if Jimmy renames the band, what would be a good name?

babybluejeans

... If Gene Simmons (of KISS) doesn't already own it. <_<

Or Bert Jansch ...

So, at this point 40 years ago today, they would still be The New Yardbirds, correct? But by summer 2009, how about ...

THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME

Led Zeppelin & Friends

40th Anniversary Tour

Featuring Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Jason Bonham, Myles Kennedy, Dave Grohl (foos), Joe Walsh, The Cult, The Tea Party and more ...

I've followed Jimmy too long to know that he won't use the name Led Zeppelin. Jimmy's never used the name outside the 02 gig and the other 2 debacles. It's a major presumption to assume that he will. There's enough of an interest and fan base to sustain what it is they're hopefully up to.

(I didn't find this topic or thread anywhere on this and hope it's in the right place.)

I know that even if they renamed the band, they'd still be doing Led Zeppelin material.

new band name...how about:

Last Resort

:blink:

or:

De Niz Peepll

The Jimmy Page Quartet, how 'bout it?

Eh...why not just keep 'Led Zeppelin'. C'mon, get over this Plant thing...either he is in, or he is not. People change jobs, so why not Plant. Perhaps he is over the band, therefore Zeppelin continues on.

yeah I know...it would be sad if Robert didn't join in the band...would you go see them anyway??? I would just cuz it's Zep...but who would they get Rod Stewart or the singer of White Snake whats his name David ??something.?? O well they will have Jason Bonham as a drummer too. It might be a different singer too. I just don't think it should be called Led Zeppelin anymore...maybe Led Zeppelin Again...or Led Zep Light...something else...It never will be the same with out Bonzo...you know...I think they ought to do with out the idea all together...I mean after the the Yardbirds became the New Yardbirds they changed, and the name as well do they want the New Led Zeppelin??? I think not!!! It's a disgusting Idea and I think they should just start over...why not call it The Jimmy Page Band. I mean Robert Plant went solo and Jimmy page is on some of the songs...they didn't tell you that now did they... I was pissed too, when I found out. I had bought all Plants CD's thinking it was just him, and wondering all this time well what the Hell is Jimmy doing...well I mean he was in Coverdale and Page , The Firm...see now there you go you got Jimmy Page the Lead singer for Deep Purple why not just refuse to call it Led Zeppelin and come up with a new name altogether. I think it only fitting to call the band something other then Led Relived. or Relifted...something totality different. I mean if they plan to do Led Zeppelin songs why not call it Bonzos Tribute...I like that one...Why I think even John H.Bonham himself would appreciate that one. Don't you agree??

Peace,Love and Butterflies, Susie

No name, just like the LZ IV album. Everyone will know who it is anyway.

Make a new symbol for the entire band, not induvidual members. We want a band no matter who the singer is.

They won't need any promotion. 20 million people will try to get tickets for their concerts. A new album will set all sales records.

The pent up demand is overwhelming.

We don't need a name, just a band and a tour and an album and a DVD.

No name, just like the LZ IV album. Everyone will know who it is anyway.

Make a new symbol for the entire band, not induvidual members. We want a band no matter who the singer is.

They won't need any promotion. 20 million people will try to get tickets for their concerts. A new album will set all sales records.

The pent up demand is overwhelming.

We don't need a name, just a band and a tour and an album and a DVD.

I really love your idea!!! Just a symbol...

(But maybe there would be one problem, I mean like "Yay, my friends, listen, I got a ticket for *unspeakable symbol*!"...They would keep calling it Led Zeppelin.

I really love your idea!!! Just a symbol...

(But maybe there would be one problem, I mean like "Yay, my friends, listen, I got a ticket for *unspeakable symbol*!"...They would keep calling it Led Zeppelin.

Ha ha, like what Prince used to do...in this case, The Artists Formerly Known as Led Zeppelin. :D

Archived