumors" I've yet to see any evidence. Doesn't sound like Terry at all, but you never know. :blink:

why haven't Jimmy and Terry gotten together at some point? it might be historic.

I'd ♥ it!

I think on this tour this should be a definite maybe. or did they already get together and I missed it? :huh:

As far as I know they never got together (in terms of playing/recording). Apparently neither had any interest in collaboration. But - also as far as I know - they're on good terms, both with Jimmy and with Robert. Jimmy attended at least 3 of TR's gigs (Steve A. Jones has the exact dates and times, exact quotes of what they said to each other, which drinks they had, how many cigarettes smoked... LOL just kidding :D ) Terry has a relatively busy gig schedule (January 30 - NYC, Feb 13 - Santa Monica, May - several dates in UK etc.... no mention of Toronto, but, again, you never know...) So it seems they're always going to be "just friends." :D

• 2 weeks later...
"OK, here's the deal. We all think/hope that our heroes (the musicians we admire) sometimes look at all those websites/forums/what have you and read the messages about them or addressed to them. If in some cases it's true (like Brian May, who's very much in touch with his fans via his Soapbox) it's not true at all about Terry. He's an "analog type guy" and might not even have a computer; all those sites (some of them are indeed official) are maintained by other people who are in touch with him via phones/faxes etc. If you ever want to pass a message to Terry you'd have to go through Paul Bennett (UK rep, Terry's official site), Keith Duncan (fansite/forum) or Chico Rey (current bassist and the most direct contact) Oh, and which front row are you talking about? Which concert? :huh: "

hi. oh I know, I know... musicians don't frequent these places, but it's still fun to write a post as if you're really addressing the person though they may never see it. I heard that JPJ once dropped in here. on youtube there's a couple of vids by former or present band members so sometimes they get in the act.

re: which concert... any future one that may include Jimmy, JPJ & Jason, and Friends or Terry would be fine with me.

"Not so much scam but the contract was pretty fascist; MM "insisted on Reid recording pop fodder that bordered on the inane and was an insult to his massive vocal talent." (Musiquarium - Unsung Heros) TR was drawn to more serious blues/rock so they were pulling in different directions. It all ended in a blazing row when Terry came back from the tour and discovered his 2nd album has been released despite MM's promise not to do so. Terry told him where to stick the 5-album contract. A truly priceless exchange took place:

MM: "You can't say that!"

TR: "I just did!" It cost him 3 years of litigation and inability to record in the studio."

interesting, thanks.

"I don't recall Graham Nash being in The Byrds ... he founded The Hollies and later joined Crosby, Stills & Nash (David Crosby was in the Byrds). Graham is actually partially responsible for nudging 18 y-old Terry to sign that ill-fated contract with MM. It was the personal intervention of Ahmet Ertegün that rescued TR from that deal."

oh stupid me :slapface: of course Graham Nash wasn't in the Byrds.

really?... it was Ahmet who rescued TF from that fate... small world.

"As for the "occult rumors" I've yet to see any evidence. Doesn't sound like Terry at all, but you never know. :blink: "

if I ever meet Terry, I'll ask him point blank, with all due consideration of course, if he said that. if Terry does have an interest in metaphysics then maybe I've found a new friend :)

"As far as I know they never got together (in terms of playing/recording). Apparently neither had any interest in collaboration. But - also as far as I know - they're on good terms, both with Jimmy and with Robert. Jimmy attended at least 3 of TR's gigs (Steve A. Jones has the exact dates and times, exact quotes of what they said to each other, which drinks they had, how many cigarettes smoked... LOL just kidding :D ) Terry has a relatively busy gig schedule (January 30 - NYC, Feb 13 - Santa Monica, May - several dates in UK etc.... no mention of Toronto, but, again, you never know...) So it seems they're always going to be "just friends." :D

well I'm glad to hear they'll always be friends. looks like I'll have to rent an RV and go where Terry is to hear him play... maybe in the summer *wishful thinking again* :rolleyes:

I just also 'discovered' Mickey Thomas of Jefferson Starship fame. I love his former Elvin Bishop song "Fooled Around And Fell In Love". and holy smokes we share the same birthday. maybe he would be a good bet for the band... he's still got the chops.

but please not Steven Tyler though... he's a good singer but not my cup of tea for J, JPJ and Jason.

it just occurred to me that a Jimmy and Friends band would have to come up with new material and a cd if it's to be other than a Led Zep reunion (or even if it was a LZ reunion), and ya gotta admit that Robert was and is an excellent writer, especially metaphorically... that would be sorely missed. perhaps Robert could pen some songs for them even if he didn't tour. :huh:

P.S. forgive me for commenting while inside your quotes... I didn't know how to separate them. :unsure:

well I'm glad to hear they'll always be friends. looks like I'll have to rent an RV and go where Terry is to hear him play... maybe in the summer *wishful thinking again* :rolleyes:

I just also 'discovered' Mickey Thomas of Jefferson Starship fame. I love his former Elvin Bishop song "Fooled Around And Fell In Love". and holy smokes we share the same birthday. maybe he would be a good bet for the band... he's still got the chops.

but please not Steven Tyler though... he's a good singer but not my cup of tea for J, JPJ and Jason.

it just occurred to me that a Jimmy and Friends band would have to come up with new material and a cd if it's to be other than a Led Zep reunion (or even if it was a LZ reunion), and ya gotta admit that Robert was and is an excellent writer, especially metaphorically... that would be sorely missed. perhaps Robert could pen some songs for them even if he didn't tour. :huh:

P.S. forgive me for commenting while inside your quotes... I didn't know how to separate them. :unsure:

Thank God, a kindred spirit! :D

Interesting stuff about TR, Gegenschein.

I really think he's gonna do a Yardbirds thing with page, beck and clapton, if jpj and jason could be there too it would be over the TOP TOP TOP.

Jeff for an hour, Eric for an hour, Jimmy for an hour and then wham all of them for another hour. Sweet!

It could also be called the Early English Guitar Gods tour.

forgive me for commenting while inside your quotes... I didn't know how to separate them. :unsure:

if you want to insert your comments after another person's selected passages:

1. find the end of the passage, then type in [ / quote ] (without spaces)

2. type in your comments

3. type in [ quote ] (again, without spaces)

4. if you want to comment on another passage within the same post, repeat steps 1-3

there might be better/fancier ways but this is good enough for me... :D

Interesting stuff about TR, Gegenschein.

Ah, I keep finding highly amusing stuff about him... like, l didn't know it was actually Peter Grant who told him about that infamous Aretha Franklin quote in New Musical Express in 1968... or Terry leading Bob Harris (of the Old Grey Whistle Test) into his Oxnard house through the window because, umm, the door doesn't open... :o:D

I really like Jimmy's perception of Robert and Terry back in 1968: "Those two are like brothers together..." but this is all so OT... :unsure::bagoverhead:

Seriously, if Jimmy has to pick a name - it wouldn't be renaming, just like it wouldn't be replacing Robert, remember? - he might want to go with something very different, "non-zeppy" sounding.

• 2 months later...

I was :Thinking:

what if Robert re-joined the band but he renamed it.

why would he do such a heretical thing?!

well for example, what if the new name was just "LED" ?

LED is the new Led Zep and an honorable self-tribute to the band

Led Zeppelin's past. "Zeppelin" could be now in the background for

the age and time it represented. "L.E.D.", a light-emitting

diode as you know, and we could say LZ are luminaries,

having achieved eminence, and who are an inspiration.

Luminary also mean VIP, lion, and superstar.

(it's still a little difficult to come up with a band name not that's already taken

by another band.)

ZEP or

Zep Tepy

first cause; first time. Zep means "time".

the sun, Re, is born, to travel from east to west, measuring time

(I think I mentioned this one already- oops)

The Great Phoenix

the universal phoenix Big Bang which is constantly created and re-created.

(The) Band of Bands

Gentlemen's Agreement

Robert's Abduction

Estranged

Proposition

Silence Is Golden

Transient Neural Deactivation in the Prefrontal Cortex during Attentive Reading

Abduction Logic

A syllogism or form of argument in which the major is evident, but the minor is only probable.

Peace Commission

The Path

Hand of Evolution

MugWantons

to rove, ramble without restraint, rule, or limit;

to revel, carefree, lavish, to play loosely;

and it just sounds so darn cute :)

Him: "I don't want no tutti-frutti, no lollipop,

(ah) come on Baby, just rock rock rock"

Her: you want me ta shake that booty, strut that stuff,

but no action Baby! just talk talk talk!"

(in romantic songs, men communicate to women

and women with men in kind of 'question' and 'answer'

songs to each other. I like to write lyrics in answer

to some songs... the magnetic push pull of the sexes.) :blahblah:

Royal Kashmir

royalty - kings, rajas and maharajas

Band of Eternity

infinity; also an eternity ring or the ring of Eternity

Ring of Eternity

Numens

creative energy, geniuses

First Civilization

for the first several million years of human existence, people lived together only in small wandering bands

Silver Maio

maio/myo: a zen term meaning wonder, wisdom, the hidden unity.

also myo... make your own band - on the internet

also: tribal and warrior's silver jewelry

Straition

One of a number of parallel lines or scratches on the surface of a rock that were inscribed by rock fragments embedded in the base of a glacier as it moved across the rock band.

the band has many strata's.

Gentle Race

Onyx OverLords

The Ner-Do-Wells

Primal Edge

Skhype

taken from (to) "Skype.com", Skyper, or SkypeMe; also with video.

popular, bringing 400,000,000 internet people to talk long distance for free.

conferencing. where bands get together to jam; and perform live gigs.

The Wannabees

Shadow Biosphere

the Aliens who may be living among us undetected!

Stone Balloon

Heavy Gas

Alien Priory

independent to the Mothership

AKA

also known as

Rites Of Adonis

Adonis was a Greek god of life-death-rebirth.

synonymous with handsome men and the women who adore them.

The Call

Swan's Song

Synesthesian

the taste, shape, visual, touch, and color of music.

The Eagle (pronounced ego) Has Landed -- just kidding!

Hammer Out A New Deal With The Gods

Misty Mountain Hop Skip Jump

Kashmurial

Kashmir weather is quite erratic.

also taken from Mercurial:

"a quicksilver character, cool and willful at one moment, utterly fragile the next"

Ancient Sha men

healer, medicine man, high priest, teacher, intermediary, witch doctor, sorcerer :wizard:

entering supernatural realms and spirit worlds to provide answers for humans.

Chinese sha men "Buddhist monk".

One characteristic could be "Age is a requirement as well, definitely being over the age of fifty would disqualify those that want to be involved in serving the spirits." boooo :angry: discrimination!

Zivug

the greatest pleasure that can ever be, Love and Light; spiritual coupling.

Golden Auger

Mu, a lost continent and civilization in the Pacific Ocean which relates to Robert.

Grand Illusion :piano:

Plantiniridium

or Platiniridium

rare platinum found free and alloyed with iridium

(oops, too much Plant in there to be a band!)

Zenotic

OM trance

Mellowfluents

mellifluent: honey drip

Jupiter in Leo

Sandkrit: guru. the power of one person to make a statement that will be heard by the world.

(Jimmy's Jupiter is in Leo)

HayWired and the Strippers

stripper n. a chemical product for removing a surface cover up; an oil well; a wire cutter :tomato:

Absquatulation

the action of going away suddenly and squatting somewhere else; making off, decamping.

example: If the band doesn't make an appearance soon, the fans will imagine a total absquatulation!

Uptown Boys and The Downtown Floozies!

(sounds a little bluesy to me) :console:

"I'm not messems a floozie for the Muse

the Muse methinks is decorous & choosy

her methods might resemble talking blues

I'm crying all the way to the jacuzzy

but say again what was your question? scusi

does "poetry" mean nothing left to lose?

Some babble with a bottle full of booze

while others more abstemious refusie

one pays in many ways the varied dues:

one doesn't get a waiver -- if you're rusey

you might perchance perfect poetic doozie

you might as well: there's little left to lose.

The lawyer with the ornery client sues

the golden-throated crooner grows enthusie

the lover in a thousand letters woos

the patient gets impatient when he's woozy

antiquity returns! & you're its newsie?"

(DISCLAIMER: The above name may be unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with lowered sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this post is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this name, although the yorkshire terrier next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, ƃuıpıɹ ǝq ɹǝɥʇɐɹ p,ı

so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft. By pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets.)

:wave:

Archived